• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• berrypilot
    commented on 's reply
    🌱 Great journal! Beauteous plants! Subscribed! 🌱

• rockman
    replied
    First week of July, and the collection is growing stronger. It's quite fun to have all these various strains at various stages of development! 😊 The main issue I'm facing now is keeping powdery mildew under control. Outside, the spores for mildew are all around, so as soon as I see a spot or two on leaves, I use a spray treatment with GreenCure, which is a safe organic potassium bicarbonate product effective as a fungicide. I also have large glass panels that I can use to cover over the growing area to prevent rain or nightly dew from unnecessarily wetting the leaves. 🌿 Buds on the older plants are filling in super well, and yes, the aromas from these are getting more powerful daily under the beneficial sunlight!. 🐽 Jock Horror gives out quite the smell!

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks D.A.A.S.69! 🐸 So far, this outdoor growing is adding alot in my understanding this remarkable species and how it behaves naturally! 🌿

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks BTB and Tika! We all love being under the summer sunshine! 🌞 I had quite a few extra seeds, given that my indoor grows are one plant at a time, so I got a bit carried away with this outdoor fun! 😊 🌱 🌱 🌱 As far as training, I was originally intending to keep them low and wide, except they naturally seemed to favor a much greater node spacing than indoors, so at this point I'm simply topping at about the 3rd or 4th node, removing excess inner leaves (which mostly I eat), and seeing how the plants behave, without too much interference. Have to keep an eye out for powdery mildew, which tends to develop quickly with too much humidity. Thanks for stopping by! 🌸

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Agree with BTB..that would be a fine ride

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    So lovely to be outside...happy for the plants and you also very very eager to hear about your oil extractions.
    Warmest regards 🌞 ☀️

• Beach_Town_Brit
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good Rockman.
    Funny how an outdoor grow just seems to expand and expand
    My friend's "monkey cage" outdoor grow is the same. he's up to 21 plants now.

Are you training them or just letting them go "au naturel"?

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    That's a mighty pretty garden Rockman ,your plants look great.

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    replied
    The collection is expanding a bit, with plants at various stages. The oldest 2, Northern Lights and Critical Jack, are already showing some fine looking bud development. It's interesting for me to see how differently these autos are developing outside under sun and weather conditions...quite a change from indoor with CFLS! Looks like I'll be harvesting from mid-July right through to September. I've got plans for making lots of oil extractions, including some that preserve the acid cannabinoids and terpenes by extracting at a lower temp.

Leave a comment:

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Would be very interested to see the outcome of that!

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Go for BTB! 🌿 🌞 And maybe you choose to do the same strain at the same time inside, then have a taste-off after the harvest of both. 🐸

• Beach_Town_Brit
    commented on 's reply
    All natural weed, homemade organic hot soil + the sun's energy -- it's the dream really.
    I have a very small outdoor area maybe I'll try putting something out there now the sun has come to stay.

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi BTB! Given your excellent experience with an indoor system, you'll master the great outdoors in no time! 🌞 I love the idea of giving these special plants the sunlight as a source for their magical creation of cannabinoids and terpenes! 🌿

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, me too! 🐸

• Beach_Town_Brit
    replied
    Hi Rockman, I look forward to the grow. Autos outdoors is still something I've got a lot to learn about

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X