Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capncanna
    replied
    Thanks jarhead, it kind of works 2 degree drop. Still too hot. My question is, should I buy a small ac unit and. vent outside, or a chiller and leave the room temp. Also can I run 2reservoirs by using T,s off of the chiller. 2 pumps as well.

Leave a comment:

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Should have left the comment those are all century plant pups. Just one actual seedling I moved into that tray. And it's way too hot for sure. Just couldn't throw it in the trash. Moved it into the shade . Thanks for the h2o2 advice , that's what I'll do today.

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    wow capn. let us know what fixes those cupped roots that chiller came out cool hows it work. did you test before and after to see how much temp change, and how long does ice last hell that might be cheaper than a real chiller

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I think those seedlings are cupping like that from too much sun. I'd also lower the nutes to 1/4.

When I change my res, if I think it needs it, I dilute H2O2 in a bucket of water, and wipe out the res with that. Sometimes I stick the air stones in the bucket to get buildup off of them.
    Last edited by alltatup; 05-30-2017, 04:22 AM. Reason: added info.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    This explains the two products pretty well:

• Capncanna
    replied
    Definitely one res is going bad. Here's the emergency chiller thanks Green75 . Also another where's Waldo. Has anyone had issues with sledgehammer? I've read mixed reviews but this happened when I added 2 drops per gallon as a surfactant. I also used 1/2 strength nutes. I'm treating these as seedlings ? Correct?
    When I do a res change what to clean with? H2o2?

Leave a comment:

• Capncanna
    replied
    Thanks so much. My others started the same look ! Building a chiller now. Should I do a res change?
    What's the difference in great white and orca?

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Capncanna I'm using Great White Mycorrhizae (first bought 4 oz on Amazon, then got 8 oz at a better price on eBay). It's expensive, but a little goes a long way, and since it's in powder form, it doesn't expire like Hydroguard does in 6 months. Read about it here:
    Hydroponic growers have seen great success by incorporating mycorrhizae into their systems: specifically uptake of nutrients & water through the root system. Order our Mycorrhizal Fungi Products now.

I also started using some Advanced Nutrients products on this grow: Voodoo Juice and Piranha, Sensizym and Microbial Munch.
    http://www.advancednutrients.com/products/voodoo-juice/ You can look up the other products on their website.

It may be overkill, PLUS I added the chiller to my big grow box in April, but I didn't have roots on the first two grows like they are now: they are white or off-white and abundant!!

The test will come with the new small grow box I just got and grow # four, which is growing away. I added the first batch of nutes a couple of days ago to the seedlings, with all of the above mentioned additives. Now there's no cooler for that box. Room temp around 75 degrees. I will have to see how it goes in the smaller box; I guess I need to start a grow journal for the little ones, to keep you updated.

• Capncanna
    replied
    Thanks green75 I've got all those things.! Building will begin ASAP
    alltatup could you tell me more about what your using. I've been on hydroguard from the first and this is after a res change and a little sledhammer. Want to get this under control before it gets bad.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, but H2O2 only works for around 24 hours, no? I have not had the best luck with Hydroguard, so I switched to Great White, in conjunction with stuff like Voodoo and Pirhana, and it seems to be working better in my environment.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    THAT is an excellent idea.

• Green75
    replied
    Get a cooler...fill with ice...drill hole in it...put air pump in cooler...feed tube through hole then to air stone in reservoir... crude but works

Leave a comment:

• Green75
    commented on 's reply
    Hydrogen peroxide fix that problem Hydroguard is recommended on this site a lot but it doesn't always work

• Green75
    commented on 's reply
    First pic..does not look like light burn to me..
    What going on under that lid

• Capncanna
    replied
    Moved the auto this morning and got a good look at the roots. They are brownish not slimy but gritty ! The water is crystal clear and no smell. But defiantly going chiller shopping. Anybody know of any good cheap ones?
    So all 4'autos outside now and only blueberry and white widow in hydro.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X