Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Crop 5.0 first grow

Hi,
    I started this grow from seed, using the Cash Crop 5.0 with LED lights. I have read so much negative about this grow box, that I really thought I had wasted my money. This is my very first grow, seeded 2 strawberry sour diesel seeds in rapid rooters, and achieve germination. week 2 of Veg using RX Grow and Rx Bloom A - B, for my Nuts I ran into root rot in one plant, and plant had slumped over. I changed the water, lowered the nuts, and added 2mi of Hydroguard to the mix. 3 days after the finding of the root rot, plant was reaching back up toward the lights, and good white roots was growing again.
    I am now in the 16 day of flowering and so far so good. My only concern is I don't see a male plant with either one as of yet....What do you think?
    Attached Files

Hi Allmyown

I can't tell sorry (boys) keep using the hydroguard it's fantastic stuff. I wish those middle plants weren't so leggy. but the others look good.
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Do you want a boy plant? Most growers are happy not to have one. 16 days into bloom cycle, you should be seeing signs of sex. How old were plants when you flipped to bloom cycle?

Comment

Hi Insomniaczzz,

So far I am very happy not to see a boy plant out of the 2 that I am growing. The concern is this is my very first grow, I just want to make sure I am good with 2 females otherwise this could end bad for me. I veg 4 weeks before flipping to flower. But believe the root rot had slowed things up some. Yet I have been told i am doing great so far, and things are where they suppose to be for Strawberry sour diesel

Comment

Hmm. Language barrier?
          SSD

Comment

GROW UPDATE

Both plants are girls........Strawberry sour diesel 27 days into flowering
            Attached Files

Comment

Why would you be expecting boys? You really have to try hard to hermie a feminized seed unless it's from a dodgy breeder! Plants looking great matie,you will very happy with your first grow My grow kit was also cheap and i read/got told/figured i wasted quite a few extra pennies!So far vacuum effect on tent walls is perfect,water does not go through it in->out nor out->in,light IS visible from outside when lights are on and just a while ago i checked from the Velcro opening to see whats going on in there and the only thing i could see is the slight reflection of the opening i made to look in from,couldn't even see my fan 30cm(12") in front of me which is white and should reflect the slightest light coming in!! I would like it if it was more strongly built...my dog could bend the metal parts and my Sputnik reflector is heavy enough for it,wouldn't try the Spudnik with this tent~nor leds for that matter lol! Gorilla Tents man,anything else is just lesser!
              Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
              600W

LED
              2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
              BioBizzLight Mix
              Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
              Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
              Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
              CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
              Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Hi Nartak,

Appreciate those comments brother. I was looking out for males cause I didn't research good enough and bought 10 strawberry sour diesel reg seeds. But very happy these two plants are female. So far for my first grow ever, and starting off with Hydro, I feel i am doing a damn good job. This site is awesome, and I have just been keeping it basic and following the information from here. RX Grow N Bloom seem to be working great for me, and I add 2mi of Hydroguard to every water change for my roots.
                So far I am pleased mostly with the Cash Crop 5.0 LED system, its very easy to grow in and maintain, but the setback is the grow space could never grow as many plants as they have built it to grow. 6 plants? As you can see from the photos I am only growing 2, and they are already filling grow space, no room for really training. I would never feel comfortable trying to grown more than 3 plants max in the Cash Crop 5.0.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  if you are starting regular seeds. once they have 3 sets of leaves increase humidity and a little extra N and you will get more females than males. my friend and I tried this and out of 10 seeds he got 2 females and I got 7 so it did work.

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oldjarhead is there ANY written evidence of this? For we all know it cannot be messed with in that way,only reverse sexing...

strawberry sour diesel at day 35 of flowering in the cash crop 5.0 led

Comment

well been a minute since I updated....My grow went to hell about two and half weeks ago. I discovered that one of the plants was in fact a male. The hurting part was it is the plant that never gave me a problem, and was nice and full of good strong fan leafs. The plant that had the root rot, turns out to be a female. At first my disappointment made me want to scratch the whole grow, just start over. Yet this is my first grow, and ive learn a lot from it. I still had one plant that was a female for sure, and I still need to experience harvesting, drying, and curing. I decided to continue with this one plant for the experience. I have no idea how much bud it will yield, but you beat i am going to harvest it and sure enjoy smoking it lol
                  Anyway, here is the pictures of that one plant at 50 days flowering......
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oh man sorry to hear you had these problems!!It's a pitty they were doing really nice!! Loving your spirit though brother,it is beautiful to finish what you started,even if there's less of yaz since the start!! That looks like it is going to be one beautiful bud-plant or am i getting a wrong angle for the pics? Very nice man!!
                    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                    600W

LED
                    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                    BioBizzLight Mix
                    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Well little update for you.....As we know i started out with two plants of strawberry sour diesel from seed. Due to one of those plants which was the strongest one, turn out to be a male so i pulled it. The plant that is left just hit its 70th day in flowering. from the uploaded pics you can see the buds are there, nice and covered in sweet sugar, only to me they seem to be ripping slower than normal.
                      To me it looks like i have about another week, before i should start my flush? Also i have cut 2 hrs off of the plant light cycle, so instead of 12/12, i now have my timer set to 10/14, to see if this will speed up the ripping? Question: it looks like my main cola top nearest the light will be ready for harvest first, with the other flowers still needed some time to develop more. Can i harvest in sections cutting pieces off at a time without killing the plant?

Comment

Getting closer... best bet would be to use magnification(loupe, digital camera) to look at the tricomes on the plants-look for the ends of the 'sparklies' and see it they are clear, milky or amber colored. Clear is to early, milky is almost there and having a FEW ambers mixed in is what I shoot for. I usually start a final flush about 10 days before anticipated harvest date. I don't see any reason to cut light hours-the plant is in flower and needs light to grow so reduced hours cuts energy to the plant. I have also done harvesting in stages-cut the mature bits and leave the rest on the plant to finish up-works just fine.
                        WHAT???
                        5x5 grow space
                        900w of Vero's and F-strips
                        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• allmyown
                          allmyown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          gbauto appreciate brother

Yes you can harvest in sections, not all of the plant will ripen at the exact same time. Some outdoor growers growing massive plants harvest 3-4+ times cutting about a foot or so off at a time and then waiting a week or two for the newly exposed stuff to ripen a bit more before harvesting some more.
                        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                        600W HPS
                        Coco
                        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

hi, i just got the cash crop 5.0 lol i really think this box is way too damn small for 6 plants. I dont know why they say it can fit 6 plants easily. I modded mine to a 4 gallon as well because i felt the reservoir is too small but how much did you yield from this harvest? just curious... I am on week 1 of veg and i feel the light is too weak as well. Any suggestions for this box?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X