No announcement yet.

Photoperiod X 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the mutant sluggo WW x Purple Kush she's the same age as the 2 larger slurricane photos. Both seeds i got were very tiny and i questioned them when i first looked at them. She is growing and filling out slowly so i took her top off at the 4th node hard to tell the node spacing cause it so friggin tight. This is a me throwing a " hail mary " to this plant.

If your following along my KISS half ass grow style i don't use much synthetic fix all products. The surface may look dry but it's not underneith. I only use ambient room temps and a fan outside the tent to wave the air around inside the tent. Temps are between 75-78f humidity is 45% when tent is zipped. Bottom flaps, exhaust holes and door flap stays open during lights on. She's stout i hope she'll stretch during flowering but i'm not letting her slow down the other 3 in the tent with her. Looking at flipping these plants in 20days and taking clones off Slurricane and Blueberry Muffin if it's a fem which i highly believe she is . These will be my foundation for outdoor summer grow.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Good Sunday morning from Oregon. We've been having warm sunny spring type days in the 60s but that's gonna end and get cold so there sayin. Sure is nice though to get breaks from rain, fog and gloomy days. So i'm about 45days into this grow with these gals. All i've been doing is training and watering while watching them adapt to the training.

The 2nd picture is the WW x purple kush cross that is coming out of it's funk. I'm noticing better green pigment from inside new growth and she's doubled in 2wks. It's so interesting what a plant does when it wants to survive given the chance. I sure as hell don't recommend folks keeping this pathtic type of challanging plant if they have plans for a decent harvest. But myself i've got 3 other healthy looking gals that surround this one with good vibes. So without overloading it with several " cure all " voodoo juices i simply gave it a break and just let it heal with some old fashioned treatment which was minimal. Epsom salts waterings followed by full runoff plain waterings. I think my soil was way to hot for a young rooted plant that DID NOT have enough root development up on transplant. I screwed up LOL do not repeat !

I'm going another 2wks in veg with these so around the 12th of March i'll flip to flower. FYI that's a near 2month slow veg. for them.
      3rd &4th pic is Slurricane 5th is Blueberry Muffin who still needs addl training and will be cloned along with the slurricaine i'll post when i do that.

Have a peaceful day, don't lick the yellow snow unless it's lemon curd

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Just need enough to get to outdoor harvest. I'm down to my last 4 jars half full of the summer strains. I even bought some $2 grams local to help suppliment. I gave too much away again. I'm using about 6grams aday grinding and rolling. I have loads of kief saved that i'd gladly give away.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        The mutant is like a pop quiz at school. You didn't study for it but you hope you know enough to get a passing grade. Sure it's not going to be an "on the fridge" quiz but it will help sharpen up the basics

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly correct @No3odiesShadOw i did'nt go to " i can't cause it's to hard quit school " if it produces that's fine it's just a plant taken a corner up. I'll keep giving her food an drink

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240225_035712192_HDR  sun.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	615490 Today was a fertilizing day. This is the 4 feeding of Dyna Grow they have had. I'm giving 1/2 gal to the Slurricanes ( big busy ones ) and the Blueberry Muffin. The WW x Purple Kush with the funky leaf she's getting plain water with epsom salts 1 teaspoon per 1/2gal.
      I am done with training the 3 largest plants do to the root issue with the WW i've not done anything other than top it. I'm keeping it going because i'm curious about the root mass i want to really look at it after this run is done. A couple days before i flip to flower i'm gonna give it a teaspoon of dyna grow in 1/2gal of water.

Thanks for dropping in any questions welcome

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• ezmaarc
        ezmaarc commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal, you use epsom every watering and also feed schedule? Curious about using it. I’m using GH cal mag, but I heard epsom helps boost terpine production apparently there is no harm in adding in with it ( I use cal mag on water days and feed days and I’m using tap wayer, not RO. I’ve been curious to drop in a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon. Maybe not necessary, but I’m curious.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        ezmaarc I only use it when i've got root issue like that sick plant but it's still happening with the it. I've not ever used cal mag from GH. It's old fashioned mag solution i use when anything in my yard or tent looks off. It's not clearing it up though and i really don't spend money on different fixit solutions. It's a really safe solution but i'm done trying to repair that plant i'm just gonna start feeding it bloom food in a couple weeks and stick to reg old tap water with it.

