No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Sunday morning ya'll it's a cool 40f at my place this morning. Weather says in the 70s for today so these are my last 3 outdoor that need somemore time. These sit under the patio cover i can't fit them in the small greenhouse now because i moved all my pots with succulents in it and i'm storing the used 10-15gal pots still with soil in there. I plan on using some of the old soil for next year but most will go in my raised garden beds in the spring. What a good summer grow so far for me. Thought we'd seen the last of sunshine do to all the rain we just had but looks like this week we'll still be having sun. I'm done moving these into the direct sun so these get maybe 4hrs where there at. My back is feeling the lifting of those terra cotta pots so are my fingers and hands from trimming 4 of the plants saturday an this morning. Taking it easy today go to a farmers market later. I'm not seeing any mold nor bud rot and so i'll maybe harvest the pretty purple one Tuesday but the last 2 green ones need at least 2wks LOL

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      The purple one is beautiful!

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy she sure is Bowhunterwoody. I really really wanted to clone her but i swore off it this season. I don't want to grow anything more till after the new year. This year harvest is a big one, i got so much weed and these last 3 are gonna really put me near 3lbs it looks like total from 7 plants. It's plenty for me to share an trade with and still have enough for all year. I'm glad i don't have to trim anymore for few days an give my hands a break. Watched a very good movie while trimming this morning just did freak show gal today. All my scissors are being soaked in ISO 70% . That purple is a 3 run homer from new420guy seeds. I grew 2 and her sister did not show this purple as much and was short only 3 1/2ft and heavy tight nodes.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      They are great.

Couple of pound at least there to delay the walk of shame....lol

Well I brought the small volunteer plant inside about a week ago to avoid rot but saw a bit of it on there today so chopped the whole thing. Also saw rod on my outdoor plant today so chopped that one as well. The one I brought inside was basically done so I'm happy with that, but the one outside was pretty much still all white pistols. Maybe I'll just turn it into hash or something I don't know. I got to tell you, the smell on both of these is pretty amazing, the volunteer one is just like fresh sliced oranges, beats you over the head with it. I think next year I'm going to stick to auto flowers for my outside grow, this is just too much heartbreak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231002_033023630.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	606359 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231002_033105938.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	606360 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231002_011922009.MP.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	606361

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well shit just when i thought it was gonna be safe it rains late afternoon an through the night. So i'm removing branches that look all cloudy and i can't see well at all anymore when judgeing trichs so i'm pretty much going by length of flowering and how curled red hairs are. Yes i have 2 eye loupes gawd i'm tired of the grow anymore ughhh. I'm just wanting most the hairs to turn red now i don't expect amber but i sure would like some couch lock LOL jars of weed.

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your F1 finished so early Franklin there were no issues. I would call your F1 a ultra fast. Maybe that what one ends up with after the first cross of auto and regular...what about a auto and fast version...

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      I smell the orange from here. Nice haul.

Yikes- feel like I'm flirting with disaster but the girls need more time. Unseasonably warm temps right now. Start the week in the 80s and we'll be in the low 50s by the weekend. Not much rain to speak of, just the normal pests...WPM and swarms of fruit flies. I actually have ladybugs flying to my plants...eating gooey fruit flies i assume. The plant in the middle is the re-veg girl. I dont think i have enough time to get things back in step. She is back to flowering but the main cola and a few upper colas have stretched out and started a bunch of new flowers with fluffy white pistils. Another month maybe? May have to finish in the garage.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

outdoor
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

The final days are 83* in October. Two more days of sun then the rain returns. That will be it for these. Winter is coming. There are so many acorns falling from the trees the ground is littered with them. If you look close you can see them on the ground. The neighbor has a steel roof that gets pelted. Sounds like fireworks. The last sun of the season...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20231003_135116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.05 MB ID:	606445

A close up of mold on the main stem. I coat it with 34% peroxide on a q-tip daily. It is burning the stem bad but idc, only has to last a few more days, yeah- a few more days.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20231003_135136.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	606444
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Bowhunterwoody wish I had better news for the weekend wedding. Saturday's gona be wet Sunday is looking be much better though, few showers in the morning .If it's outside--don't wear your good shoes! Monday, you'll need a hoody.
      But, you are hitting peak peeping perfectly

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes i've had that rot before years back. And man your right about those acorns i still feel them falling on my head. Man what a long year these outdoor grows go on forever in the later months. I have been wittling away at 1 of my 3 left to harvest. Getting to be a drag LOL but i'm real pleased with the amounts i've gotten this season. 7 plants 6 different strains feels good to be able to barter with it or just had it out to friends. Now it's time to put these grows in the books. Thanks for participating Ckbrew i realize it's a long commitment for free light and getting a harvest.

