No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I did manage get them transplanted into their final 15g pots this weekend. Next week onto the roof for more sun, and the blumat watering system.

I thought people might like to see the ingredients list on a good over the counter living soil, so I added that picture too
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Day 70 for these autos hairs are turning red and curling in or just turning red LOL They got there last bloom feed this a.m. and will let the soil dry, i'll lift the pot if they feel really light then it's nothing but the water hose. So maybe i'll be chopping this weekend. All the trichs appear milky cloudy. Some buds are pushing out a few white hairs some look like foxtails so they appear to be getting done. I'm not rushing i've got OG Kush in jars i've been enjoying plus i can pickup $2 grams of indicas which is helping my evening smoke out. I have found very tiny bud worms in just a few buds cause i've seen those white and those orange small moths now around my flowers so i figured it's time to start spraying the photos for when they begin the full on flowering.
      I'm realizing more of a ball an chain outdoor becomes less fun after 40+yrs of doing it. I never even took a clone this year yet all my grower friends my age are slacking off just growing 2-4 plants if at all. I won't stop outdoor just won't take on as much next year. I want to have help landscaping the backyard and i can't with these plants as i don't want to many eyes. So next year i'll get 15+ yards of mulch spread, inground irrigation with less grass more bushes an trees.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well the cute little orange & white moths are really busy in my garden. I'm not spraying anything on the autos cause they are near done. But i'm doing it to the photos that are preflowering. I'm feeling like taking these autos out on Sunday maybe do partial harvest at least. I've found catipillars in 2 autos not nothing much just a few but i don't want to keep handling the branches and colas digging around looking for them. So yes i do think i'm going to take partial plants that are all cloudy with some amber leave the mid to bottom going. These have been water only this a.m. colorful purple fades on the sweet tooth strains smells great and all of them are sticky icky.

My two photos. GG4 on the left is pretty bushy. Been slowly thinning it out, especially inside. The Gelato on the right is about 8 ft with the pot. Also trying to thin that out some too. Actually had two days of sun in a row but another 2 inches of rain yesterday. No WPM yet but I know it's coming. Now if I can just keep the leaf hoppers off. They are relentless this year. Lots of pistils in the budlets. Won't be long now for flower.
      PS, you can see my tomatoes took it on the chin with all this rain.
      Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 07-26-2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Stretch on the strawberry cough is slowing. Training on the tall one is doing what I wanted but I've no idea how that will effect the cola. Other ones have tons of pistils. I'm switching to Gaia Green nutes cause because I'm tired of mixing nute-water and carrying it outside. I started my first grow with Gaia but switched because it lacked fiddle-factor and involvement. With this heat, I need less involvement now. I gave four days of only water prior to the switch. (Don't know why really) bottom leaves started to show some deficiency so I took that as a prompt to prune the bottom three nodes out. Progress on automatic watering is moving, only lacking a manifold for water distribution.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230726_130001706~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.05 MB ID:	600824
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230726_125721388.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	600822
        Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230726_125801774~2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	600823
        Last edited by 90Gizmo; 07-26-2023, 12:26 PM.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          pH stability of your nute mix is extremely important. It must remain stable in the tank if some stability is to be maintained at the roots, which is critical for plant health.
          I use 3 adjustable and easy to clean drippers per pot that actually spray more than drip. I use a small aquarium pump. I wouldn't worry too much about a little cavitation.
          Black pipes keep them out of the sun or cover them to stop them heating up too much. Edit. Same with your tank and make sure it is light proof...100% light proof. Algae will be the result if it is not.
          For best results in flower frequent yet small fertigation doses to minimise or eliminate run off. I only water during day light hours.
          Last edited by Bluey; 07-27-2023, 08:41 PM.

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          Bluey No nutes in the tank just water. But thanks, I guess I do need to keep the tank out of the sun. Ambient is over 90F often enough I don't need the water tank even hotter. I was thinking of several waterings throughout the day but maybe only morning will be appropriate because of water temp. Good news is it looks like we'll have a week off from the heat. Tubes will be harder to keep out of the sun but I've been thinking for similar reasons maybe I should shade the bags from direct sunlight too. But I have been monitoring soil temp too and it hasn't been alarming. When this grow is over I'll bring the watering stuff inside. I'm interested in trying a constantly-moist grow.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Keeping things out of the sun apart from buds and leaves is the go. You could even put your tank outside of the greenhouse in shade and if it's water only your using set up a little sprayer to spray the water tank when you pump water into your pots. It will cool it a little as the water evaporates. You could also freeze a drinks container and drop it into your tank around midday to keep things cool if needed. Then remove it when it gets cooler chuck it back in the freezer and it will be ready fir the next day...might wirk well in a heatwave fir you.