Slurricane is still in the lead by a mile. I Love it when they take off and have to be pulled down. The sick one has shiny stubby leaves and wide spacing between its foliol envelopes, mutant or genetics. Probably wants a different environment ?? Have you seen one like it go to harvest?? SoOrbudgal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        No i've never had one with this issue dirtymike like i said it was like this almost from the first set of leaf formed. It sure doesn't look like it's gonna be a big plant so i'm gonna let it keep on keeping on. LOL it's a real head scratcher for me? I got another seed of it thank goodness i did'nt grow it but i'll stick it out back in the yard this summer.

Someone asked me why i did'nt fill my pots up more with soil. Well they were full when i put the seedlings in there and all the fluffy mix i made settled. Now i'm thinking it compacted the roots of this strain and stressed it. So i'm mixing more soil components and adding more perilite and no worm castings and i will fill up what i can around the bases. It looks worse than it is the lost depth of the soil pictures can play tricks but i'll try and correct it.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Hello from cold, windy rainy Oregon. My plants are 50days old from sprout. I decided to take some small clones from Slurricane and Blue Berry Muffin this a.m. Reason doing so was these plants are young and vigorus although the clones are small they tend to take root more easily than older more stiff cuts. This is my opinion but i will also take clones during the first week of stretch during flower. I just don't like to revert back to veg if the cuts are showing flower, takes many weeks more doing so but it sure can be done at any age.

What i did others may do it differently but this has worked for me : Clean sharp scissor cut branch near the node at a angle ( seems to give more root area ) set in shot glass of water till ready to dip cause i cut several at a time and you want to seal the air going up they try an heal themselves quickly. Gently scrape the stalk breaking outer tissue dip into clone gel place into fluffy seedling medium that's been moistened. I clip the tips of some leaf on them to send a signal to survive LOL create roots ! I spray the inside of the dome lid and the plants with water to create that humidity you want that. Keep them warm 70-80f hopefully they root in 10-15days.

Hopefully some folks are seeing some spring outdoor budding happening sure helps me with the winter blahhs. Cherry, apple are flowering, lots of wildflowers other bushes and trees are seeing the light of the sun although shaded by the rain but it's there Stay healthy all and enjoy the grow.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the cake tray setup! Smart!!!

I sure do admire your ingenuity SoOrbudgal That is a stand up one off clone/germination machine you got there. I'm digging it !!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man thanks LOL it's from a little cake i'd gotten from the store and saved it with using it for seeds and clones LOL it works great. Man i go around looking at junk stores and think of how i could use this for gardening

Spring is springing my lady. Grow looks awesome. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240301_133006831_HDR.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	615760
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I just went out and picked some of my daffys cause this hard rain is pushing the blooms to the ground, so now there in my house

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish I had that, still frozen over solid here.

For shits sake it snowed here overnight. Not much on the valley floor but dang rather surprised we got a 1 or 2 inches so i'm sure 1000ft higher got it good. So Ckbrew don't despair we are still in winter.

And.......I fed the 4 gals today there last grow nute mix and will advance to bloom food in about 5days then 5days after that will flip to flower. So it's looking about the 12th that would be a 60day veg on them. May take another set of clones prior, still unsure of sex on blue berry muffin but i'm playing it like a female. She isnt as bushy as the slurricane and that scares me alittle but i'm still hoping. Have a good Saturday, Imma gonna try and make it to the farmers market today

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Morning GWE i pulled out each of the girls today to get a closer look re adjust the tie downs and cut some more clones from big slurricane bottom right. I'm going to flip earlier than the 12th these slurricanes are gonna get bigger and it's gonna get crowded for the blue berry muffin ( i hope it's a fem ) and the funky sluggo WW x PK. These were given last grow food yesterday and 1/2 gal to all full dose of Dyna Grow. I'm gonna wait 4 days then water only flip to 12/12.

Sonny & Poppy and kitty Meme (she's doing her morning yoga) say Hi

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            There should be some big buds on slurricane. They have been in veg for almost 2 months now?? Seems your friends are at slumber in your spot.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I woke up saying to myself, " gal you gotta set these to flower now " So i unplugged the timer and changed the settings to 12/12. My on time is midnight to noon. I only have 2 bedrooms so this guest room won't be seeing any guests for a sleep over LOL. The times work for me though allows me to work in the room without needing to turn on a light and i can seal up the tent on lights out. That's the story for the next 9+wks. Now all i gotta do is keep control of the height dirtymike.