• changeofpace2014
      Editing a comment
      my b.b.by rocket had the start of aggressive white mold attack and had to cut off a few stems - My other plant which is new cross only had a few mild places. I sprayed them with proxide and baking soda / water a few days ago. They are trimmed down but not cut off. I am going to bud wash them in proxide then rinse them before hanging them inside - We all know that shit will spread in the jars if it is not nipped now..

(s.c x c.c.k x b.b.) cross at harvest and a b.b.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the depth and the structure of your grows.
      Looks mighty healthy too

• changeofpace2014
      Editing a comment
      thanks bluey - have learned a lot on growweedeasy and fraklin's OS breeding project helped me realize what type of plants should be grown with short summers and wet falls. Fast versions are good but his Ultra Fast f1 is the ones you want up here, because they finish in early / late summer..

Harvesting. I've got 3 pounds (wet) so far not counting the trim and popcorn. Not a great yield but or was a very weird summer. Stuff I've previewed had been very good.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1696518057136~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.2 KB ID:	606577
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Over the last few years I’ve gotten in pretty deep with this hobby, I’m totally addicted to growing.

I have a small but nice 4x3’x80” tent , with lots of bells and whistles.
      A dedicated dry tent with “lung room”,
      and a separate nursery space ….I’m lucky.

but this is where I officially go off the deep end.
      I just built a greenhouse on my roof 😆

Weathers been great, it’s a bumper year,
      but with forecast of 40-80 mm (1.5-3”) of rain over the next 5 days I had to do something, right?

The bud shot is one of the slower girls. She and her buddy will be last, and they defiantly need time still.

Last edited by Smallgrow; 10-05-2023, 06:36 PM.
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, wont work here it gets way to hot.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding i love it. It has been a good year for many of us i'm so happy for all. I'm just needing more jars now, so far all the goodwill type stores are out so i'm looking for garage sales now LOL. I'm a cheapo.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        The ¼ jars cost a buck each new @SoOrbudgal
        I give my jars away. Nicer than sandwich bags

The pic is 2 days old, 50* this morning, 40* predicted for in the morning, I could get my first frost! I am going to take the chance that I will stay just above the frost point. By the time I want to take this girl down the drying room should be ready for her to hang in. The ladder is so I can take care of the top of the plant, I have been just pulling it over to check it, but she is quit brittle at this point and I dont want to break her over. Just had about 2" of rain, hoping for dry for a couple of weeks now, them maybe chop chop!
      The 8 ball kush I left all the larf on is still being hit by bud worms, and so far they are leaving this Colombian Purple alone. With fewer buds its easier to find the worms and kill them.
      Harvest had been so good this year I may not grow anything next year, maybe a Freakshow or 2 just for fun.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise a light breeze will keep frosts away so being on top of the hill probably helps.
        Also between buildings or structures can help with a bit more breeze to keep the frost at bay.
        A vineyard I am familiar with used to get a helicopter in in the cold frosty mornings and it kept the frost away from the grapes when everything else would be covered.

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Uline stocks over 29,000 shipping boxes, packing materials and mailing supplies. Same day shipping for cardboard shipping boxes, plastic bags, janitorial, retail and shipping supplies.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Whats up with the advertisement?

The next few weeks have highs in the low 50's and nights in the low 40's and rain. So i checked the buds with my scope and all 3 look pretty ripe. Even the re-veg girl. Should i keep them out till the rain starts or just cull them now? whatchall think?
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

outdoor

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd harvest now but if you want them to help you sleep maybe a bit more

Throwing in the towel, defeat achieved.

I fought the rot and the rot won. I even have not watered in an effort to dry them out. It just wasn't going to happen. The rot is one with these. Additionally WPM has set in and is covering the plants by the hour. There are about 20% of the small buds that do not have some sort of infection. If 80% is infected, that means that I can't see the other 20% yet but it is probably there. What is there is small and airy. The tall plants lost about 40% to rot pruning and the short one about 60%. Not worth the effort of cutting, trimming, drying and curing.

Anyway, part of this experiment was to see if there was a difference in yield by not topping, topping, and manifolding. The test was a bit skewed because the manifolded plant is about 5 weeks older than the other two. The best result was topping once.

Name:	20231008_132828.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	5.74 MB
ID:	606757

Name:	20231008_132903.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	606756

Name:	20231008_132934.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	606754

This is why I have decided that outdoor growing where I am is just not practical. If I was going to attempt it in the future, I would light deprive the plants to flip to bloom much earlier than what nature would do. That would require moving the plants twice a day for the duration of bloom.
      Attached Files
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I found the same on mine Ckbrew i'm chopping my last old yellers today. Thanks for trying and i hope you get some decent smoke from them? Autos if you like them are much quicker and put them in 5gal pots so you can move them under cover in bad weather.

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I will pass on processing these mold filled plants. I really expected this outcome. It was just for fun and because I could not bear to cull the last unclaimed runt seedlings from indoor.

