• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    good call

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal Had 2 HBD seeds (photo fem-not(g)) one was a dud and the other was a male, kind of sucked(ha). Such is life, water off a ducks back.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Your fem HBD were male? I got the auto version HBD fems so the pkg says. Getting a few males from fems these days?

• GreenState
    replied
    Having trouble keeping myself away from the scissors (g) Trying to get some light into the bowels of the plants.. (BW front;Durban back)Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1960.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	373920

Last winters blue widow, not a huge yielder at around 2 oz.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1298.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	373922
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenState; 02-08-2020, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Decision made, moved the HBD into the woodstove So down to 2, blue widow and durban poison. Unfortunately I may not end up with the yield I need, but we'll see.
    Hopefully the other 2 are female...they were all feminized seeds, so I am bummed.
    This is the pic that sealed my decision, for right or wrong Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4584.JPG
Views:	541
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	372140

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    I suspect you're right OJH. I'll give her a week and see.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    thats what I would call them you could separate it until your sure (If you dare LOL)

• GreenState
    replied
    1 day into flip. balls? male? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	371530Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	371529
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks OJH, you're probably right.. Is this the beginning of male bits in next photo?

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I think the motors are not designed to run at different speeds by lowering the electric ,I think if you put it on a switch that turns it off and on it will work and you can also put it on a thermostat controlled plug . I regulate my temp and humidity by turning the fan off and on its off for 1.5 hours then on for 15 minutes then off for 1,5 I do this all day and it keeps the room between 70 and 80 % rh and the same with the heat ,

I think the thermostat control plug would be better for what you want to do

• GreenState
    replied
    My hps re-purposed 400 w parking lot flood light. Runs so much cooler than the 400w mh fixture. Any electricians out there? I have 3 or 4 of these fan units, squirrel cage fans.
    I picked then up from a condo building changing out their individual forced air furnaces for a central boiler, so these came out of those furnaces systems. They can be thermostatically controlled, and I rewired one bypassing the switch. My question is, could I use a dimmer switch to control (lower the speed-these things blow some air) without damaging the fan motor? Here's a .pdf file for the box fan TIA.. http://tjernlund.com/Tjernlund_8504038.pdf Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1940.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	371503Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1866.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	371504Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1864.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	371505

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Not a very good photo. Got an inch of stretch overnight! Durban front, BW back left and HBD back right. Don't think the HBD is going to amount to much, but we'll see. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1938.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	371460

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    I am loving the longer days.

• GreenState
    replied
    Well, decided to flip to 12/12 and switch to HPS this morning. 1 or 2 days shy of 5 weeks.Changed nuets and defoliated.(tough day for the plants(g))) I think the HBD is going to be a stretchy girl. Blue widow is still the shortest by 2" without topping. Actually smoking a little bw this morning, 1 full jar left. I can tell the days are getting longer now, I like it.
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-30-2020, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal will keep you posted on the HBD. Funny, looking around it seems as though most seeds offered are autos. I got these photos from new 420 guy, so we'll see. I think it's going to be a stretchy one and plan on putting a cage around her today for future branch support. The BW needs no support, but don't know about the durban (have to play it by ear)
    All right, woodstove is loaded back up and I'm going back to bed!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X