Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    You haven't known scary until you ride out a hail storm inside a metal-roofed house!

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    My neighbor put a metal roof on his house. I guess he didn't think about all the oak trees near his house. In the fall when the acorns are ripe and fall from the trees and hit his roof, well the sound is like a firing range, just not as loud. When the wind blows, auto fire!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Ugh LOL i've done that shoveling 1x so far this winter could'nt back my car out stuck for couple days. I'm going through the wood pretty darn quick here.

• UberMensch
    commented on 's reply
    Cold...but beautiful.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Happens at our camp in the adks every time we go this time of year. Takes two hours to get in the place. Haven't been since Thanksgiving. Maybe next week.

• GreenState
    replied
    You know your weed is getting close to finishing when outside shoveling snow, you can smell it!

(the downside of a metal roof, an avalanche when it sheds)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3826.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	553887

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Hoping the end of this week will bring a close to the 1 gallon grow. That would mark 12 weeks since flipping.
    Having trouble keeping the branches upright.

Name:	IMG_3821.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	553880

Leave a comment:

• UberMensch
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenState View Post
    Well gang, my plants came through just fine!!! A little tacoing from stress, but buds look much fatter now 7 days later (g)
    Passed a couple of billboards on the way home.
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3765.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	551198
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3761.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	551199
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3757.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	551200
    Either they put those billboards up this fall, or I'm completely blind!
    I drove through there this past summer (on my way to do the Ben and Jerry's tour) and didn't see anything cannabis related.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Mentioned UNM bought @$24.68 as it broke through a double top and reversed back into the channel. Seeing some of the 13F filing info coming in from hedge funds it appears there was quite a bit of selling in the 4th quarter. Yet rising rates could be beneficial to them along with financials in general, not to mention any improvement in covid.
    Being a contrarian investor at heart at least I'm happy someone at Goldman Sachs came in with a buy rating and price target of 32 in December.
    It ran up quickly last week and now is approaching resistance, I'm tempted to add if we see a decent pullback.

Name:	UNM chart.png
Views:	366
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	552725

Leave a comment:

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    Good morning GreenState. 3 degrees and windy is a good reason to take a day off. Seems like bdc's and reit's are quite similar. I still have MO. I have a daughter named Simone. When she was a child I called her Mo. So MO is a favorite of mine. Also I'm in it for an average cost of 28 dollars. MAIN and ARCC are a couple of BDC's I have been holding quite awhile. Have a great day !!

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Good morning Eliot Pryor. Have owned Altria in the past but luckily got out before the crash and burn(financial crisis 2008), held it a number of years and was a fantastic dividend producer. I haven't seen much success from their weed endeavors,same for ABBV.
    The yahoo business description you posted was what led me to think the company was structured more like a BDC than a reit, but it's unimportant, just sparked my interest. When my interest is sparked, it's an opportunity to learn more, which is always a good thing

A windy, chilly 3 degrees here this morning, think I'll declare a wood splitting snow day (ha,ha).
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-08-2022, 05:52 AM.

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    AFC Gamma, Inc. originates, structures, underwrites, and manages senior secured loans and other types of loans for established companies operating in the cannabis industry in states that have legalized medicinal and/or adult use cannabis. It primarily originates loans structured as senior loans secured by real estate, equipment, licenses and/or other assets of the loan parties to the extent permitted by applicable laws and the regulations governing such loan parties. AFC Gamma, Inc. has elected and qualified to be taxed as a real estate investment trust for the United States federal income tax purposes under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. The company was founded in 2020 and is based in West Palm Beach, Florida
    I have Altria (symbol MO). They sell Marlboro and they bought into Juul a couple years ago and promptly lost their ass. PFE and ABBV are developing medicines derived from cannabis. I think AFCG is the only pure cannabis play I have. I copied that info from Yahoo's financial page.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Morning Eliot Pryor took a quick look at AFCG, interesting. I'm not sure why or how they can operate under a reit model,
    seems as though they are more like a BDC entity. That said, I didn't dig very deep, do they actually own any facilities,and say lease them back to operators or do they just lend to the operators? I've shied away from weed involved companies, did some trading in them a couple of years ago when volatility was high(pun intended )
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-07-2022, 06:59 AM.

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    GreenState living on a boat sounds like a dream come true to me. I had a small machine shop for forty years. I retired at 62. Picked up another 100 shares of ACFG at $20.23 this morning. Quit the last job I ever had in October 1976. I think I am what is referred to as "hard core unemployable".

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Eliot Pryor Yes, it was Smith Barney, one of those ads that sticks in your mind. Gosh I'm not that old, but do think this upcoming work season will be my last. I've worked physically most my entire life, self-employed one man show(construction) the last 20-and remain my company's lone laborer !(g). Will be 64 in May and will have one more year of Obamacare to deal with, left attempting to keep my MAGI below a targeted amount. I'm probably in the minority when I say I'd like to pay some long term capital gains taxes now(lol), but constrained until medicare age(here in VT, I have to purchase health insurance through the state). Been seriously thinking it will be time to down size my house in the next few years, -or no size at all and live aboard a 40ft trawler in a marina somewhere! I would be afraid of WPM on my plants though due to the humidity on a boat (lol!!)
    We'll see, one day at a time
    Glad you've recovered from the stoke, my Dad had one 12 years or so ago.
    Cooler here today, 24 and flurries, feels a little more like winter
    Edit- I've certainly own both VZ and T in the past. Sold them and invested in BCE about 4 years ago, much better dividend growth rate, typically a 5% annual increase. I own it in an IRA so there are no Canadian taxes withheld (tax treaty).What both T and VZ have attempted to do the last 3-4 years and failed miserably at, BCE did figure out how to do over that same period time.IMO of course (g)
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-06-2022, 10:39 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X