No announcement yet.

Photoperiod X 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoOrbudgal looking over historical climate data for last year, I see some crazy swings in our areas. Are you more concerned with the low night temperatures than the daytime highs? I don't see a way to avoid the 30F temperature swing every day. They just have to get used to it, I guess. Still don't know what I would do on days over 95°F. You had one of those 4-28-23, crazy early. Then by May 7 it was 63°F with lows in the upper 30's. That's a wild ride.

Comment

12HourPower Mostly when i put auto flowers out, they hate it. Plus i kinda over did it with all the plants and not gonna do that again. Way to much work come trimming time. It's OK with the tempurature swing the autos and photos don't mind it. You know once those long warm days begin they do fine. Photos do great. Yes they get use to it. Well i drag my big 15gal pots with the photos in them under a shade canopy, i'll do it with autos also. I had a ez up canopy but it got destroyed in less than a year from sun, rain poorly made fabric they sent me a new top cause it was less than a year old LOL.

But i had a patio awning built last spring onto my house 14x14 with polycarbonate roof that's shaded gray, i needed something to sit under without getting wet for me an company. So i drug those under it last fall. And in 95-103f temps. Watered 2x daily, well you know. Yep no more going outdoors until June for me i may put those autos out if the long range forcast is good. We need 14+ hrs. of daylight for those photos, you can check that with your area growing for veggies. Sunrise/ sunset times for your area
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• 12HourPower
        12HourPower commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm germinating some dwarf heirloom tomato seeds I ordered (Fred's tie dye and eagle smiley) to go in 25 gal bags on furniture dollies. I want to roll those honeys under the patio shade on the hot days. We're calling it "nightshades on wheels" but maybe we can allow some cannabis on wheels too.

The dollies are $7.96 at harbor freight for 12"×18", that's probably just right for 15 gal. I'm on level concrete (another thing I worry about with heat) so it's easy to roll around. They might not be helpful to you if you have to move across uneven ground.
        Last edited by 12HourPower; 03-09-2024, 02:19 PM.

Yes i went into harbor freight the other day and saw them there, my pots sit on my back lawn right in the sun's face all day long. I have a big wheel wagon but i'd have to lift them SOBs into it to move them 50ft. My lawn is not really grass it's more like a pasture not much grass more weeds and wild stuff. I don't water it during summer cause it's mostly weeds for now. I bought this place 2yrs ago and i'm doing landscaping around my home but little by little. I'm a 66yr old granny by myself so i take it slow and don't get hurt. I wish those dollies had bigger wheels they won't work well on the lawn LOL. Thank you for the tip though, that's a really good deal. Man i can't wait to put tomatos into my raised beds, I just grow one big girl an 1 sweet cherry type. Plus potatoes, onions, herbs, pole beans and this summer i'm trying to grow sweet corn LOL
      sorry for blabbering i can talk garden all day. 12HourPower

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZ that's my feeling during this stage of growing LOL snooze. Well I'm on day 58 from sprout and 6 days into 12/12. I think their beginning a stretch yeah only thing i'm doing with them are taking clones. I have 2 slurricane rooted and 3 more in water. Trying that method for shits an giggles the other rooted ones are in seedling soil. I cut 4 blueberry muffin clones this morning there in seedling soil under a dome. Still don't see sex but looks like swollen caylax ready to sprout a hair or some balls LOL anyway took 4 clones. Smelling alittle like weed so that's good. That's it i'll post again next Sunday unless i see something happen. That's a wrap.......peace out

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          I see that mutant is still looking rough......but it's coming along. The rest look lovely!

Looking good!

Comment

Looks like your sick one is going slow but its going. It still has that outline on the leaves.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            It does in the older leaf but when i lift up to view under them the newer leaf looks normal it's beginning to stretch.

Yes they are stretching currently 24" from light set at 75%. Fortunetly i can drop the plants down about 4" off the risers if needed. No budlets yet but they are lighter green showing at budsites so could come on shortly. We are headed for warmer days outdoors close to 70f for several days. They have been on 12/12 for 9 days now. Got the fan standing 2ft from the tent door on lowest speed giving a gental wave on the canopy an above. They've been fed bloom nutes this a.m. 1/2 gal. each maybe 10% runoff in the bottom trays catching it. I can't find my damn turkey baster to suck it out so it's helping keep humidity up for now. That's it just word no pics.

