A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

So I thought I'd start a new thread for this grow to avoid confusion.
    All feminized:
    Gorilla Glue #4
    White Widow
    Blue widow

Helmets came off New Years eve. Currently under 100 w equivalent daylight LED.
    Now at day 6 (Sunday). Hope to take weekly progress photos.
    Hadn't seen where many have grown the blue widow and at this point, although it is supposed to be indica dominate, it's leaves appear narrower and longer than the other sativa dominant plants (GG&WW). But it's early I know.
    Blue Widow top left, White widow top right, and gorilla glue is in the round container.
    My little nursery box (g) running 18hrs/6hrs. Miracle Grow starter mix (will transplant into fox farms)
    Wishing all the best in the new year!!!
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-06-2019, 06:14 PM.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Looking good so far, good luck.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenState View Post
      So I thought I'd start a new thread for this grow to avoid confusion.
      All feminized:
      Gorilla Glue #4
      White Widow
      Blue widow

Helmets came off New Years eve. Currently under 100 w equivalent daylight LED.
      Now at day 6 (Sunday). Hope to take weekly progress photos.
      Hadn't seen where many have grown the blue widow and at this point, although it is supposed to be indica dominate, it's leaves appear narrower and longer than the other sativa dominant plants (GG&WW). But it's early I know.
      Blue Widow top left, White widow top right, and gorilla glue is in the round container.
      My little nursery box (g) running 18hrs/6hrs. Miracle Grow starter mix (will transplant into fox farms)
      Wishing all the best in the new year!!!
      Is that Blue Widow from New 420 Guy Seeds? I’ve got some Blue Widow from him that I’m wanting to grow next and, as you noted, haven’t seen much out there about it.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-not-screw-up

Comment

Thanks Mr.furley, let's hope for the best! Yes KenneyHo, they are all from 420 guy, should be interesting, we'll see.
        All the best.....
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Starting a couple GG4, GSC, and Tahoe OG from New420guy tomorrow, all fem, please keep posted with Blue Widow, I was thinking about that for next, also it looks like new seeds coming going th grab some Gelato later this month.
          GL with your grow

Comment

Yeah, definitely let me know how the "Blue Widow" turns out. I got a few seeds of that from my people in Detroit, and I'm considering it for the next grow.
            My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
            My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
            My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
            My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

GreenState, also Vermont here, where do you find that soil, would like to check it out

Comment

Not sure where the bags of fox farms soil came from, a friend of mine gave them to me last fall and they've been sitting out in the garage since then.
                I think it can be ordered from Amazon though. Another option and I had good luck with it last year was MooDoo potting soil.
                A bit chilly this morning @ 5 degrees, brrrrrr (g)

Comment

• WizardsNThings
                  WizardsNThings commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use the MooDoo manure in my garden and mixed it with sphagnum moss in 10 gallon pots for tomatoes that love it (also VT). Didn't think of using the potting potting soil for my ladies

Sorry I was asking about that Vermont soil, I have a bag of fox farms now which I hope to be using by tomorrow, I think it was 9 here earlier, is brrr

Comment

• rangerjake
                  rangerjake commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The MooMix/MooDoo/other Moo variations are available at most local farm and garden stores around N. VT (I am in Stowe/Morrisville). Found last year for my plants at Guy's Farm and Yard Morrisville.

Thank You for your reply, I am in Sharon, will check out a couple of local nurseries

Comment

Been busy, I see rangerjake replied to your question. The MooDoo products are pretty common in building/garden supply stores in and around Vt.
                  Although, availability could be somewhat limited this time of the year.
                  all the best.....

Comment

Little update. So I transplanted into 6 " containers this week and moved the girls under the 400w hid light. They handled it well and I've been keeping the light fairly low, walking a fine line of scorching them(g) and trying to keep their growth height in check (short). So far so good, day 11 and 2 1'2" tall.
                    I am astounded at the different growth rates of the 3 breeds, the 420 guys white widow is kicking the ass of the blue widow and especially the gorilla glue.
                    The white widow is already a full node ahead of the other 2, with very fat leaves. Pretty plant.
                    I can see the blue widow is going to want to stretch, new sets of leaves form pointing the sky, where as the white widow's lay down flat.
                    The gorilla glue looks cute(g) with the slowest growth, it is a day or so younger than the others. But notably smaller at this point.
                    So we shall see, gave them their first taste of juice yesterday (botanicare grow)

a bit nippy out there today...my light helps supply additional heat to the house, a bonus(ha,ha)

Comment

Sunday,Sunday, Sunday (g) Day 13. A couple of pics to go along with my above midweek commentary post. White widow is still racing ahead, what a canopy.
                      Bumped my light up an inch or so, was sensing stress in the Blue Widow. Currently light is 18" above top leaves. No problem keeping the temps down, but don't want to light burn them, but have controlled height of plants to 3". So here we are. Pic of all 3 matches the same order as a week ago. Top left-blue widow, top right-white widow and bottom is the GG4.
                      I'll try and label in the picture caption area, I know some are interested in the Blue Widow (which I noticed has a deformed leaf) and is the first picture.
                      All the best and have a great Sunday.

Comment

Went ahead and transplanted the plants. They out grew the 6" pots quickly.
                        Big chill and storm on the way, figured I'd do the transplanting while I had the time.
                        White widow is still leading the way, gorilla glue is coming on though.
                        All the best.......

Comment

Day 20. Topped the white widow yesterday, blue widow will be next, just waiting on a little bit of stretch so i don't slip on the snip(g).
                          Thinking about buying a 4X4 tent, any suggestions? Really haven't looked into them yet, I'll have to do a search here.
                          Supposed to get pretty cold tonight, I'll have to get up mid night and reload the wood stove for sure.
                          All the best

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X