No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My outdoor grow is progressing very well. That’s a 1 gallon watering can in the pictures for scale. The big girl is between 5 and 6 feet tall from the soil.

I’m incredibly lucky, my second time with regular seeds and I somehow got 4 girls out of 4, yippee!
    There is one pic of each plants flowers below, but now that their into flower I don’t think there is any doubt about it.

Now I’m just hoping and praying they finish before fall does 😬🤞

I’m also making plan B and C if they don’t
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck i'm always surprised you may get lucky and i sure hope you have a dry fall Croptober we got great weather here, very cool a.m. mid 80's day. I see some of my indica strains starting to go a tad orange on just a few buds. My time is nearly like your Smallgrow early Oct. maybe 1 plant by end of Sept.

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should change your tag to bigmonstergrow 👍🏻

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Impressive 🤞

I'm actually getting a little hopeful about these plants. Checked the trichomes today for the first time and was surprised by the amount of cloudy. Probably about half. They look and smell really good and if I can get thru Wednesday without any issues I'm thinking I can make it. Still no wpm or rot . You can see what we've been dealing with. Humidity and rain for 4 days strait again but somehow they're still chugging along. Hoping for three more weeks. They seem to fatten every day. Still hopeful. Pics just before the ez-up back over them. Another day in paradise.

Comment

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Holding my breath for a long warm dry fall
      Last edited by Smallgrow; 09-11-2023, 07:44 PM.

A little strawberry (cough x cotton candy kush ) x blue berry...I have grown out this s.c x c.c.k cross for a few years now and can tell the blue berry structure was passed on for sure..The smell has always been that of s.c but this cross it has changed a bit...She is a monster the bud branches are huge in size compared to Franklins F1, S1 and my blue berry..
    Attached Files

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      The smell is going to be intense berry something, not sure if she will turn purple with the cold temps. I am hoping she will because s.c is a purple strain with cooler temps and blueberry is to, mind you my blue berry has not turned purple yet...maybe all the prup pics on these two strains is nothing short of food coloring added to water for seed man pictures..lol but the smell is going to be fabulous... Hu doing the fruity thing this grow, oranges and berries...

Took down the auto bastards today. Around 82 days. Smells like ripe blackberries. Going to try again this winter in a more controlled environment.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      What's not to love there? You always have the coolest species. The buds even resemble blackberries.

A pretty sunrise pic from this morning Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230914_150736446.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	604684

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      They sure are beautiful in the gleaming morning sun...

I’m not sure they will all make it, but I’m sure 3 will.
    good luck on the race to the finish line.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      🤞 for everyone finishing up.

Was 5C this morning at my place🥶

Well well look at all the outdoor growers finally seeing the grows coming closer to harvest. Only issues i got are the bud worms starting to hatch from those white moths but i'm not too worried i don't have a " infestation " just a couple that i could hardly see without my big magnifier LOL. We are looking at another several days of 90+weather i call the last hurrah for summer. So i'm ready for when it starts to rain. Plants are smelling up and frosting up. Like diamonds in the morning sun. Got the freak even showing frost. Poppy an Sonny even my cat Mimi on the bench all loving these cool 50f mornings. No more bloom nutes just giving water from da hose. I may be able to harvest 4th pic by end of Sept. it's a 3 run homer shorty 31/2 ft LOL stacked like a bulldog it's a strain that i've grown several times heavy producer for me. I buried her right up to the lower branches and she stayed short, gonna do all of them next season like that see if they stay less than 5ft.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Me wants a closeup pic of the freak please.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

First time grower. Any tips help. Started in a pot. Than transfered into ground around June. Any advice?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        If you got problems with your grow there's other sites for questions. Otherwise nope no advice

• Reefer
        Reefer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice soorbudgal! Much appreciated.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job for first timer.

