Photoperiod X 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoperiod X 3

So it begins. I wasn't gonna start a grow this early in winter cause i was supposed to be going on a trip but i can't nail my daughter down to a time so i said heck with it and dropped 3 seeds into water an next day placed them into wet papertowel an baggy. 2 days later we got all 3 sprouted and i placed them in their little soil cups this morning.
    Got some glass cups over them for humidity domes and sitting under a small single t-5 light.

Seeds are 2 slurricane and 1 white lady which is a cross of purple punch an white widow. I've got a stronger CFL light i'll use when they get about 2wks old and keep them closer within about 3". For now this works. Closer they are to the light shorter they grow in the main stalk. I'll let you know tent temps when they get transplanted and under the Viparspectra P2500 in the tent 3x3x6. Cheers
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

I'm leaving soon to the land of the Mayans for the rest of the winter, soooo I'll be doing a grow late this spring with some GSC fast flowering beans. Take care old western friend and I'll follow your grow with a local Mexican J grown by my friends lolll
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep that's what i was gonna do. Pureto Morales sorry for misspelling. She an her partner bought a small casita there they rent it out now cause they are here in Oregon but were or are going back ???? So here it is for how long it grows i don't know but winter boredom an watching other grows got me . Dang fella you have a fantastic safe time there, we'll keep in touch.

Do you always start them with the paper towel method?

Even if you get feminized seed? From a trusted seed bank?
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes i start them always in a paper towel, i soak them first then into the towel. I set them in a warm area sometimes on a heat source cause they don't like cold. It has NOTHING to do with being feminized and i trust every seed bank i've purchased from. I think you ought to be feeling abit more confident by now.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I do regardless but I've added another 1st step, 8 to 12hrs in a 1:200 mix of H²O² & H²O.

Paper towel has always given me the highest germination rate and I added the H²O² step at the start as a biohazard safety step because I'm using imported seeds and wanted to kill any nasties prior to them going into coco.
      Last edited by Bluey; 01-12-2024, 01:24 PM.

I used the paper towel method. With bag seed. The seed I bought from the local store I just planted.

Maybe I just got lucky..
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake

Comment

Either we all grow all of the time or a lot of us are on the same timeline. I've seen a few grow timelines match up to a decent amount of people on here. I just popped seeds and planted them in dirt this week as well.

I'm sure you will do light years better than this beginner is doing but I hope to catch up to your skills soon. Good grow luck on this one !

Comment

I couldn't agree more. I joined this site to learn. If I know something. Great! But usually I'm asking for help.
        SF 35X47X70 tent
        SF1000 X4
        FFOF Soil
        FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
        GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
        Gelato Cake

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
          So it begins. I wasn't gonna start a grow this early in winter cause i was supposed to be going on a trip but i can't nail my daughter down to a time so i said heck with it and dropped 3 seeds into water an next day placed them into wet papertowel an baggy. 2 days later we got all 3 sprouted and i placed them in their little soil cups this morning.
          Got some glass cups over them for humidity domes and sitting under a small single t-5 light.

Seeds are 2 slurricane and 1 white lady which is a cross of purple punch an white widow. I've got a stronger CFL light i'll use when they get about 2wks old and keep them closer within about 3". For now this works. Closer they are to the light shorter they grow in the main stalk. I'll let you know tent temps when they get transplanted and under the Viparspectra P2500 in the tent 3x3x6. Cheers
          I have no doubt your grow will be amazing. Looking forward to following along and learning stuff.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the good thoughts for this grow. It's been over a year since i did photos inside things were abit dusty.

I start my seeds in Rapid Rooter plugs. Also use t-5s for seedlings. I keep the lights about 2 or 3 inches above them. Some seeds grow straight up a lot further than others. I've started putting a stake beside them to support them till they going a little. I've had some go straight up more than 6 inches before they made real leaves. Good luck with your grow !!
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello Eliot Pryor good seeing you. Yes i still use my toothpicks LOL I plant one along each sprout, just a old habit i'll use them if needed for support. I worry when they get too long in the stalk don't want any face plants literally!!

All 3 showed up above the soil today. Yes it looks abit wet but i've not watered since 2days ago when i planted the sprouted seeds it's condinsation from the glass cups i'm using for this reason. I generally only have the domes on them for 5days then i'll place another 2x4 block under them get them closer to the t-5. No stuck on helmet shells so that's good. In another 7days i'll post update they'll be under a curly CFL that has a reflector it's a stronger light and warmer temp.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            Baby pix!

