No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already 7 days from seeds getting wet. Here are the 3 with minor surgery needed to remove the helmets from 2 of them. No harm done.

Started the Dbl Grape & Creme de la Chem with both showing a tap root after 20 hrs. Going to be full tents again in a short while.

So far batting 100% germination rate so very happy with the start.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-07-2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200107_202109.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	364159Click image for larger version

Name:	20200107_202353.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	364160

Comment

Coming to the end of week one and a really good germination rate going on in here.

I am curious as to how all you cloners are coming along?
        Anybody got clone roots?

Name:	20200107_204125.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	866.6 KB
ID:	364163

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I planted 3 seeds each of 4 strains I lost one of the 3 ww seeds when I folded paper towel it was there when I opened it it was gone other than that all of them came up

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          All of mine are still upright, and maybe even growing a little bit bigger since I cut them, but I didn't do any bare roots in water this time. They're in 2" net cups with either hydroton, perlite or rockwool over bubbling tap water. Other cuttings are in either biorooters or jiffy pellets. None have wilted yet.

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          Standing tall, leaves spread, no visible roots

I was late taking.the cutting, but expect roots anytime over the next couple of days

hey FunkyButtLovin , is that how you start all your clones?? just put them in water till roots grow? WTH? lol. I have a helluva time starting clones!? ..my son's buddy says he puts them in water and sticks them on window sill and thats it. I'v tried rooting powder in tap water,bottled water,ph'd water, and it seems to take forever.(like weeks?) then i usually forget to change water daily and it gets a bit murky. The last clones i did get started, i ended up sticking them in grow medium cause they wernt doing anything in the water.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          OK hahah im gonna have to try this method.. thanks FBL

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Nebulas newsletter actually mentioned the "just put them in Water" method in a newsletter a few weeks back. It works really well.

• WeirdWiredWolf
          WeirdWiredWolf commented
          Editing a comment
          All my clones have been taken using just water; I do use an opaque container/cover but other than that nothing other than sunlight and making sure the container is full. Water is PH'ed but that's it. Occasionally I've had to trim some roots when repotting (my record is 8" when I finally remembered to check on it), that doesn't seem to slow them down.

well they are all in the coco , my solo is in 5th picture , the second picture is of a sherbert cookie I'm not to optimistic with it the root riot dried out and I dont know if I caught it in time .

the 6th and 7th picture is of my alcohol reclamation system ,this was the first time I have tried it ,its in the barn and the barn is still standing lol, I left the stall open so plenty of air , I ran the rice cooker with water in it to check the temp while cooking it got up to 180 degrees perfect for evaporating alcohol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rwise this was the first trial ,it worked a little but I think if I create a seal between rice cooker and copper it will improve, I was hoping that it would produce enough pressure to force steam into coil ,I got a little but when I lifted the cover a ton of vapor came out ,I have 2 jars of duff and 2 2 ounce jars one cbd and 1 sativa

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          starramus yes I did run a cable ,I must of miss wired one of the connectors because once I rewired it it worked

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          Watch out for the revenuers, coming for your still

oldjarhead100 I really like your cellar it brings me back to our first rental home which had a cellar underground.

My new WW auto seed soaked and towel 24hrs. No cracked yet
        Last edited by SoOrbudgal; 01-08-2020, 12:51 PM.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal In the past I didn't have any trouble with new420guy's WW seeds just some of the other strains. Good luck to you!

The Purple Maze Kush I had entered in the solo cup grow off never germinated. I exhumed the corpse, and replanted an Amnesia Lemon Kush seed that I salvaged from the grinder. Also planted another ALK I retrieved from the jar on the side of the same cup as a back up. Gave up on the PMK on the 5th, and planted the ALK the same day. "She" (hopefully) popped today, and looks quite vigorous after coming out of the grinder. She's coming to get ya!

Name:	IMG_0774.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	364433

Comment

2nd dud so far she is a no show, i'll transplant anyway put her in the solo cup with a clear dome hat. She'll sit once again in warm area till she decides she wants to come out from under her covers. When I least expect her to she'll pop out fingers crossed.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Having the same problem - still waiting for something to show.

