Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks oldjarhead! I do use the neem oil occasionally for bugs (haven't had too much of that issue), but have never sprayed it into the thick buds to prevent bud rot. GreenCure is my go to for the WPM. As you say in your next post, I have not lost much bud yet to the rot, probably because I keep a close watch for it, and remove any that's starting. Hope your garden thrives...you probably are growing photos since you mention going all the way to October? I really love the autos, since they are so quick to produce, and I can get many staggered plants going! Hope that Mass sunshine is strong for us in August! 🌞🐸

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    in the fall when I get bud rot I cut it out and leave the rest I loose a little that way but the rest seems to finish up nicely

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    hey Rockman I'm in Mass as well my outside autos are just a little behind you so I haven't had any issues yet but I will come OCT. one thing that might be of help to you is neem oil I use it and green cure for WPM but the bugs don't seem to like the taste of neem oil so I spray for that as well . in one of Harly Smiths classes he stated if you increase the cal mag with amino acids it will make your plants WPM resistant ,it makes there skin to thick so the wpm can not attach itself to the plant. thats a real simple explanation its still early lol

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    replied
    Here's a few of the girls. Swiss Cheese has some awesome colas getting close to pluck. White Widow has filled in nicely, and may be my favorite (WW was the very first cannabis grow I ever did!). Jock Horror has formed a good structure for future development. Candida is a photoperiod, super high in CBD (she's much smaller than the other 2 photos, but is now making up by becoming a gorgeous specimen). And the last, Lemon OG Haze, shows the bandages I needed to apply on the main stem. I discovered recently a small hole made by some stem borer, so I used sharp knife, made a slit parallel to stem (long slit cause it took awhile before finding and eliminating the culprit), and closed up the incision. This was done several days ago, and she is looking rather undisturbed from the surgery! 🐸

Leave a comment:

• GanjaGed
    commented on 's reply

Peroxide Garden! Ways to use Hydrogen Peroxide in the Garden: fertilizer, sprouting seeds, rooting cuttings, for soil fungus, and more

How much water should you use with how much peroxide, in gardening with hydrogen peroxide? Charts for proper dilution for watering or spraying plants

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your suggestion GanjaGed! I will look into the H2O2 treatment, since bud rot seems to be the only big issue this summer, and the plants are otherwise growing beautifully. Probably the best thing that I did was to stagger the grows, which makes it great because when something happens to a few, I have many more younger ones to play around with! 😊 I still am getting lots of good bud to harvest on the few that showed the rot at its beginning of harvest window. Thanks again! 🌻

• GanjaGed
    commented on 's reply
    Have you tried a H2O2 foliar?

I'm really loving it indoors, once a week for prevention.

Prevention ratio: 1 gal water, 1/2 cup 3% OR 2 Teaspoons 35%. Double the Peroxide levels if fungus is present.

Hope you get some good weather soon! Oh yea I dig that different stages pic

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks BTB, in spite of the challenges, I love having my cannabis powered by our lifegiving sun! 🌞 And every year (and month) will have slightly different weather conditions...so I am always hopeful that I will at some point hit a stretch of ideal weather! 🐸

• Beach_Town_Brit
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear about your rot, mold is the great bane of growing outside. Even in SoCal we had rot in last Autumn's outdoor harvest. I've been reading about people who do high Ph washes and sprays on their plants to kill molds.
    Nonetheless a lovely selection of ladies that look perfectly happy to be outdoors during the summer.

• rockman
    replied
    A midsummer shot of the various stages of growth, including 3 that are partially harvested due to the beginnings of bud rot. The humid weather continues this week, so it's constant vigilance for ripening buds, as well as treating the occasional appearance of powdery mildew on leaves. The autos are so quick to go to flower, so it is fascinating for me to observe the few photoperiod plants, which are showing only vegetative growth at this time! 🌞🌿

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Tika, how dare they! 😫 As you said, maybe karma will reward them with what they deserve! 😏 I've been super quiet informing any acquaintances about my home growing...and being out in a relatively secluded country setting has helped ease any fears of human confiscation of my precious girls. 🌿 Along with constant bud rot surveillance, I'm also checking on the various bugs and critters which have a fondness for the sacred species (unsurprisingly!) 🐍🐛🐜🐲

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    Ya know rockman even tho we don't have too much raging humidity- it is a constant issue here. I bought a unit at my beginnings and it sucked a lot of water out of my closet tent. Then I realized my electric bill would cost the same as the unit monthly! ...moved the tent , gave the new machine away , got bigger tent, , and still have high humidity at night when closed. I am just living with it and occasionally have bud rot and alwayyyyysss looking for it. The crud comes on fast! Outdoors I know it would be a big concern her. My point- I really have empathy for you. Some strains as I am sure you know are more resistant but at the same time getting the tight budformation you want the chance of rot increases.
    All is pretty good here. Last night someone (s) stole one of my very old cacti and one cool plant ( forget the name of now) from my front yard plants which attract tourists & their cameras. They were selective in their choice...one dog alerted but I didn't listen. I hope they stabbed the wow out of themselves with the intense spines & get one or more joint infections. It's not the first time but I keep planting larger and heavier pots as I have been relieved of them too but usually at Christmas- that was the succulent stage. Anyway....growers of all kinds suffer many forms of infestations- human being the worst
    Long blab there ....warmest regards to you and your plants.

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Tika, great to hear from you! 😊 As I described in further postings, the relentless extreme humidity has been the biggest challenge so far, though the slightly early harvesting of NL and CJ has not turned out so bad. I made an oil extraction already that seems to be providing the cannabis benefits (medicinal and otherwise) that I am looking for. The sun and drier weather is supposed to make a reappearance soon, so I'm hoping all those remaining plants will have suitable conditions to thrive. Just love seeing such variety in strains, and having them at various stages!! 👍 Hope you're well in your world! 🌻🌸

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    Soaking up the gift ☀️ you are providing. The pleasure / requirements of your plants is palpable ...I can squat down with my back along that wall and feel...it. You are the Summertime Darlin!
    What if any outdoor issues now???

• Sonnyhad
    commented on 's reply
    Here's hoping the humidity goes down!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X