Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing Legally. Where you at, what are your laws & growing strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing Legally. Where you at, what are your laws & growing strategy?

SoOrbudgal got me thinking the other day, when she mentioned we were lucky to grow 12 plants here in Michigan. What are your laws and how do you plan your grows within the law?

With a 12 plant limit, I have 4 plants dedicated to a continuous grow, (seed/early veg, late veg, early flower, late flower). Interval time is based on flowering time of the maturing plants.

First stage is in the nursery box with other plants; second stage I can either fit 4, 2.5-gallon pots or one 15-gallon pot -- this is where I decide to grow 1 large plant, or 4 smaller ones, then on to the 2'x4' box for early and late flowering.

That gives me enough for personal use, and gifting to my friends.

The other 8 plants I'm allowed I plan to use for breeding and experimenting, like the 2020 cup challenge.

At the moment I have a very sticky Amnesia Trance (AMS) that's about 6/10 weeks into flowering that is by itself (with a divider to contain heat/light) in the 2x4 box, a manifolded White Widow Extreme (AMS), that's about 10-14 days away from flipping in the late-veg box. Then a White Widow and a Big Bud (AMS) in the nursery, both of which are for the contest. Over in the breeder box I have three female Wide Widow Extreme plants from non-feminized seed, where I thought I'd get at least one male but I didn't so now one will get the silver treatment.

I bought the Big Bud for the cup challenge, since that looked like a beauty contest. They grow real short, so I'm thinking about taking the 4 remaining seeds, growing to maturity in the 2.5-gallon, not doing any training and see if I get 4 giant colas. That would give me 11 plants in the system.

How does your garden grow?
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Dayum!!!! 12? & I thought Washington was lucky to get 6. Like Budgal said- we get 4 here but they do recognize perpetual harvest so we can have clones, mothers & seedlings in the grow tent while 4 flower in the bud tent . Plus they're looking for the place with 20-50 full sized plants, not the couple with 2 extra in case some are males.
    Last edited by JDU; 01-18-2020, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that AccidentalGardener I have a daughter with MS. Hope you have more good days than bad. I don't know the inz n outs of WA laws- I know that as of last yr recreational growers were allowed 6 plants per person with a cap on how many ppl in the same house can pile on.
      I would imagine that same as here you would only be in a database if you applied for a med card which let's you grow a few more at a time & no tax at the dispensary.
      In OR we git 4 large & 18 small plants per house. I don't remember the cutoff height . My wife doesn't give us 8. But they aren't lookin for the guy with 6-7 plants "in case some are males" & a bunch of little ones waiting for their turn for perpetual harvest. Again that's Oregon. I'll look up Washington & TRY to post the link.....
      Last edited by JDU; 07-01-2020, 01:27 PM.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      JDU 'Tis okay. My grown sons and I live in a symbiotic situation and they are very supportive of my various gardening pursuits, as well as fetching and carrying for me, and spotting me if I start to tip over :P They also grind my weed and roll my joints and do the kitchen prep so I can still participate in cooking <3 A friend used to provide me with my medical stuff free of charge, but her living situation changed overnight, along with some of the best ACDC CBD bud in the world. With what I've spent on retail weed in the last 2 years, I could have built a killer grow. Apparently my neuro saying in print : "May explore marijuana use for MS symptoms" isn't an endorsement. But perhaps I'd be able to mount a defense with all the money I won't be spending on retail weed anymore, lol. Living la vida loca in times of thrax is a trip. I'm pretty sure the authorities have their hands full right now...they are not gonna roll up on a gray-braided, beskirted lady pushing a walker in the driveway, LOL. Not in the near future, anyhow...

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. That's why we can push the envelope a lil bit. That's good yer kids are there for ya. Maybe have one look up the local laws on the Gov website.

Medical use is on the table for discussion in my state, but I'm 100% outlaw so I can grow as many damn plants as I please.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Toker1 afuckinmen

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      When the local LEO walked through my gorilla patch, he did not find it, he was looking down pushing the 20 foot tall plants out of the way,,,, I luv being legal, the LEO is so not interested, "thats legal" was the only comment, no asking for to see the permit, no counting plants. The times they are a changing!