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            I had one like that recently, it stayed damp for like 5 or 6 days but never came up. It didn't decide to germinate until I reused the cup and soil it was in to pot a clone, then it was like Miracle on 420 Street and she came on up on Christmas.

I'm really not that bothered anymore, my frustration ended when I harvested my 1st Black Cherry punch this morning. Was abit edgy over it but looking at my harvest on this plant cheered me up.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations it's always better to have some jars.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Mr.furley I'm staring at the 2nd one now, i'm waiting for my helper " after I finish my coffee " was my answer.

Right.
          Here we go. Three seeds in coffee filters with H2O2 and Hannah Solo. Hannah is getting one of the seeds. The other two will be my next crop. They are Purple Hulk autos from MSNL.
          I was pondering a different medium and nutes than I've been using. In the end, I'm going to use the same soil and nutes. Only differences will be use of a 600 watt LED with veg/bloom switches on loan from a neighbor, and I'll be upping the nutes. There hasn't been a nute issue since I've been growing. I figure a close eye and a bit more fish squeezins will give me better results. Also better genetics.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

Still no cloners with roots? I figured at least a couple people would have roots leaving plugs by now. It looks like my method may not leave me too many days behind.

Here's my likeliest contender, Alaskan Purple showing loads of baby nubs.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200109_181049.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.03 MB ID:	364649

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200109_181110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	364650
            Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 01-09-2020, 07:24 PM. Reason: ETA The shiny stuff on the leaves is crystallized acid from the pH Down. I'm not going to wipe it off.

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! Nice job FBL!

• Woodsman67
              Woodsman67 commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually stepped back to rethink cloning. Still hoping to start one this weekend. Alot can grow in a solo cup in 60 plus days

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm done with the dome and the light and the plugs and the gel and powder and misting and trimming leaves and the vents and filling troughs in the pan so it wicks up from the bottom and all the other bullshit that goes along with it. They root just fine in a simple cup of water and I can easily check to see if/when the roots start growing. Doing everything optimally will get roots at least a couple of days sooner but I'm not a commercial grower so that means pretty much nothing to me. I will probably buy or build an aeroponic setup if I start to get tired of the method I'm using now but it's so easy like this I don't know when that might be.

Got a good feeding tonight, she will either get tip burn or a boost of go-grow something.

Name:	20200109_212741.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	364735
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

The Good,the Bad, and the Ugly...I have a staggered germination going on..Good-2 started out fine after hitting coco, Bad-seems like the next 4 have a real problem shedding their shell husk. One of them even shed her shell but was trapped in a condom(lol) that i didnt see till i used my microscope. My wife had to help with that operation...hahaha.(2 picks, a razor and a magnifying glass) she doesnt even smoke. Got me a good-un right there...lol. The Ugly- biggest,fattest,best looking seed of them all----i think i might have drowned it. Soaked it in water for 10 hrs, it split open so put it in paper towel and a baggie, same as the other 4 that rooted but nothing ever came out of the shell.
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                A wife who is a non-smoking grow partner who will even help with harvest and trimming is a treasure, indeed.

I have my 30 gallon Res ready to go just waiting on a new ph and tds pen ,they are supposed to be here tonight I added storage solution to then in June when I shut down but they wern't wet when I went to use them,so I just ordered 2 more
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

We have had a failure to launch over here at mission control.

The sprouts are not coming up. I skipped the CFCs and put them under the 600w MH and I think I cooked them. Well, I know I cooked them.

So, three beans are in the shot glass as of 5:30 PM Eastern. One of them will be my entry.

If at first you don't succeed, drop another bean.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's the spirit! My seedlings and clones always love the HIDs but I put them about 18" further away than typical veg distance. I usually put them on the floor of the tent in the spaces between big plants for a few days then incrementally lift them to normal distance over a few more days.

• billyboy
                  billyboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I baked the clones too. I am going cup of water next time!

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You got this! Clones only need enough light to read large print by. They're not trying to grow, they're trying to not die, and rooting takes a lot less light energy than vegetation. Clones LOVE curly CFLs.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X