Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Very healthy plants Meesta. Yes I also tried to grow different harvest date strains to not have to work as hard trimming so many plants. I'm hoping the WW will be the first to ripen but it's all up to the sun and mother nature.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    alltatup Thank you 😊. It's a fun ride for sure!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I think I get anxious moments on every grow, but they pass and I accept what's happening now. Your plants look magnificent.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Love the shots, Meesta! Beautiful pink sunset, handsome skinny male mantis in profile, some absolutely delicious looking goodies for your family member!! Remember Meesta: just the presence of the mantis in the grow, even if temporary, is such an auspicious sign of a good grow.

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Here we have the three White Widows. Strangely seems they're about a week apart on when they started flowering, younger ladies behind them as well. A cascading harvest could be interesting, a lot less work at once so I might not need a trimming army. Still gotta get to that point though, starting to get occasional fits of anxiety to be honest! Mellow the mood and keep on truckin'.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Pictures of the lovely ladies.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Gonna get an update going here today, started work at 5:30am and left a little early, nice to have this afternoon for myself and my ladies.

We'd been on a 3day(every 3rd day) water schedule, just recently bumped up to every 2. Feeding every other watering with the full FF trio. Big Bloom+Tiger Bloom at full strength, Grow Big at half. I'm seeing a few leaves bending (90*) at the tips, so gonna cut Grow Big out for the time being on all future waterings. I also recently ordered 'Beastie Blooms' and 'Cha-Ching', both FF products. Only opting for the two, as the women have been in flower for long enough and are not needing 'Open Sesame', the third product in that line up.

Strange summer here in the Bay Area, CA...hot weeks in April and May. June through now has had warm weather, being close to the coast we've had a considerable amount of strong winds as well. Actually waiting on the wind to die down a little to take some pictures. I'll try to get one of the "gentle breeze", 🤘😂.

The mantids are slippery buggers! That, or the majority were males. Once they molted for their wings, they might have flown away..I'm more of the belief that you can never find them while searching. It's only when I admire the ladies from a distance that they become clear as day. If that's the case though, I may only have two adult mantids who stuck around.

Aaaaalrighty! I'll be adding some photos here as the day goes on. Throwing a few on here from another day. As always folks, thank you for stopping by!

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Alright, another interesting nature moment. Had a friend by, who pointed out to me the "bees fucking on my plant". Didn't realize until afterwards taking this picture how they do. It appears one bumblebee lands on the larger female's wings, where another then, well, yes.

*I might have wandered around the nursery before buying ladybugs..🤘😎
    Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 08-03-2019, 04:37 PM. Reason: *2nd photo

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    I think I'd like to try my hand at a greenhouse, it's a maybe for next year at least. The time is getting closer..🤘😋

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I have not used any artificial lighting since they were seedlings. They have been inside a unlighted unheated greenhouse from April to last part of May.The seeds were started in March. It slowed them down i'm sure they have fought through environmental flux since. Definitely affected the autos, photos are simply slow grower outdoors. I use no special booster nor have I considered forcing bloom. I am patient grower, I will use the GH in fall as needed. Hopefully WW and the higher indica strains will show flower before mid Aug.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    🤘😂, SoOrbudgal Yes, I too long for foot long...colas 😏. Uhh, I may try counting for one plant today, I'm curious as to how many there are.

I have been noticing, the first WW outside is staying behind the other two. Which leads me to believe that the change in lighting from my indoor box (6am-12am) may be my leading cause in my progressed flower. I had initially planned to adjust to regular hours(daylight) over time, that damn Electric Timer is a nightmare though. Think I'll go mechanical next time.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Really nice colas going to be fat, your doing great job Meesta. We are still getting about 14hrs of sun here. I don't see hairs yet on mine but there builds the bud sites. I've been cleaning the small stems out with the little bud sites really thinning a lot. Some plants will have 8 arms some up to 12. I want those primary sites to get really thick to hopefully hold foot long ummm colas

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Look at those buds grow!!! Mantids getting bigger!

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Was able to find a few mantids today, only had my phone for two 🤘😅. Then a couple pictures of WW#3. The mantids are quick! I had moved near an insect that then went towards the undercanopy, Larry Mantis here then dove from the top of the plant down to the middle!

I had been feeding each watering, while increasing the amount of Tiger Bloom and decreasing the amount of Grow Big slowly over the process. I was giving them 4gal per 25gal pot. Fabric pots create a fair amount of runoff on their own, so it's tough to judge. However, yesterday I switched back to 6gal per, also only used plain water. They're a very happy bunch today!

Things are looking good. I really just wanted to make a post about the cool mantis photos, but figured I'd fill y'all in on the happenings. Thanks for stopping by. 🤘😎
    -Meesta

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Bon appetit!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X