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Cute at that age! Good luck!

Hi GWE grow buds 8 days since last pic of the 3 little photoperiods. Yep still small LOL there's growth but nothing great. The 2 biggest are the slurricane and the sickly littlest is white lady. She's not growing as fast and it could be the ambiant room temps plus abit of overwatering duh. I could'nt find my seedling soil when i planted the sprouted seeds so i used my fresh indoor soil which may of been a tad " rich" in worm casting and stunted the lady. I'll keep her i hardly ever toss them most times they grow out of the funk and do fine.

Been a full house last 7 days here. Had my daughter and her partner and dog staying with me from up north where the ice storms and zero power out. Got rather cold so they drove down to my place and we got to know eachother again LOL. 3 dogs 2 cats in a small cottage house. They left this morning power was restored today. Worried for the pipes and tree limbs that fell but she got home safe and there was no damage. Anyhow showed her my generator told her to take it as i'm in town now and got folks around that could help me if i need it. She's out in the country. That's it for that. I should transplant these in a week into larger 4x4 pots at the end of the month an put them under the big light i'll take another pic then.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I set up a larger seedling light this a.m. moved them under that. It's a CFL curly bulb with a reflector hood about 30more watts. Just so folks know i don't push them too hard at this young stage. They are setting down roots.

Lookin forward to watching this grow!
          Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
          Equipment
          AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
          2x4x6 Tent
          6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
          4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
          6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
          Light: Spider Farmer
          SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
          AC Infinity Fabric Pots
          3 – 5gal
          2 – 3gal

Medium:
          Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
          Perlite
          Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
          Fox Farm
          Grow Big 6-4-4
          Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
          Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
          BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
          Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

This is how i grow my seedlings after 5 days under humidity domes i remove them. These are 12 days old and under a larger CFL bulb 54watt approx. 4" give or take depending on the seedling height. This is how i've always done seeds be it vegtables or MJ. They will go into 5 gal. fabric plant pots at the end of this month and begin a feeding of growth food. I've got my timer hooked up now just testing everything prior to placing them in there. I've not changed light times now they are still on 24hrs.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Well i went ahead and did a transplant to larger containers to veg these 3 16 dayold seedlings. And i germinated a Blueberry muffin seed gifted to me. The sex is unknown so that will be determined in a couple months as these veg out. These seedlings will sit and settle into the new soil for a day or so under that CFL then moved into the tent and under the P2500 vipar dialed down brightness to about 50% approximately 30" above plant canopy and moved closer as i see new growth an good health. Also these will get Dyna Grow nutes this round I'll just use the grow as they need it, bloom nutes after i flip to flower. I veg for minimum 6wks so i can take clones.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Looking good for 16 days, one is lagging a bit. Did a run on Blueberry Muffin once and it was a heavy high. Smelled like bread baking if i remember.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes it's the white widow cross abit " constipated " LOL and one slurricane is faster than the other in height. I put those 3 in the tent this morning was gonna wait longer but just did it. Turned down the brightness to 25% just for a day or so. And got the timer at 18/6 now. Lights are out so won't take a pick. My temp in the tent is OK could be warmer it's at 70f and 50% humidity. Photos for me tolorate the lower temps during winter grows i've found. I'm a pretty simple grower dirtymike. It's just ambiant room temps no extra heating, no humidifier just a fan to simulate a breeze.

I like anything with White Widow or OG Kush. Seems any combination i grow with WW or OG Kush does well without fuss. If i try to grow them by themself i usually fail or yield suffers. I like your set up with the T5 short tube fixture SoOrbudgal Is it just a regular fixture with special T5 bulbs in it or is it a brand name.?? Ive been using a SF1000 at 20 % set at 12 inches away for seedlings.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's just a old ferris morris light stand sold at Lowes has a small tube. It works fine for my needs. I've not replaced the bulb for over 4yrs but seedlings don't need much for the first couple of wks. If it works for your needs and doesn't harm the tender seedlings use it. I got my 3wk old photos under the big lamp now at 30" and 25% brightness. I'll bump up the intensity later today

• dirtymike
                  dirtymike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool, So all i need is a ballasted florescent fixture. The bulbs are T5 tubes for plant spectrum. SoOrbudgal I need the heat from the Ballast.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X