Got 4 viable clones of slurricane now i'm still waiting for the BB muffin to show roots i have 4 of those under the dome the rest are taking in the ambient air from inside under a little T5 just soaking it up no dome anymore. I will post some pics maybe Sunday but probably Monday next week. I'm going to a Cat Show with my youngest daughter Saturday coming home Sunday won't feel like posting most likely. LOL Oh hey Gingerbeard want to go to a cat show with us ? LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            That's funny! Forgot about that.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Can I take my pet raptor?

Well we have pre flower on the 2 Slurricane after 12days of 12/12 slow but sure it's the way i roll LOL. The Blue Berry Muffin is a fem and she's a week or so behind as is the crappy runt White Lady a cross of WW x Purple Kush it's the smallest photoperiod i've grown got stressed by something very early when transplanted but really not sure of that or shitty genetics?
          Also there's a pic of the 4 slurricane clones that i'll need to transplant into larger containers in a couple days. The BBM is really hard for me to clone, i've lost 3 and cut 6 more. Cross my fingers this time they'll root i'd really like to get a couple for summer outdoors so i got over 2 months to get them strong.

We are having such excellent weather here, cold mornings then it jumps 30 degrees an we're looking at 70's for 5 days. I got 2 of my 3x6x30" deep raised beds ready for planting, the other one is my compost dump for now until i build the soil up abit. Have a good weekend, I made a promise to myself NOT to adopt another pet and just look at the Cat Shows fancy pants cats. OKie DoKie peace out an happy growing.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            I know how you feel.... That MAC 1 needed another 2 weeks before she went into bloom but didn't have that luxury. She's so small and runty but starting to throw up a few V shaped petals. Same with the blue dream

Good Monday morning GWE sorry to hear the East Coast is still in winter mode? We're having some wonderfully warm dry weather i have many projects planned but will they happen ??
          I have good intentions LOL it's decision making i get stuck in what to do first or spending money on projects that i need help with or using that money for a trip??? I don't have the luxury of doing both so i'm in crunch decision mode.

Anyhow here's what's going on with the 4 photoperiods we have now all in preflower. First pic is the sickly looking runt cross who's now showing some runty progress LOL i think it will bud into a auto size instend of what a photoperiod would do. The second is preflower on a Slurricane 3rd an 4th pics just showing all 4 and how it looks from the outside in
          Pretty much done with training all 4 just feeding an removing a leaf when needed otherwise it's a waiting game an up keep. FYI if you blow up #2 there are no bugs it's specks from me dripping water or nutes an picking up perilite/soil removing clippings from soil pot. Not as steady with my hands I have RA in my hands, dropsy . But you must try and keep moving as we age else we " lockup " at least for me i just take my time. Hard to do when you had a type A personality and never slowed down work wise.

Have a happy healthy week, I really had fun with my daughter and the Cat Show fantastic Maine Coons huge long body cats. Plus many other exotics sweet Persians just beautiful. Oh yea Sushi for St.Patty's Day LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            We had a few warm days. I'm glad the cold is back..... Any warmer than this and I gotta plug in the AC to keep the lung room at 70-72 without wiping out all my CO2. ..... With the way winter went this year, I'm expecting a HOT dry summer. With my studio in the attic, I'm not looking Forward to it. Electrical bills are gonna double even if I'm going to cut my growing operation in half for the next few months, then ramp it back up for the fall and winter.
            You know what I noticed keeps all the health problems at bay?.... Keeping busy. I noticed as long as I'm distracted, I'm not sitting around focusing on how lousy I feel. I was gonna take a break this summer but then.... What am I gonna do? Sit around and get fat?

I noticed even though that runt is looking funky, the leaves do have 7 leaflets though. She is trying her damnest for sure. The leaves look funky for she's well, more or less. Probably just a wonky DNA

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it gets worse as i get older those aches just stay. I worked hard and played hard sports, never did take much of a rest although i could of i just had too much energy to get work done. Now i can sit for hours especially in the morning after i'm awake. I don't get out till near noon during the winter. Man No3odiesShad0w growing in a attic in summer here would be a challange unless it was air conditioned i really only use my forced air when it's near 90f outside. I love open windows and hearing the night noise. Except for drag racers and cat fights LOL.

Yes it's gonna be hot here this summer, hopefully not many fires. Keeping busy is the key for me too yes it takes me awhile to warm up my muscles an get moving. But i sleep better when i get moving and do projects.

