No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the five Purple Hulks will be planted at a later date.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

These are the 2 new growths on my revegging Gold Lemon that will be put into cups later today. One will be seed mother, one will just be a beautiful flower in a cup. Unless I kill them. Have fun peeps!
      Attached Files
      I bet Bob Marley's mansion
      has a garden in the back
      Where he's growing something special
      Some celestial homemade hash
      we'll sit down on his front porch
      And listen to the angels band
      Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Huh, so the new growth comes right out of a left over bud. Very cool photo. How long ago did you harvest her?

• Woodsman67
        Woodsman67 commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont remember exact date, but it was in November I think. It's part of my first documented grow. I monster cropped it in stages over 2 weeks and really didn't keep track. Sadly. I'm hoping using my posts to keep better track of when and what I do. Any plant that is extraordinary gets revegging and cloning then reflower

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm planning on keeping one of these GSC after harvest to try it. But I haven't even flipped it yet.

Imo go look back at your journal.

2-Fast Buds G14 & 2-Fast Buds GSC

I’ve had these seeds since April 2018 so we’ll see what germinates and go from there as to which seed I select for the challenge.
      Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Luck, old bud, I forgot and just now dropped, this morning 2 auto seeds, a Blueberry Haze from NewGuy420, and a Jack the Ripper from Zambezi seeds.in a cup of water.
        I ain't expecting much, lol, but it's gonna be fun watching everyone's progress.
        HappyNewYear ObiWan.

Grand Daddy Purple dropped after midnight

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191231_180729.jpg
Views:	1070
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	361914

Name:	IMG_20200101_002211__01.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	868.6 KB
ID:	361912

Name:	IMG_20200101_115727.jpg
Views:	1083
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	361913

Comment

Name:	IMG_0772.JPG
Views:	1116
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	361921

Planted the last of my new420guy seeds a Purple Maze Kush. Have gotten lots of males from new420 including feminized males. Is that such a thing? Last grow 2 vigorous male PMKs of course they are regulars. Didn't want to waste a good seed on this endeavor, but at least know what strain and genetics I have here maybe. I planted in a Rapid Rooter which went into Happy Frog all placed in a peat pot in case something comes up I want to actually grow. The peat cup will make for a quick and easy mission abort! It's all in a Subway water cup roughly 14 oz. I believe. Have a happy, and better than last new year.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          How the hell did I miss Klaatu? Does it shoot a laser out of it's eye? And an honorable mention for the star chart. And an honorable mention for the little high-tech toilet on your lamp base.
          Where is the 'honorable mention' button?

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          that's an Apple iPad charger plugged into the desk lamp. nothing out of the ordinary.

the celestial globe was gift from a my daughter this winter solstice. It actually rotates via photon power/ magnets. quite pricey for a nick knack. https://www.movaglobes.com/constella...hoCztgQAvD_BwE

remember these three words Klaatu Barada Nikto! https://youtu.be/G5MHNvOVl8Y
          Last edited by starramus; 01-04-2020, 05:01 PM.

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          On a cold winter day in New England, this historic thread is sustaining and enlivening me. What a colorful coven of rascals convened with their wit and wisdom for our education and entertainment!

I'm reading this little bit of GWE history for the first time and just offering a Thank You to all who took the time to participate and share your thoughts and your delightful weirdness.

Well done all.

-Grouchy
          PS:@Starramus: "klaatu barada nikto!!!"

Ah...........the possibilities............

Good luck - Bon Chance - to all my fellow contenders - pretenders - spectators - in this endeavor.

Happy New Year to all of us. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200101_095408.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	361936
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
          OlderNOTwiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Without the instruments of bondage I'd have been tricked. Nice job on your "Kodak moment".

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I would have bought it but you don't have holes in your cup. Tsk-tsk.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not trying to sell - and the holes are in the cup.

i'm still practicing with posting so if this shows up I don't want to freak you out but I was doing auto transplant this a.m. and my GDP auto from newguy420 ( non fem. seeds so it's a crap shoot) It's been in a veg. tent for nearly 4wks and I thought it looked like it was flowering but closer look and a circle of balls
        Attached Files
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't see any balls in that picture. Are you sure?

