• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice trees!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I'm a lone harvester also DeadlyFruit i do pre trimming outdoors remove all bigger leaf, leave smaller suger leaf intact then cut into sections hang dry. I only grow 4 nowdays and i keep them short with topping and spreading them out. Hire a crew LOL

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Good for you getting them to go all the way. Looks like a pretty good year for you really lovely plants. Only thing i may do different next year for outdoor is less plants LOL if you do your own trimming by hand LOL. I like to keep mine shorter i'm getting too old to climb ladders.

• Jimmynuetron
    commented on 's reply
    My back and neck, I hear ya’ but, no pain no gain I always say. I don’t mind hanging it leafy. They snap off easy when dry. Gives you a few days of waiting

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    I do the same for my outdoor grows. I set up a little table for when I want to sit down and hang the branches at a good height for trimming when I want to stretch my legs and do it standing up. Unfortunately, I was afraid there would be no short cuts, aside from maybe a bowl trimmer. Given how much of my stuff I use for edibles it wouldn’t bother me to use a bowl trimmer and maybe not get the same personalized manicure. By the end of each evening of trimming my back is killing me and to be able to speed it up would be a reasonable trade off. It is sooooo slowwwwww. Maybe I’ll bowl trim part of my harvests and hand trim a bit for gifting.

• Jimmynuetron
    replied
    Nice trees, I have a table outside that I use to do some last minute cleaning before taking the branches in to hang. No real shortcuts I know of

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    replied
    Just started harvesting the 2 trees I have left. I am speed harvesting because I can smell the plants 2 neighbourhoods away and I am starting to get a bit of side-eye from the neighbours. Hard to process a couple 13 ft tall plants with any kind of speed - I’ve been wondering how others can harvest as fast as they do. If anyone has tips to speed up the harvest/trim shout them out. Maybe time to start looking for a house in the country where I don’t have to worry about sensitive neighbours 🙂

Click image for larger version

Name:	A179F9BC-311C-42EF-A59A-3C39EEC8A730.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	5.33 MB
ID:	543738

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Nice job!

• Jimmynuetron
    replied
    Looks good Cdn, nice plants !

Leave a comment:

• CdnDreamer
    replied
    First time grower. Four plants - Blueberry, Blue Dream, Alien Technology and Gorilla Glue #4. The Blueberry got to 8 feet, and the other 3 topped out at 7.5 ft.

Got good yields (about 10-15 oz a plant with good size buds), lost a couple buds to bud rot, but got the majority of the crop in. Definitely will be going for better next year, but pretty happy for a first timer outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmynuetron
    replied
    Haha, good job on the solid nugs !

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Harvest is certainly better than last years, though I filled more jars last year, this years buds are harder.
    Now remember to dry it before jarring it so we dont end up with brown buds.

• Ckbrew
    replied
    You got one fine harvest going there.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    LOL i'm down to 1 Bubba Kush in the unheated green house tent outdoors. I look at her every few days and weep because she's in limbo she would of been a 1lb producer by the looks of her but she went way to long before flowering she just grew oh well guess we'll see how her genetics take to cold an wet now. So yes i'm in the same boat as you Rwise i don't see this one of mine going anywhere but into the pasture for the animals.

• Rwise
    replied
    Wild Thing was chopped yesterday, it had been frosted on the last 2 mornings and was showing it. Frost at 47*F, WTF! Ok the area many many moons ago was a glacier, it ended in this spot, and is always 5* cooler than the rest of the property, which is 5* cooler than TIA (where the official reading comes from) if there is no wind.
    This leaves only the Bruce Banner F4, hoping for a tad of purple on her, so far no go. She was also the first seed sprouted, and taking the longest to finish.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X