Wordy again. Sorry!
        My current summer grow, all in homemade super soil from compost, seaweed and several manures as well as amendments. Quite the summer here in the Maritimes, with drought and dry winter leading to major forest fires in May/June (best friend lost their house almost in the city), and since then constant rain making it hard to even keep lawns mowed, and then a 100 year rain storm that led to worst flooding of my lifetime. tough on gardens but now all of my veggies and pot plants are going crazy. Sadly lost 3 autos almost completely to bud rot (chopped em already even though not mature since it was spreading soooo fast) . My idea of starting autos in May to harvest before the fall bud-rot primetime DIDn't work this year. Wettest July I can remember.
        I really wanted to try the Freakshow auto so it has been protected and looks like she will be finished the next couple weeks. she keeps popping nanners so I expect this strain isnt quite stable yet . but some decent thick buds if she makes it. I would have normally cut her because of the nanners potentially polluting the others, but still no flowers on the photos yet so the timing might work out.
        Strawberry Cough from seed (started late but a speedy grower) is doing well although she was started very late.
        The two bushy ones are Tropicana Poison Fast and Top 30% that were cuttings from indoor spring grow - and the mothers were both f...n awesome. they were originally intended for the friend who suffered complete loss of house in forest fire (sad) that happened before he got the girls so I kept them going unplanned. The photoperiod girls are all into the bunching up that I associate with start of flowering. Looks like I waited a little too long for Power bloom addition but should be ok with not too many fan leaves dropping.
        I am canvassing opinions from more experienced outdoor growers. The two clones are the thickest and biggest (I usually start em late so not so visible here in the city) I have grown and wonder if i should space the buds apart like I do indoors since there are so many sites that it will end up being pretty thick? If indoors where space is limited, I would be cutting a lot of branches to establish spacing. Indoors it definjitely seems to make better buds if there is an inch to 2 minimum between them . I do have room and the time to be fusy with these girls who were an afterthought for this summer but now deserve attention due to their resilience.
        almost Were's Waldo, but for sizing you could find a beer can in each photo if you wanted.
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• Bootsy
          Bootsy commented
          Editing a comment
          HMMM. gotta change my signature.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well i'm sorry Bootsy about the autos and crap weather. I've not had green lawn like yours since May it's dry as hay. I've been removing old spent fan leaf and thinning out bottoms. I have moth catipillars in my auto buds now whoopie. I gonna do parial harvest on them they smell so dang sweet bees to moths are landing on them now daily. No ants thank goodness. I've watch some videos of the strawberry cough origin I'm sooo sorry to hear about your friend loosing their home it's tragic loss. My brother in law and wife lose their home to fire 3yrs ago also. I just sobbed seeing it all plus all the lovely forests around my old home burned up. Fire is so sad , I took a drive up past my old place on the river yes theres greenry bushes blah blah but still to see the giant trees black like spears standing well it's still heartbreaking. I haven't seen Waldo for a long time LOL.........

The outdoor versions are progressing well. The 2 marked tree hoppers are still here but much less common than they were before. They are starting to show the first signs of flower and are becoming fragrant. The non topped plant is about 48 inches tall and stretch has not begun yet. The outdoor solos are struggling with yellowing of the leaves a bit. Same plant from same seed production, light, feedings. The only thing different is the size of the container. Just going to ride it out now.

Name:	20230728_122949.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	600928
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Does the solo cup challenge permit automatic fertigation?
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Yes, as long at the roots are in the cup only. See link for the rules, or lack of rules as the case may be.

Calling all solo cup growers. I had some seedlings left over with no home, so a Solo cup grow is being started. Anyone else want in on this? I challenge you to a grow off. It may be a little late, and the plants I'm starting with are the runts of the batch. That doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that it is grown in

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd be setting up a dripper to drip 2 minutes on 5 minutes off, you know, something like that of a day. Set it so none to very little comes out the bottom.
              You'd be on a winner I reckon with a well balanced nute mix.

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the issue with these solo cup plants is that strain does not like the cup. All the plants in the pix were from seed produced from one original seed that was turned into a seed run. Theoretically they should be the same or very similar. All six plants from the same seed source, same nutes and light. The plants in larger pots are doing well on this regime. I'm thinking nute deficiency due to deficient root structure. The perils of solo cup growing.

Beautiful Saturday morning here in So. Oregon. No smell of smoke nor seeing it yet today. Yes like most the world we've got several fires going around the state none near my town but N & S of us there burning. Thought I'd give a last pic of the outdoor autos prior to getting the wack. These are approx. 74 days old and i've given them a 1/2 gal drink of unsulferated Molasses each this a.m. I'm getting antsy to harvest but i'm holding onto them till i see more fade I'm not waiting another full 7days just a few more days. First and 2nd pics are of the pretty sweet tooth autos i really like this strain i've grown it few times never a problem for me. One grew wonky shaped always gotta be a odd ball next is Grape she's just a star and last is Runtz both extremely frosty solid bud structures on all of them really. Few puff balls lower but overall just great preformers in the end. Took another bud worm off but no big infestation. It's more late season photo flowers i find the big Mo Fo's bud worms gawwd i love stabbing them with my toothpicks die die !! I feel better now

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Bootsy
              Bootsy commented
              Editing a comment
              A neat loooking menagerie. I havent mangaed to get autos to space out that nicely.

