Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100 Thanks OJH, my picture taking skills seem to be declining!
    A little news from the home front, after getting my Mom a vaccine shot a few weeks ago, my Dad finally scored one on his own at the VA in Daytona beach. He happened to be in the area and noticed tents set up, long story short he got lucky! (@88 yo, luck plays an important role (lol)) And a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders trying to get them scheduled from here in VT.
    Happy,happy. Going to be awhile yet before I can get in line here.
    Last edited by GreenState; 02-24-2021, 05:56 AM.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    very nice so frosty

• GreenState
    replied
    Day shy of 5 weeks since flipping. She's drinking a half gallon every 2 days now, wood heat doesn't help LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5037.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	493245

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    shes certainly is spoiled and proud of it

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Up North here we all deal with those conditions nearly every winter. If your not used to it I can only imagine the chaos. Every year people up here forget how to drive in the white stuff when the 1st good snowfall arrives not to mention the ice and wind.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal Ha,ha I was thinking the same thing. She seems to like having all the attention,all the light and all the room! (lol)!
    Ended up with about 5" of heavy mashed potatoes, now 44 degrees.....and 17 at my sisters "down south" !(ha,ha)

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Spoiled rotten and given all the attention she's a beauty all grown up!

• GreenState
    replied
    The lonely girl

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4961.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	490972Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5012.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	490973

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    GreenState I've got a few of those too! The 10k does a pretty good job on the whole house though. Except the stove. Draws too much.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Bowhunterwoody I have 2 generators................................I fill both with lamp oil and they generate light!

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Excellent Bowhunterwoody after we got hammered with snow lost power for over a week only one generator, we bought another. I feel so bad for others i hope they got heat.

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    1/2 inch of ice expected tonight and tomorrow. Probably lose power. Generator is ready.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal Wild weather for sure! I saw they may break temp records going back to the 1800's.
    I can remember when I lived in Myrtle Beach and we got 10" of snow. It was a sight to behold. Had a 4 wheel drive Subaru wagon at the time, no problems. I imagine I-40 will be shut down later today, what a mess.
    Of course here, it would be a typical day (lol)

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    It's a real mess that's for sure. Folks not use to driving in it an the ice layers, those would be my " sick day " calls i white knuckled it to work many times.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100 Morning OJH, we haven't had much of a thaw for awhile now, probably 2ft of settled down snow on the ground.
    Guess more is on the way for the week ahead. My sister lives outside of Memphis and I've been watching their local news this morning.
    Don't expect many will be down on Beale st today! Historical weather there (lol).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X