Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    She does need more time, and from the looks worth the effort to finish her.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    She is very worth protecting soonboomer i sure would make a bamboo or woodstakes teepee of somesort wrap in sheets of clear plastic. Just have several inches of bottom exposed for air.

• soonboomer
    replied
    She's in the ground. I've been thinking something along those lines (building a small room or box around it)........she's maybe 4 feet tall and really doing well right now. At least she's only about 20 feet from my back door, so I'll be able to keep an eye on her.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Is she in the ground or in a pot? My first legal grow I had plants outside when winter laid down on us, I built a room around them from scrapes, put heat and piss poor lights in, and a fan to move air around. It got me to a finish with them, they were small, not big trees (from bag seed).

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I like the idea, but I dont blow leaves, the tree put them there and there they stay, unless I need mulch. But a tool to only use in the garden, I could do that.
    Oh ya, sprinkles here this morning.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal I certainly hope and wish for all y'all to get a bountiful harvest.
    Last edited by Rwise; 09-30-2021, 06:41 AM.

• soonboomer
    commented on 's reply
    I've got a small battery operated blower that might work. Think I can avoid blowing things from the ground, and I'll blow it out thoroughly before using on the plants. Will post results if we get the predicted rain.

• soonboomer
    replied
    This Sour Diesel plant could potentially produce the best looking buds I'll have this year. Problem is, it's such a late finishing strain that I don't know if she'll get there. Everything I've read says early November. Last year, we had a major ice storm at the end of October.
    Last edited by soonboomer; 09-28-2021, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    That actually doesn’t sound like such a bad idea. My only concern would be in making sure it doesn’t blow any spores and dirt at the plant, picked up either off the ground or from inside the machine from previous blowing of leaves. A big box fan might be better but it would be less portable and you would need a nearby outlet.

• soonboomer
    replied
    Took down one of my Zookies plants today. Was a fairly small producer, but since it was about 20% amber, I wanted to get one in the drying stage as we're scheduled to get some rain and higher humidity over the next few days. All my others are mostly cloudy (no amber), so the potted ones are going under cover. My 3 in-ground ladies will have to ride it out. I have an old buddy who's been growing outdoors for decades, and he uses a leaf blower on his after every rain. Anybody ever try that?

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Sun breaks inbetween rain showers today mine are now 2 days out of the sun/rain under cover. I go and check them wish they were all cloudy but not. By wed suppose to be sunny, found another tiny moth worm is what i'm thinking inside another bud that's really sticky no others seem to have attracted this moth worm? Skinny light brown as thin or thinner than pencil lead. I made him screem ! Man Rwise congrats on getting them to finish good. I'm still holding out on mine cause i want to at least get some amber. Keep crossing your fingers for us in the PNW

• Rwise
    replied
    I just took down all but the BB4, 1 of the black domina BB3 crosses was about 80% amber, while its mate was maybe 5%. 1 of the blue dream BB3s was about 30% amber while its mate was about 10%. The (Mp x T1000) x Santa Marta Colombian Gold was near 30% amber as well. With rain coming in (ya right) I just was not willing to risk bud rot on these, the BB4 is just not ready so I'll risk it. I'll leave the rest of wild thing too, I think, I have not been out in the field yet today. The house is starting to smell awesome! Also took down a seeded plant, SMCG x Black Willie.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal Not seeded, maybe a stray I did find 2 seeds on the wild thing while trimming. I'll have the magnifier out in a bit, the last big blow broke a few limbs (I may remove them) which I tied back in place. We have a chance of rain coming, we need it badly, but without it has been nice not having to fight bud rot! It looks like some of my trees are not going to make it this year, another fall with no colour. One of the growers near me is taking his today, so they dont get wet.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Yep looking closer Rwise are some of those seeded? I'm still feeding bloom to mine maybe gave last dose to 1 and keep giving bloom to other 3. Trichs are all cloudy on 3 and the long hauler in the greenhouse tent ain't even close. We may get some rain coming on Monday. All the trees have been loosing leaf do to low ground water, fried some to a crisp. But i'm happy we are pulling it off this year, for Oregon the grows have been very good.

• Rwise
    replied
    So close and so far away. Still fighting bugs, hemp borers, grasshoppers, a few bud worms. I have been feeding them a bit, rotating between Epsom Salts, Black Strap Molasses, liquid potash, apple vinegar. Just added 2 gallons of wood ash and some powdered sulfur in each pot to feed those flowers. The temps have finally dropped, nights in the 40'sF and 80's in the day, another chance to not get rain this week. Can you see how the trees are hurting? I need rain, but can we get it near the plants and not on them, LOL

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X