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep I've finished taking all autos down and removed the large fans. They are hanging in my house and will most likely be jarred by Sat. It's a welcome load off my shoulders now i'm focused only on the photos outdoors. Temps are creeping up 93f I can't stay outdoors during that heat use to love it when i was younger tolorated it better. Now it's 6am watering or 6pm

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations SoOrbudgal on a wonderfully diverse grow risking it all in the outdoors.

I really enjoyed my trips into your garden and your story.

More to come I hope.

Thanks

Tell me again why i dont like growing outside....Holy Shit! Besides chasing the sunlight around the yard the weather has been facking stupid...If its not sweltering heat and humidity its either torrential downpours or tornado's. WPM is on everything, garden plants,the lawn,i dunno, maybe i got it. 7 inches of rain in a few hours last week. Today my BBQ cover decided to fly over everyone and land on two plants that i had tucked in a corner so they wouldn't get damaged by the wind...perfect!
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
            Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
            Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              Bowhunterwoody cherry stones, little necks, quahogs......steamers? I could sure
              go for a good RI clam fritter!

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              GreenState mostly cherrystones, with a few dozen quahogs for chowder. Got enough for several batches of stuffies too. On the half shell is my favorite but my wife likes them steamed.

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man how i miss those razor clams makes my mouth water.

The outdoor version is progressing. The two marked tree hoppers are abating, now I have seen some caterpillars and a few japanese beetles. I have been vacuuming the plants daily, feels like trying to keep back the tide.

Name:	20230731_163048.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	601193

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
              Yes sir i go out with toothpicks and stab them mofo's if you see one unfortunitly they'll be more as i've learned. I've seen nothing on my flowering autos yet X my fingers.
              So, despite some rough weather down the stretch, this chocolate Thai (secret squirrel seeds) made it. Still had to scour for catties inside for the last few days to avoid the tstorms.
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                That looks great so happy you got to harvest I've been in trim jail last 2 days.

I got the plants up on my roof, and my Blumat watering system hooked up. Three plants using the blue soak drip tape , and one with standard drippers
              it’s a real PITA to grow up there and hard on my shingles, but it’s the only place I get enough light
              KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
              Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
              Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
              Maybe some compost teas
              Blumat watering system
              Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
              3x4x6’ tent
              Photontek 465wpro
              6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
              Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Boy do i remember them days. I had the same problem Smallgrow. I had a very small patch of sun for maybe 6hrs in the yard, but the roof was great for my auto flowers until it got 105f up there LOL then i'd lower them down to the deck in the shade. Mine was a flat top roof

• Smallgrow
                Smallgrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Ya it can get hot up there , but at this point in the season around here it should be manageable.
                These plants are only coming down one time , it’s too hard 😅

Kinda miss having to do this Smallgrow

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                90Gizmo commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally worth the view.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                It sure was 90Gizmo layed up there many summer nights watching the sky.

• Smallgrow
                Smallgrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice spot for sure !
                Climbing the ladder is less fun ,😉

Well we just strung 5 of the nicest days of the year together with temps in the low 80s and dew pts around 50 with nothing but sun. Plants sure seemed to enjoy it. 6 weeks since the longest day and both photos are definitely ready to bud. Leaf hoppers still a pain in the ass but no wpm.

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                ....and here water tanks are running dry after 3 wet and cold summers because we havent had rain in 3 months, the forests have 3 years of recovery after the bushfire with thick new undergrowth and we are heading into an extended hot and dry period which will see drought and the forests turn into tinder boxes matched with record high temperatures.
                More disasters on the way.

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                Bowhunterwoody It does look like another shitty week ahead (after a beautiful weekend)!
                I'm tempted to hang my light in the sunroom and bring the plants inside during the worst of the weather.
                Actually I've done that a few times when a strong thunderstorm shows up on the radar.
                Adding the light, unfortunately only a 400W unit might still help out.
                These teeny tiny green caterpillars are out in force this year!
                Bluey --seems to be feast or famine extremes this year for sure

• Bowhunterwoody
                Bowhunterwoody commented
                Editing a comment
                GreenState. I thought about doing that also but they're way too tall now. Probably should have topped one more time. Just got lazy. Plus I'd be a little concerned with bringing bugs in. Just gonna have to ride it out and hope they make it. We'll see. Maybe the fall will dry out a little. Gotta hope!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X