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      agree, cannabis prohibition became unconstitutional in mexico but still cannabis cultivation can be a risky endeavor so i stay outside the law and under the radar

I can have 6+6, 6 in veg and 6 in flower, and mothers, not as many as when I did the gorilla thing, but I can tend it and get more from it.
    My goal is to grow enuf through the summer to hold me all year, with indoor being a backup. I have some bagssed from CA I think growing now, indica dominant, one of these will be my first mother (learn on the cheap). A Mazar is also up and will be the second mother, seeds and clones coming! I play with breeding, and make my own seeds and strains (ok been a while). from time to time.
    I also want to trade clones with other Okies once I get mine going, I am near Tulsa/Sapulpa area
    Recreational is up for signatures,,,

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Also the GF can have 6+6, as I read it any card holder in the residence,,,

Here in Colorado we're allowed 6 per person in each household, 3 in flower 3 in veg. Or if you have your medical card your doctor can allow you more. Normal limit is 12 per household. Considering I live alone I'm a little over with 33 total going right now (11 in flower, 18 in veg, and 4 seedlings recently planted). Have a couple years before I can hopefully get a MED badge and make it legal and grow for the local dispensaries. I'm trying to use the time to perfect my techniques and figure out what works best for me for yield and quality. I live in a small town but we're supposed to be getting a couple recreational dispensaries soon and they will need local growers because they're supposed to get at least 70% of their flower from local growers. Hoping to be able to make the cut there, would be an awesome "job" I think.

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand all that I didn't just one day say I want to grow out of my house and sell to the dispensaries. I realize it's an investment and I will need proper facilities, equipment, licensing, etc. I have a couple more years still to get it all figured out completely but I always plan things out before and don't just dive in head first. I will make it happen eventually but thanks for trying to rain on my parade.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      My self and other forum members have privately discussed similar plans and the investments of time , money and other elements it takes to get this going HOWEVER, bear in mind that with government delays, political promises unfulfilled and financial limits for banking and taxation, there is a bigger shakeup needed to re-organize the pathways intended for real flexible legal pot. Whoopi Goldberg closed up shop, MedMen is laying off 100’s of employees and states are re-organizing future plans. I was fully prepared to build and operate a dispensary in my retirement but ...screw that, I might as well just enjoy the money I’d have pissed away and do something just as stupid but a lot more fun 😂

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      IMHO grow kale instead. More security for your investment and higher returns (based on CA weed market prices which are $100 per Oz and $1000 per lb for tippy top shelf)

Here in MA. the recreational limits are 6 per Adult with a household max of 12. So along with my wife we are allowed 12 plants. I run a 2 tent perpetual setup with 4 plants in each tent. When I take cutting things get a little grey. I generally take 12-18 cuttings at a time and I’ll weed them down to the 4 I want to use for the next run. Technically I could have 26 plants at certain times depending on how the state wants to classify the term “plant”. Our recreational laws don’t specifically define what a plant is so I generally try to count anything with roots. Needless to say, I try to make my selections quickly so I can cull the others. With that being said, I’m not giving the authorities any other reasons to knock on my door so they haven’t to this point.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here - MetroWest

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are a lucky man. Maybe one day our backassward state will be legal, but I ain't holding my breath.

Mention, possess or use weed...you’re fucked. 12 plants in Michigan? Those are some kick ass politicians you have.

im with @Alltatup....outlaws.........” 🎼on our white horses Mescalito, we’ll breeze into town”. ....Panama Red... New Riders of the Purple Sage
    Last edited by Farmall; 01-18-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      In my state, everyone's so in-bred and stupid that they can't figure out when it's time to pull they head out they ass.

• Mrblu
      Mrblu commented
      Editing a comment
      10oz per adult, up to 15g of which can be concentrate, 12 plants. As I can tell MI is a fore runner for recreational, and im loving it

Registered for medical grows in Canada so 29 plants. All hail our illustrious drug lord and leader...trudeau.

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Before becoming head of the Liberal Party of Canada, Trudeau was a ....wait for it....part-time high school drama teacher.
      His father was a prime minister and they had groomed Justin’s younger brother, Michel, to go into politics. That came to a end when he was killed in an avalanche in 1998 that swept his body all the way down a mountain into a lake. His body was never found.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, alltatup our boat is sinking every time the pig in the white house opens it's mouth.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      JohnEmad

Almost didnt get a like, until I saw the idiot comment
      😁

alltatup
      ABSOLUTELY NOT
      Would trade Trudeau for you, in a heartbeat 😍

