X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeestaFeesha
    started a topic Meesta's Grow

Meesta's Grow

Hey all, new here, have not grown for close to ten years. Helped people along the way at interesting levels, but this I would say is my first real grow. I educated myself a long time ago when I had done a CFL Rubbermaid grow, that one taught me what not to do. I guess I'll give the storyboard background until we get caught up to current date.

We'll go back to April, and that's where this grow story begins. Started off with 3 White Widow seeds, each germinated well and sprouted. I actually underestimated the germination time, and threw this cabinet together and then up on the wall in a day. Still hasn't got any paint.

300w Vispar LED in a 24"x36"x44" cab.

[April 9] Started the White Widow (3) seedlings in solo cups, with some pretty old soil I had lying around, they didn't like it much. I let them go for two weeks [April 24] and up potted to 1gal fabric pots using 'Happy Frog' to relieve them from their troubles. Around that time my three new seeds arrived, with a bunch of free ones as well. Once again, quick germination and they took to their new homes well [May 3].

Will add more later this evening, trying to get caught up to date sooner rather than later. Thanks for stopping by 😁
    -Meesta
    Box in Place on the wall There's an alien in the closet! The three WW seedlings Transferred to 1gal w/ Happy Frog New Seeds!
    Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 07-04-2019, 02:27 AM. Reason: I added '-ing' to a word

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Reminds me of John Denver bless his soul, he was a naked gardener really into his land.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Really fat harvest Meesta we get distracted by our other lifes dealings at time they take away from the grow. I get it. I got that 3am anxious feeling going on. Watch those colas i'm concerned with air circulation when drying large colas they are beautiful. I have to raise my canopy up put another 6" under the legs next season. I'd love to do the same with the GH although it would leave access for varmints to i'll figure it out to block them off.

Meesta i'm glad you got some good buds to help you, I believe your plants to be larger harvest than mine it takes so much effort to get great results like you've gotten. You deserve, heck we all do sit back in a month gather round a firepit and burn the skeletons of our harvest. We do with a few neighbors glory in the harvest, drink some mulled wine in Oct. if you like it.

I got 7 to harvest, hoping not ripening to close together but i'm checking real good this morning. One is just a small auto in the GH no big deal. It's the last of experimental autos for summer growing. Anyhoo, hope you have a good day my porch smells lovely this a.m. with mama mia she sure has been a trooper gonna miss her lost her babies to the runaway wagon spill. What a year LOL Peace & No Mold

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    and they call him the streek lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    whats that little worm yikesother than that fantastic buds

• alltatup
    replied
    Awesome work, meesta!! Someone got a pic of you out there tending to your cannabis in the rain:

Click image for larger version

Name:	meesta.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	338010

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Chance be it, as it does happen, got some other than weed stuff going on. Turned into a lurker on the forum, but wanted to update here! Wall of text to distract me from reality, 🤘😅.

Well, it rained here Monday morning, I knew it was going to, and I was not prepared. Things seem to have worked out. I had woken up at 3am and heard the pitter patter of rain, more jolted awake after that. Ran in my birthday suit outside in the moonlight and moved the three younger ladies and gave them a good shake to get water off. The WW got a good shake then, when I woke up for work, and again before I left for work. As well as driving home to double check during my lunch.

I had, along with the help of two buds, chop down WW#3 on Sunday. She is currently drying in the spare room...It was probably about 4-5yrs since each of us had trimmed. Gave the buds guidelines and let them start as I watered the group. We'll pick back up again for a final trim most likely this weekend.

We've got rain predicted in the future (looks like 8-9am 30%, nothing crazy). I did buy a canvas cover/frame (EZ-Up) today...with intentions to having actually bought it Saturday 🤦*♂️. Although, I got home this evening with enough time to water and set up the smaller plants on the porch. SoOrbudgal I swear I meant to buy it before now!