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks like balls coming out of the top and they're definitely on the first node down.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah, there it is. Good eye FunkyButtLovin

OK all you here and Gingerbeard don't you make fun of my kitties I present you with my simple cup hope my single seed pops. Of course I may embellish the cup a bit along the way
        Attached Files
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          That White Widow auto from new420 should be good to go. I've grown a couple of them.

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Now I need to stick to my resolution, and get my ass out there on the treadmill!

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          YAY! Pictures!!

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
        i'm still practicing with posting so if this shows up I don't want to freak you out but I was doing auto transplant this a.m. and my GDP auto from newguy420 ( non fem. seeds so it's a crap shoot) It's been in a veg. tent for nearly 4wks and I thought it looked like it was flowering but closer look and a circle of balls
        Too bad we can't transgender these the other way.

Comment

You want me to be nice to your decorative ornament kitties? Seriously? Have we met? Alas! They are the perfect cats! They don't poop, pee, puke, scratch, want to touch me, or purr. I wouldn't feel as bad about putting decorative ornament kitties in a shoebox and into the closet. Probably not bad at all. See? I found positives!
          What's her name? Kat-pow? Kitty Cup? Solo the Cat?
          What do you suppose would happen if you put a layer of kitty litter on top of the cup?
          See SoOrbudgal I'm being thoughtful, non-violent, respectful. Downright positive!
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Seeds I ordered for this have not come in yet. I have a White Widow (unknown sex) and a couple of Amnesia Trance Feminized I tossed into the system.

​ ​​​​
            2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
            2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
            2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
            2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

There sure is a lot of White Widow being grown. You folks get your own sub-duel.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

The Four Solo Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
                The plastic tube sticking out of the holes, and on the board, are straws I slit up one side. I jammed the straws into soil to cram in to half an inch on one end. The straw is about 3" long. A seed was dropped in the half inch end, making sure point down and filling the last half inch. Basically making a real small pot to sprout the seeds. I had already sprouted seeds on paper towel and was going to do the same sort of thing. The root would have wound up getting crushed. The little virgins got sacrificed.
                The purpose of the straw pot is to get the seedlings to grow out the hole in the cap on each end of the cup. Growing straight out the holes would have been too much tucking and sprout touching. What I'm hoping is the seed end will scoot itself out the end and start growing up. And hopefully the root will make same-same and head out and down. The seed is on the inside/soil side/toward-the-middle-side/center of the FoSoHoApo. How I work this into my tent with my next auto and Solo will need a diagram and bar chart. Perhaps... something else...The FoSoHoApo will have to remain directly under the LED for success.
                The end is nigh!
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very original. Going to be cool if all 4 sprout.

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It would be cool if one sprouts.
                  I don't know why this wouldn't work in a right-side-up orientation. I also don't know why anyone would want to try a straw pot.

19hrs = 2-4-2
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200101_210225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	362138
                The one with the larger tail went it to the cup and is dedicated as my champion.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200101_213812.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	362139
                Back on top of the light for the night.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200101_215416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	362140
                You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ok, 2 of 4 seeds cracked while soaking in water(put them in solos tonight 1in coco and 1 in Berger grow mix). other two(GG#4) are now in paper towels in baggies on my router. Went back to work on my set-up. Here's pic's of my Solo Cups evolution this past month. and my final set-up!
                  Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                  Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                  6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                  Canna Coco/perlite
                  General Hydroponics Flora Series
                  Cal/Mag.

Tent
                  Bruce Banner
                  Kushy Kush
                  2Cookies and cream

Comment

• billyboy
                    billyboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Snaps for that cool rig! We are going to need good support so they don't tip over. And I think a fairly constant feed will be needed. Will show mine when the beans get into the cup.

• homegrown
                    homegrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hey oldjarhead100, its a peat,bark,organics,perlite mix i picked up at a nearby grow shop here in Canada(using in my current grow). Only thing available at the time..comes in a bail like peat moss. The large grow-ops around me are using it in massive quantities in their greenhouses. Thought i'd give it a try.. I have 2 fiber pots with Berger mix ,rinsed and cal/mag'd And Two with Coco coir/perlite rinsed and cal/mag'd. Both look quit similar(except for the odd coco hair) BUT..it appears the Berger mix retains moisture longer than the coco. Price wise, Berger is half the price of coco coir. So for this new grow, im doing 2 photos and 4 autos..I'll do 1 photo and 2 autos in berger and the same in coco. compare final product.

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice job on the cup holder.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X