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        had same issue with blue berry and a touch on a strawberry cough cross - 3 days from when I picked it, I mixed baking soda and peroxide and sprayed the ...out of them - 3 days later had to harvest because of weather, brought them in and mixed 50:50 Ro water and peroxide - soaked them both upside down then right side up with about a 20 min soak in time - Final rinse was with about 1/4 peroxide to 1 part ro - mildew completely gone with pretty good inspection - I guess the verdict will be in when they are jared because one can always smell the mildew - O I did trim them wet this time but recently been waiting to do them dry, a closer cleaner cut..but this time wanted to make sure all leaves were trimmed off.. - Seem to work out for me and this will go in my how to treat mildew regimen in the future. - Note it did remove the surface terps but the bud them self still had pleasant smell..

Yes it's time to call it over with. Last few days of sun helped tighten up an ripen up best they could. These are my final 2 and the biggest unknown strains from old bag seed. I've seen some stem rot like the other growers have now so i'm just taking the largest cola buds to hang the rest i'm giving away probley close to a pound. Told the person they will have to deal with all the trimming and drying but i'll cut the branches. I can't describe how oily an sticky whatever these are. It would make perfect stuff for " smashing " which i'm pretty sure they wanna do that LOL. I'm burnt out of growing for now. Had a real good season but i feel the change in the seasons and the need to wrap up Croptober.

Until next outdoor season i'm done growing for this year, not sure but i don't think i will need to grow even indoor for awhile. I'll be here at GWE checking in but not growing. Thanks to all who took on this challenge of growing outdoors. I'm looking forward to the cure on all these different strains. See ya all soon, stay safe and well. Yep these are sticky buds

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I took down my last plant (Purple Punch) today and for the first time in many years didn't feel that burnout I usually do at the end of a long season. In fact I started a small batch of soil for an indoor grow over the winter this afternoon. I guess having a staggered harvest over about 5 weeks helped with not being pressured to process everything at once. Still, it feels good to be done with it for a bit. not sure yet what two strains I'll tackle over the winter yet. I have a Sherbet Fast seed that I got as a freebie that I'm curious about but I probably should do a little research on fast seeds before I reach a decision. This has been a great thread to follow over the summer. Thanks for starting it SoOrbudgal and everyone who has been contributing their pics and experiences.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on a very successful season, I'd be exhausted! (lol)

• Franklin
        Franklin commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job SOG, great finish to an excellent year for you. But you know you won't stay burned out for long! I predict you growing indoors within 5 months... Just for the fun of it

LOL I don't think so Franklin This is my first time saying i'm burnt out on growing, harvesting and especially trimming OMG 3 sets of scissors i went through and 1 1/2 bottles of ISO 70%. I'm clipping branches today and putting them into brown paper bags for giveaway. It's been a journey doing it on my own. I learned not to do so much ever again, i got lucky this season.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you considered holding a trim party?

A bit like a Tupperware party but the only difference is the Tupperware goes home full and not empty?

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        That is what is called a pot party

Sorry to hear about all you folks with rot and mould problems, it seems to be a boom or bust kind of year.

Me and the roof girls are still fighting the fight. I found two buds so far on two of four plants with rot but they were small and contained(and got removed quickly).
      Otherwise, they are okay. We had a tonne of rain but the roof did it’s job now weather looks to be clearing but temps and low so hopefully they can still do their thing.
      I expect a halloween harvest if I can make it 🥶
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Fingers crossed for you Smallgrow. I let mine go for 5 days without water and still had 1 pot heavy from moister so becareful. Yes i allowed mine last 2 to yellow up on all the larger 2nd dairy leaves but the suger leaf were deep green almost bluish green with frost. I'm burping jars now. I cut branches did'nt hang whole plants and dried those about 4days then clipped off the buds and put them into a brown paper bag for a day. Now everything is in jars and i got zero hay smell just funk and sweetness cureing. Best of luck and check them big colas frequently for stem rot.

• Smallgrow
        Smallgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the hints SoOrbudgal , they’re right on and I will be doing them.
        Temps are low so I’m afraid they’re not growing much , but with the roof the girls are staying dry. Ya watering amount are challenging. I’ve shut down the auto watering Blumat system. I will watch and hand water to the finish
        Oh man I hope I can get them there somehow.

I surrendered....nature was not my friend this year. Lost half the main cola on Gusher to bud rot and trimmed off almost all of the lower buds on all 3 plants...nothing but bugs,wpm and yuck. White widow and Sour diesel(smells really nice, kinda fruity) had nice main colas.....and clean too! Maybe 3/4 lb of bud when its dry. Trimming was tough on scissors...had to clean them constantly and i had 4 in my arsenal.
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

outdoor

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll leave it up to the ladies to comment on those buds

I cut down the largest part of the Colombian purple, looked around and found these, time to go walk about here on the farm!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X