Bah, I'm probably forgetting a fair amount (or just leavin' bits out, 😋), but I feel it's already more than enough! Pictures are always worth some-odd amount of words anyways, right? Hope all is well with you lot! And as always, thank you for stopping by.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    alltatup "I've done the same things many times." About you saying cats can take soooo long to kill prey LOL

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    You lost me there. Cats are slow killers...

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    alltatup …….WHAT you a slow killer hmmm very interesting. Now Meesta we should all take a lesson in supporting what a shame we grow such heavy armed ladies I know i'm going to get a shorter more squat wider container next summer. I'm done with the taller containers, summer is becoming more windy in my area it seems?? I really thought I had prepared but not the case. I will be next season. I'm gonna wire cage them and bamboo spread. We are taking off for a couple days and they got me concerned cause of falling over being top heavy so i'm placing them behind a chicken coop which blocks the wind. Not in sun but safe from wind. My greenhouse is not large enough to hold 4 more plants I have 2 in there now along with my soil tote and containers. I had them under ezup but they still need more sun on top only use that when it rains. Well you have a fun chore ahead, if we were neighbors i'd help you trim those plants, take your time. Have a great weekend were going salmon fishing, it's smoking/canning time of year.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it's always been so strange to me that cats can take soooo long to kill their prey... I've done the same thing many times.

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    I'm so glad that you have the same thought process as I did!

Yea, there was no way I coulda brought myself to do it. Killing rodents/birds that Nala brings me is a different story. If she's maimed them bad enough, I'll end their misery.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    The mantis is a beauty, and it's a good thing you didn't clip wings; I can't imagine how bad the karmic backlash would have been!!!

This is the exciting time!! The girls look fantastic!!! I hope no branches broke on you!

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Good news everyone! Plants are looking healthy, aside from a small spot of WPM, or accidental nutrient drip. Either or, it's been cut away and I purchased 'Serenade'(organic disease control) for worst case scenario.

A coworker was flippin through a new unit of white oak, found a large praying mantis and called me over. Took 'em home and released among the WW ladies. I had thought of clipping their wings, but couldn't bring myself to do it. This beauty has since moved on, but what fun! Super docile around me, nearly walked up my arm as I let it go!
    https://imgur.com/gallery/bs7udjX

So, dealt with the accidental burn by flushing with water, then next watering flushing with 'FF Sledgehammer', followed by another regular watering, and we're back on track! WW ladies are now only receiving 'Cha-Ching' and 'Bembe' every other watering, getting closer everyday!

My hands shake a bit, but I'm proud of the picture I was able to take with the loupe. Getting cloudy, no amber as of yet, to my dismay. I have taken today and tomorrow off (PTO filled out a month or so ago) with the idea I'd be chopping a lady down. Looks like at the very least another week.

Learning more as they grow, at this point recognizing in the future I'll want to support branches more. I'm proud of the shapes these ladies have taken, however there are areas that need improvement. Live and learn! With my free time I'm sure I'll update again soon. Thanks for stopping by y'all!
    🤘😎 - Meesta
    WW#3 Harder to take the family shot! WW#3

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Good Friday Meesta we had heck of a storm role through here from about 11pm on too 3am. Wind, pounding rain and lots of lightning was a great show. Warm and humid. Say..I've done over fed a few times, happens as times are shortening till harvest and the action slows on ripening. Some tolerate it being misfed better than others I've notice. My cookie strain never showed the burn but yes one of my WW did show burnt tips. I don't worry neither as it will get a good flush or two before the next feed. I also did last of my defoil on the largest fans and a few misfit leaves. My ezup is ready as temps/weather becomes more unstable. I'm thinking another month on 3 of mine. 6wks on another 2 and for the sake of stubborn freakin Gorilla Bomb is just now showing preflower. I'd set that off away because of the lanky/leaf ratio really looked like it was going male. She's pretty wimpy on the branches more "olive oil" than " Popeye" she's gonna have to go into greenhouse for sure.
    Hang in there, i'm getting antsy too it's the fall got that harvest itch

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X