This is the best i can get with my phone camara click the picks they'll get bigger i guess Going2fast
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        How many freaks have you got?
        They are producing nice healthy buds

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Those freaks make such luvely buds.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I only have the 1 plant she's a crooked gal one sided leaner LOL her name is " Ilean " lol

Racing to the finish, not nearly there, the challenges are happening. After 5 days of rain and hiding in the barn there was one day of sun, a little heat, and lots of humidity. Put them in the sun and the manifolded plant is showing a serious case of bud rot. I cut a bunch off this morning and this evening there is more. All the cuttings from evening are in the bowl. I will inspect in the morning and see how it looks. I may need to put it down. Hurricane is passing by and more rain is coming, more time in the barn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230914_170952.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	5.58 MB
ID:	604755

Many mushrooms again.

Name:	20230914_171133.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	604756
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        This rot on these is almost black and very aggressive. No way would I ever consume it. I didn't take any pix of it, there was so much there I just cut it as fast as possible. I almost backed the car over it- by accident I think...

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't smoke the black stuff, it looks terrible that. On mine it looked like it was eating the bud from the outside as where it was located there should have been nicely shaped bud but that was gone and a blackness on what was remaining if the bud where it was eating its way in.

But I did cut the non effected parts of the bud and smoked them....I promised myself I wouldn't do that again. It was the roughest stuff I've ever had. I have only recently researched that black stuff and found it is likely the more mature grey mold we see early on in its life cycle, bud rot or Botrytis cinerea. I didn't think it was the same mold but apparantly it is, just later stage growth.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Ckbrew Sorry to hear about the bud rot Ck. I'm watching my GG4 especially close as it has very dense buds
        and definitely could be prone to rot. The white widow has much more airy buds so not quite as susceptible. Mystery girl's
        are dense as well. I hate the last month of an outdoor growing! The good news here is it's feeling more like Fall and the air
        has gotten noticeably drier and doubtful we'll see another above 80 degree day. Hopeful the labor of moving plants inside at night w/fan blowing and windows open will pay off on this end. All the best. Have begun to work on my pre-winter check list, need to put new belts on my snowblower
        Last edited by GreenState; 09-15-2023, 05:37 AM.

Since last post I chopped part of the Colombian Purple as it will not have time to finish with 10-20 weeks flower time and no flowers. Winter will hit early here, all the bugs and trees tell me this, the hickory nuts and pecans are dropping without a frost, leaves turning already soon to fall off. I think the 8 Ball Kush will finish next, the Colombian Purp I hope has time to finish before frost. The last plant, one of my own crosses should be ready in a few weeks, just before frosts. My PH has risen to above 7.0, top dressing with powdered sulfur to bring it back in line (slowly). Its been a good year here!

Comment

Strawberry Cough x3. The buds are starting to thicken up. Can't say it smells like strawberries but definitely something sweet like maybe bubble gum. Way different than the diesel smell of all my previous grows. The pot warmers aren't keeping the plants as warm as I like but they are doing maybe +5F over ambient. I was running the ventilator 24/24 but today I added logic to turn it off if the temp goes below 60F. It was down to 50F last night. The concrete slab must hold some heat but it won't do much good with me running a 2000 cfm exhaust fan, so now I turn the fan off it's cold. There are still 4x interior fans blowing on the plants. Fingers crossed that I don't get mold.
        Last edited by 90Gizmo; 09-16-2023, 09:00 AM.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Good work Giz.

I think you're doing all you can to avoid bud rot. It's looking really good too.

Name:	gsc bud.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	604899
        The Girl Scout Cookies are starting to stack up now. Not super sticky yet but really greasy. The Freaks are finally getting
        that lighter fluid / grapefruit smell that I love. It's been an underwhelming season for me. The plants are very healthy but
        lack the size and density I was hoping for. I think the lack of sunshine in most of May and June then the brutal heat of
        August took its toll. Weather is absolutely perfect now but shorter days are keeping them from full potential. I'll be lucky
        to yield half of what I got last year.

Comment

SoOrbudgal I believe I have a relative of "Ilean" 's.
          Thank goodness for the added cage.
          Fall has arrived here, 40's at night, 60-low 70's daytime...Plants are loving the temps
          Click image for larger version  Name:	mystery girl.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.20 MB ID:	604941
          Last edited by GreenState; 09-16-2023, 08:44 AM.
          "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X