• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Some might not like it if I said I pulled their heads off, LOL

• Floopydoop
    commented on 's reply
    Curious about "release their guidance systems". I usually just stomp on them.

• Rwise
    replied
    Good luck with the rain, I got none, not even a sprinkle. Looks like we will have hot weather until the day fall arrives, then we drop 10* on the high end and drop into the 50s at night I heard the words "Dust Bowl" on the propaganda. Myself I expect changes, I think Death Valley will become an ocean again, maybe in the next 20 years it will start to refill.
    I did the deed on the Wild Thing, better safe than sorry. Nice sticky smelly, now IF there is time for a double harvest, that would be cool.
    The last few days I have been finding huge grass hoppers on my plants (and a few stink bugs), they just set there while I pick them off and remove there guidance systems and release them back into the wild.
    Things that have helped, all purpose floor spread on the plants around the grow (while the dew is on). Spinosad sprayed on the ground and plants (dusk) around the grow (not on the girls) helped a lot, this thinned them down. In the fields I cut the johnson grass that was near 10 feet tall so the birds can find and eat them.
    My new to me toy is a Kubota L345, this thing out mows the ford 3000 by a long way, no more fords here! BTW that ford is not really a ford its a New Holland, the New fords are Chinese, beware.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Rumor has it we will get rain in Oregon over the weekend......i've only got the 4 plants in pots to worry about. One i already stuffed in the greenhouse she takes up all the space, other 3 will be dragged under a carport already blocked off an area so deer can't get to them. Since i'm now on my own for the a time i'm not gonna set up a canopy over them just move them in an out of rain.

• Rwise
    replied
    I am watching Wild Thing very closely, they are again telling us we have rain coming, but I dont think it will make it here. IF it does, or looks like it will, I think I'll take the big buds from her and try a double harvest from her. I may take buds that are now under others just to stay ahead of bud rot. I did take a look with the 30x, milky and a few amber so it wont be a total loss. As of yesterday it has not wilted, so it may do something IF we have time.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Luvely plants!

• soonboomer
    commented on 's reply
    The wind is still pretty gusty here today, and temps are around 90. But, the humidity is low, so I'd easily take 3-4 more weeks of this.

• Going2fast
    replied
    Snowcaine is done. Gave her the chop yesterday. She shed most of her leaves on her own. Ran low on nitrogen 3 weeks into flower so I just let her cruise. Will amend the soil more next year. Not a big producer but a breeze to trim. Some of the dankest weed I've ever grown. Smells like strawberries and skunk. Did find a few small spots of bud rot but I would say this strain is good resistance being as hot and humid this Summer has been. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_102315579_BURST001.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	5.47 MB
ID:	536191Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_102219132_BURST004.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	536192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_102158712_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	536193Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_161004022.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	536194

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    That sucks hard. The wind was blowing so hard here yesterday that I went out and rigged up support lines on my plants. They are big enough that they are like sails. The wind was almost doubling them over and I was afraid they would either snap or uproot.

• amy24
    commented on 's reply
    Aw sorry for your loss!!! Pretty amazing they are all so resilient under those circumstances.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Well don't have none of those issues, it's just finding the sun now for my girls.

• Rwise
    replied
    IDK what to say, tragedy, bugs have pretty much killed the Sour Tangie White Widow cross, I cant catch them there, damn, just damn. I may harvest as she has amber trics, and with the bugs eating her faster now than she is growing. Time to cut my losses with this one, and for next year, unless this is some outstanding bud, I wont grow it again.
    And Wild Thing was blown over yesterday, a hard gust from the west and she broke over just above the ground. She has never been feed, nor watered, only what falls from the sky and what is under her. No PHing, just tossed the seeds on the ground and kicked dirt over them. I guess it will be easier to measure her to see how tall she was. She is also very sticky, I may put a larger patch there next year. Grasshoppers are a problem though.
    Since I cant get what I want I am experimenting, the Blue Dream BB3 cross was thin and wanting nutes. I picked up 2 sacks of over ripe bananas, ate a few while the others became very dark and runny. Then I put them around the plant and covered them with about 8" (or so) of soil. The buds have started swelling, I'll do more 'nanas next year.
    The Black Domina BB3 cross is doing ok, a bit of a bug magnet, the sativa dom one was killed by bugs leaving those that show Indica dom.
    The BB4 IDK if I have time to feed her some 'nanas, but that may happen tomorrow.
    Its still HOT outside, not 100's but close enuf, RH has been low and nights have been cool (upper 50s, low 60's), may get a few drops of rain Wednesday but I aint counting on it!
    Time to go cut down the STxWW, bugs you get no more of it!

Leave a comment:

• soonboomer
    commented on 's reply
    Hottest day of the year so far here in OKC. Not much relief on the way according to the 10 day forecast. At least there is a decent breeze.

• Rwise
    replied
    Went out and took a bunch of blurry pics, 'cept these 2. The Black Domina BB3 cross gave it up (sativa dominate by looks), I was told these were highly bug intolerant and would get eat up outside. Looks like they were correct. I spread all purpose floor around the girls so the hoppers can eat it (and then die), the second pic is my view of the plant standing under it.
    Hot and dry continues, no rain for me, even the spring is now just a puddle. The water pig tank has a leak, it was full of water and not leaking when I drained it to do this with, crap! I'll have it for next year anyway, for now the trash cans hold enuf to keep the soil moist. Of course the tree does not get any of it, it must do its thing without my help.

Leave a comment:

• Floopydoop
    commented on 's reply
    Why would you need Hattori Hanzo steel? You must have big rats.

Dangit, now I gotta go watch the bride.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X