• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amy24
    commented on 's reply
    They look like Christmas trees! šŸ˜

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    I can totally see that. This has been fun but it is indeed more work. Iā€™m going to be watching the harvest numbers to see if it was worth it from that aspect. Do you remember how much the JH harvest was?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I grew a monster jack herer 3 summers ago as tall as yours if not more. I had to super crop the top 2 ft to fit inside the garage we layed it sideways drug it in it was huge. Took till mid oct. to finish it drug it in an out of garage daily and it did finish and i waited for cloudy an amber mix. I also think i took branches more mature than others and left the rest to ripen further. Do to many of those monsters and work full time was kinda bothersome. But young folks got more energy to work these bigger plants. Folks think it's easy growing giants but it's far from it. And doing some breakage did not slow it down at all.

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    I can clean the gutters while I am at it. Multi-tasking!

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    Drag it over a couple feet and you can tend it from the roof! LoL! If it stretches you might have to..

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    replied
    Spraying done. I needed a dang step ladder! There is definitely some bud growth visible now beyond pre-buds so I expect that will be the last time I can spray them before harvest. I really am ridiculously proud of the height but unless I get like 2 lbs per plant I may take steps to limit that height next summer. Needing a ladder to manage the top third of the plant is funny but means it wonā€™t get inspected as often.

(the white stuff everywhere is just diatomaceous earth which I like to spray occasionally on the soil to keep away the fungus gnats)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EDA049F-E470-4FE2-8378-1ADBC6703EE0.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	531288

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like a plan - thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to do!

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I would if i had your problem DeadlyFruit i'd spray late eve or early morning. Not too consentrated mix then give it a shake on main stalk.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    From the plant thats hanging now, I find a praying mantis in the house. I reached for it and to my surprise it jumps into my hand and looks up at me. I take it outside and to the Bruce Banner 4, held it up to the plant and it crawls onto the bud.
    The yard looks empty without all those big autos!

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice, I bet she fills a few jars!

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal I think you helped with advice when I was picking these strains and when I snapped off half the manifold on the really tall plant - I am absurdly proud to show you how tall these ones got and how stinky the other two were (you probably recall huge and stinky were on my list of desirable traits for this summer grow).

Just before I harvested the Pineapple Express 2 (the two that immediately went into bloom when I put them outside) you could smell them through the entire neighbourhood. They didnā€™t get a ton bigger at that point but they did give 6 oz jarred weight. If these two (zkittlez) bloom properly they will put the other two to shame. I am hoping the bloom speeds up. Usually they start to bloom around end of July (which is a bit strange because the hours of daylight donā€™t come down to 12/12 until later) but they are still pretty early into bloom now. I picked them in part for short bloom cycle but the later than usual start to bloom might push me back into the danger zone for getting them harvested before cold wet weather takes over. I try to watch for bugs but they are so tall I canā€™t reach the top. Im going to need a step ladder to check the upper part. Iā€™m 6ā€™ 2ā€ and when I reach as high as I can I donā€™t come close to the top and they are arguably in the bloom stretch right now amd could get bigger. I wonder what the tallest a plant might get is. I am ridiculously proud of their size - Iā€™ve never had plants this tall (although I usually donā€™t let them grow naturally).

I was just considering giving them a spray with insecticidal soap before they develop any real buds. Do you think it is too late for that? I figure it will probably wash off long before it could be a problem to the buds and could give them a good start to the process.

• desertdan
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful plant. Should be some enjoyable smoke to last awhile.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Here's my pre 98 Bubba Kush she's getting close to 7ft. and still growing. I've been tying her outward spreading branches. I snapped one like most do did'nt get a full break so i tied it up with that nursery rubber coated wire and some twine. Did not hurt her at all i have to look for the suture cause the branch showed no deadly droop. She's in a 10gal. plastic pot with many drill holes. Drinking 3gals a day. Other big plant is just about 6ft not taking as much water but has full budlets forming. This Bubba is stacking preflower but no budlets, I think i said she was the one with budlets but she's not it's peanut butter breath with the budlets and she's a foot shorter than this kush. I'm blaming the heat for the buds not forming faster than this. No real bug damange so that's good and the smell is starting to come on. Just a matter of a week or so these gals are about to explode, I hope LOL

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Looking really good DeadlyFruit now is the time for the yard stink to be getting around. Keep a good eye on them for the bugs.

• Rwise
    replied
    Some other things going on here, my pear trees are giving up pears the first time in 15 or 20 years because the tree rats stole them. Cleaning up under one of the trees I found walking sticks, several sizes, wonderful! Next day I found praying mantis, with the tree rats thinned down these bugs now have a chance to survive here. I also found this year my big boy likes tree rats enuf he'll put up with the boom.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X