I'm Ms., Harper Graces law was passed, for certain patients with debilitating diseases, but not the first patient has ever received any. And never will. The politicians in this state talk a big game, but that's all they do, Ms. was one of the first states to decriminalize mj, back in the Carter years, but that didn't do sh-t, you get caught with a joint, you going to jail, end of story.
    People in legal states don't know how lucky they are, well I hope they do.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      quirk yes! Been telling people this for years. The federal government has grown, stashed, and sold weed there since the 90’s.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      They been growing MJ, at Ole Miss, since the early 70s, they first had it surrounded by an electric fence, lol, but alot still got ripped off by students using, rods an reels with one ounce snag treble hooks,
      The Indian who runs it is a sad story, all by himself. He is not helping anything at all. But this is at Oxford, Ms.
      The real study is going on at UMMC, in Jackson, my Dr. Is evolved in that study, I showed him some pictures from my phone, and he said MJane was a gift from God.I might not should say this, but I've given him plenty of bud.
      HappyGrowing

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Luck has nothing to do with it.

If a recreational user wants to grow 4 plants that we are allowed to grow - first have to register your household to have 4 plants - government sends you a registration number - government then gives you a registration number that you use to obtain 4 seeds from a dispensary of their choice - then you can grow.

A growers household is allowed a certain amount of grams (not really sure, kinda lost interest in reading the regulations) to have in the house at one time. So how are they going to know how many grams one has? Well, you registered your household with the government - the law says they can knock on your door and can enter to check and see how much dried cannabis is on hand. Reason enough for me to NOT register my household for growing.

Being registered for medical marijuana is totally different. But the local police still have to check out your household before you get a grow permit.

Even though I'm retired from working for the federal government - I know how they operate and I don't trust them one bit.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Under the recreational growing laws a household can only have 4 plants, but is not limited to how much weed they can keep in storage. (They also have goofy calculations for concentrates which I have yet to understand)

I am a registered Health Canada grower, for personal medical, that is entitled to grow 25 plants for my Rx (plus my 4 recreational plants). I’m only allowed to store 2.5 kg (5 lbs) of weed...but recreational growers are unlimited?!

I would be interested to see how that would play out in court if I was to have 10kg of weed in storage. Which weed is Rx? Which weed is Rec?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Recreational users can have 1000 grams at a time.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Must have changed the possession limits since I applied last summer.

Damn I never looked it up but I think it's 4 plants in OR. and an ounce of herb. But to be honest I'm not sure

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. 4 adult plants in Oregon. 6 for med patients. & we DON'T get to double that for each adult household occupant. 1oz on your person & I believe it's an lb of dried flower on hand. I dont use concentrates so your guess is as good as mine there.

SoCal, baby. Liberal for the most part but cities are having a hard time figuring out what a 'legal' pot shop is and isn't. I can grow 6 unless I pay for some sort of license thingamajig to grow 25 or pay more and grow 125.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is why our family counts on the outdoor to produce the quality and quantity. Let's hope this summer will be better growing. I'm not shutting the tent down till it's hellish hot indoors this spring/summer.

Cali laws go like this for non-commercial ... standard recreational = 6 indoor plants per household. Medical can not exceed 100 square foot of canopy (no plant count, just square area of plant coverage). Outdoor gardens legality depends on county. Some allow some don’t. Some allow a few outdoors but must be Registered with the county first.
    Last edited by Toker1; 01-18-2020, 05:35 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Close at 36” 😉 Either way, I don’t know what they were hoping to control by setting a height limit.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      YYCannabis I totally agree about height limit: it's absurd and makes them look totally ignorant about what they're doing. They need to read GWE and catch up to the rest of us.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally ignorant. Nope, hey went at it with less information than that 😁

The system is rigged, for fat cats to get fatter. Looking at the boards of some the producers, show ex politicians (does not look like they had inside knowledge, much)

Man, 100 sq.ft. of canopy would be sweet.

Comment

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I can grow a pound 3Xs a year in a 4x4. In a 10X10 that would be 18 lbs a year and six tents. It would be lots of room to experiment and have various strains.

I suppose it would be a shit ton of electricity too! I would need some hydro, geothermal and solar to go with the 10X10 :-)

(I hope I did the math right)

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      18.75 lbs per year 🧐

And like Canuck147 keep on drinking that govt. kool aide alltatup nice place you live in eh? There are forest folk no one ever sees hardly unless they are very ill and want the help they will come out. They live like indigenous people do I highly respect them, yes I've taken care of one years ago I won't ever forget her. I like being under the radar, don't advertise it much.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X