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a lovely fluffy "bud" you got there 🤣

Okay EVERYONE on GWE if you haven't flipped to flower..... NOW is the time to do it!
          Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
          MAC1 (Blimburn)
          Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
          Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
          T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
          🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sure you'll be fine. I've seen your past grows... YOU GOT THIS! 💪

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            My autos have automatically flipped and are about 5 days into their stretch. My photos are not ready fir that yet..long way to go.

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish I could give the MAC a few more days of growth before flipping but then it would get overgrown by the blue dream. The new leaves look much healthier but she's def the runt of the bunch.

Update on my grow day 55 from sprout and day 5 of 12/12. I'm just waiting for a show of sex for the Blueberry Muffin ( back left ) while the hog Slurricane over takes the space. It's tight i may poke some bamboo later into the pots to tie up the branches. She is really needing her own 3x3 tent LOL. Still early in 12/12 plants canopy about 20" from the light dialed back to 75%. This is a most basic grow. It most likely takes longer because i don't do all the gadgets that you techie folks do inside the tent. I got old school farmer skills. Good soil, good light and a fan that blows room air from outside the tent. My home is 70f the inside of tent is 78f RH is 45% after i open the tent door when light goes on. I do have 2 bottom flaps open always. I've never had a hermie indoors. I open the door flap when lights are on. So it's pretty boring at this stage, No bloom nutes given yet i'm waiting for the pots to dry from last growth feeding. Thanks for stopping by, comments or questions welcome.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            So green, so happy 🥰

SoOrbudgal I've been meaning to drop a compliment for a few days, but I had to catch up on the whole grow from the beginning. I will be following your journey from indoor to outdoor with excitement. I'm taking notes. I think you said you wait until June? I see your bags are white. I was considering doing some autos outside. I doubt I have the space for full term photos, gotta keep them below a 6 foot privacy fence outside. Not that my neighbors would care, but rules are rules and there are kids that play nearby.

Hope you got some blue sky down there lately! Still damn cold though.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you 12HourPower. We have to love growing anything to do this hobby of growing of MJ, that's my thinking. Yes i don't put my photoperiods out until we get warmer evening and longer daylight hours in my area of Oregon. 4yrs ago i set out my photoperiods beautiful 4ft plants at that time prior to June the weather was excellent but the hours of daylight were not. I lived in a very well secured area, very private i pushed my limit of plants and had 8 at that time. Well they went into flower and as the daylight grew longer they went and reverted back into re-veg and brother what a mess i had on my hands. I never ever want that to happen again. I had to totally strip all the dead flowers and let them do their thing yes they grew taller and went back into flower but really decreased the amount i would of had and bud took longer to ripen, it took months of work.

So now i'm only doing 4 photos, smaller indica heavy strains sure they are hybreds got some sativa in them but they stay under 7ft most are 5 1/2 ft tall. Yes i did LST a couple times works well outdoor. Yes i do place autos out as soon as overnight temps stay above 55f my autos last year got way tooo cold really slowed them down should of been able to do 2 runs of them but i did'nt got overloaded with the growing of both and did'nt do more. This season i will run 4 photos and 4 autoflower and try and do 2 runs of autos. Good luck with your grows.

My back yard 3 days ago. It's all melted now but 30f in morning friggin waiting for warmth. I can't work outside anymore in 30f. It's too cold to bend over and scoop the dog poop of the lawn for me LOL. Gawwwwd i got oatmeal poops now ugh!

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang! That looks like it sucks. Fingers crossed we have missed the last chance for an early March snow in OK, it's not unusual, sometimes it's heavy. I'm looking forward to warmer days though. I have an itch to grow outside this season. I like your idea about a couple of auto runs. How many night time temps above 55 before you decide it's time to grow?

Well that's a good question golfnrl I look at the long 10day forcast and just take my chances. But i won't ever do autos like i did last year. I put the sprout from the towel into it's final pot and set it outside cause the days were in the upper 70's but the nights were down below 55f they hated it. Truely felt as though i was growing photoperiod it took them so long. Sure i could of brought them into my house but again it's small and space is minimal other than my tent and i'm not putting outdoor pots inside for some spiders to hide in.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never had great results starting them early and keeping them indoors for a bit. I've always found starting them at the right time of year produced best results regardless of how I started them or when exactly they went into there outdoor home

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm wanting to do autos so I may wait a bit til the night temps get warmer. I don't do spiders either.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X