Hello GWE grow buddies it's been about 10 days since my last post. I'm not a daily blogger anymore and i've been busy with other fun life activities. So heres what my tent has been doing since last i posted. I'm about 2wks into bloom on my 2 slurricane and 1 blueberry muffin and the smaller crap genetic cross on the lower left finally showed flower. When i get back from my trip i'll post a update on the clones i've taken i've got about 9 rooted now in soil under my seedling lamps. Several of each slurricane an blue berry muffin.

I'm headed to Mexico with my daughter and some friends this saturday staying in and around my daughter's home she's purchased there with her partner. I've got my niece who's watching my cat and house, she'll check my tent if it will need watering i'll be away just about 6 days it's a short trip kinda businesses and pleasure i'm just going along for the ride LOL.
          I'll be honest and say this grow isn't my most neglected one but i've barely cared and i've just given them the basics of what they need to grow. Yes i need the weed i'm out of my summer harvest from last year all i have is " Freak show " strain jarred and it's not my thing.

The tent is going to be left cracked open and lower vents left open along with exaust ports on 2 sides and above. We'll have to see how they react they could hermi or ??? should'nt be at all a big issue but it's not a good setup to leave a tent like that while it's flowering i know but it's all i can do while i'm gone. It's just me no one else and i just take my chances. I've got neighbors that know i'm leaving but don't know about my tent. Like i said my niece will water them if needed they'll be left about 5 days until next watering. So maybe i'll smoke some " popping buds, seedy weedy " from lite leaks it will just look like a tunnel in the daytime it is what it is that's it i'll seeya when i return

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            Have fun on your trip!!

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            Enjoy your trip! Should be nice weather this time of the year down there. Not to hot not too cold. I'm sure it'll be awesome!

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you water? Top watering I'm guessing?

High i'm back from Pureto Moreles Mexico very very hot an humid for this old Oregonian. I did not expect it to be sooo hot an humid at this time. I'm glad now i know when NOT to go LOL. Had excellent food but did not enjoy the heat during the day but had to tolorate it beings i was following my daughter and her partners family on outings. So i drank so much fruity blended water to get rid of the over salty food so i did'nt swell up. I walked miles looking at old colonia cities my body got stiff. It was some of the most beautiful waters i'd seen since visiting the Florida Keys and Hawaii a long time ago. It had been 40+ yrs since i'd visited MX man alot has changed for the better.

I'll take some pics for posting tomorrow, my tent look good plants are fine abit low on food low on N by the color but they are looking good bud wise for their age of flowering all post all that tomorrow and pics of my clones which i've got 9 really good ones getting too big for my little seedling station and no where for them to go. So i've got to give some away which was the plan all along anyway. Just gonna keep maybe 4 for myself. No3odiesShad0w yes i top water very slowly with a 1/2 gallon skinny neck water can. There drinking almost a gallon every 4 days except for the poopie mutant photo that thing is not a " funky cool madena " LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip. It's nice to get away once in a while. The last trip I got to take was in the 90's, 3 trips to Portugal for work. I built a total of close to 100 acres of shade houses with some really good local help. I almost moved there, but it wasn't practical with family and kids in school. Enjoy life while you can.......................GK

Comment

Welcome back SBG and glad you enjoyed your trip away with the family. Also glad your other family back home didn't miss you too much and those buds are doing well.

Mexico is one place I have not been so looking forward to some pics so I can do the trip vicariously with you.
              Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
              Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
              Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
              Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

For Ckbrew first pic is Puerto Moroles beach area i hope you get warmer weather soon. Very warm water, very humid and hot did'nt spend too much time just looked and took walk in the water then hide in the shade of a bar LOL. Ate their great foods like Chiliaqiles in the pic. and walked till i nearly passed out at the Chichen Itza ruins Maya. Only 5 days spent there not long enough but it was business for my daughter and quick look see for me. I'll go back at a different time earlier in spring cause it got way to hot by April.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks SoOrbudgal I'm ready for warmer. It was 50 here last week and is forecast to be just as warm next week. I always wanted to check out the Myan pyramids, looks awesome.

Pics of the clones i cut. 7 blueberry muffin 2 slurricane is all i could get to root. Keeping those and 2 blueberry muffin the rest i'm tradeing an giving away. They are between 15-25 days old. In 2x2 & 4x4 inch pots. Yes they've been fed 1x with 1/4 amount of growth food.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your work SBG

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X