Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenState
    replied
    Still holding them back My window sill clones are now almost 4 months old(and 6" high!), continuously chopped
    and pretty much stuck in a heavy pre-flower state. They haven't seen artificial light since the beginning of Dec (except light from the living room in the morning and night before bedtime).
    Days are noticeably longer now and would think they'd be thinking of reverting to a full veg state.
    They are destined to be planted out in the woods somewhere, left to their own devise. They've been nice to have as house plants.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5395.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	558514

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Eliot Pryor aside from the with drawl penalties under certain circumstances, I don't see much downside for a bit different alternative place to park $10K(or less). Only losing a third of a percent to inflation . Yet for some (UNM) inflation can be a good thing(shameless plug) <g>. From their conference call after beating top and bottom line earnings
    Operator

Thank you, Mark. And our next question is from Erik Bass from Autonomous Research. Erik, your line is now open, if you’d like to proceed.

Erik Bass

Hi. Thank you. Can you talk broadly about the impact of higher inflation on your business? How much benefit do you get from rising wages in the premiums? And are there any areas where you're exposed to higher potential claim costs because of increased general inflation? And how does it affect your outlook for G&A growth?

Rick McKenney

Yes, it's a good broad question, Erik. I think, when you think about inflation, so you think about inflation and then possibly interest rates as well. But focusing on the inflation side, we will see some benefit. I think, we articulated some of those results and what we talk about is natural growth. When we see wages go up, we're going to benefit by that, just given the covers that we have out there and protecting people.

We see a little bit of it in our own costs, as Mike articulated. But I think it's -- from an overall perspective, an inflationary environment is a good one for us and that's pretty much holistic, Mike. I don't know if you'd add anything to that.

Mike Simonds

No, I think you're right. I think the benefits that we pay out on the disability side and the life insurance side, are oftentimes a function of salary. So the benefits will move up, but the premium will move up in lockstep and that's really a good premium. It comes in with very low acquisition costs and very little incremental expense to serve. So, like Rick said, I think it's roundly positive for us.

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    I don't have any I bonds. I have been reading about them recently. Nice return !!

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Humidity has settled in at 58% in the GG4 jars, which is about perfect for this sticky strain for rolling
    Eliot Pryor , ever buy an "I" savings bond? I'd guess when the interest rate gets readjusted in April(currently 7.12%) it might be higher? $10K max/cal. year. I'm interested.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Eliot Pryor I saw the news out of KSS, it seems to have lifted all boats in the sector. I might have mentioned,
    I have a close relative who is a lead men's outerwear designer for one of Kohl's publicly traded competitors.
    They treat him quite well, silicon valley well with salary &perks...

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    With the humidity in the house @19%, the challenge this time of the year is slowing down
    the drying process. After 4 days hanging on the stem, have removed the buds, laid them out on an aluminum baking sheet
    and placed all in a kitchen trash bag. Another few days and into jars it will go with further burping as needed. Real dense buds, so mold is always in the back of my mind. All the best.

• Eliot Pryor
    replied
    I've tried about 10 different strains from dispensaries. Gorilla Glue was the only one that was not a disappointment. Looking Good !!

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Fruits of the labor, very sticky GG4
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    GreenState pretty wild trading going on, look for more. I picked up another 100 of afcg @ 18.75 so now I'm in at 20.20. I'm holding a couple hundred of Kohl's (KSS) for more than 2 years, So on Monday they get a bid to buy them out. That made them jump buy about 30 %. At least one bright spot. Have a great day !!

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Eliot Pryor Well the upside to this market downside is, I sure am getting a lot of my firewood cut and split! (lol!)
    I did average up some, adding to IRM @ 42.50

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    GreenState yep average down a little.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Eliot Pryor Ha, well looks like I was early, may add again. Tiny amounts, love commission free trades.
    (I clearly remember my first commission paid on a stock purchase through Bear Stearns was $300 for about $3K worth of stock.
    My have things changed) Sticky fingers, the GG4 is brutal to trim up wet the first go around, but that's how I roll. Smells like floor cleaner!
    -10 this morning so decided today was a good to chop them down.
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-22-2022, 08:27 AM.

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    Good luck !! I am always in about 85 percent. I just try to make the nut get a little bigger each year. Kind of like the guy that walked off a 100 story building, he was heard to say as he went by the 50th floor. "So far so good". Have a great day !!

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Eliot Pryor Went ahead and added to my UNM this morning @ 27.03. Ex-divy is next week I believe (28th).
    We'll see

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    I can relate to all. We have a very large apple tree that overhangs part of the roof and in late fall when they're dropping
    sounds like the house is being hit by golf balls (lol). No dents though. One more somewhat warmer day here, then the big chill sets in again. But hey, it's right on schedule as we are in the typically coldest time of the year here.
    And here's a happy thought on humanity....Had a propane delivery day after the storm and on the bill left on the door, the driver wrote me a thank you note for snowblowing a path to the tanks, thought that was nice....better than the price per gallon anyways!
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-20-2022, 07:49 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X