Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna nutrients and 600W grow light

Hello GWE,

I have ordered and setup most of my gear for my first attempt in growing.I have read GWE over and over,watched countless videos and talked with friends that have exp on the subject.

Base : I will be growing in a ECOBOX 1.5x1.5x2 with a 4pot(11lt) 30lt tank wilma system and only clay pebbles.
    Lights : I will be using a 600w MH for veg and a 600w HPS(non agro) for flower.
    Fans : One small office fan for the girls and ventilation only extraction w/ carbon filter (Fan 400lt/h Vacuum Effect Achieved already)
    EC meter and Ph meter separate and a in/out temp + humidity meter.
    Nutes(in written order) : Canna Start,Canna Hydro Vega,Canna Hydro Flores+Canna PK13/14.
    Girls : I have decided to try Church as i have read many times it's dummy/newbie tolerant,doesn't go tall and has a nice yield...Any opinions are welcome,although the seeds are a week away...

I went with Church because i have about 50-60cm from the pots till the lights when their up all the way so i also have been carefully going through Nebula's Manifolding teq,maybe just top them and LST them,not sure yet...

I have a segment 30min timer and a 15min one,the 30min one i will use the lights on and the 15min one on the wilma for feeding.

Fan will always be on,right? also i have not added a green bulb as i read working with the girls lights on only (besides topping at night for hormones?)

Now i've been having trouble with how im gonna start feeding,and by that i mean,the bottles only have french on them and the schedules are kinda generic if you know what i mean...

For example Canna Start in the company's schedule is used 20-40ml from seedling(?) to the first week and 40ml on the second week of its life(seedling is with a first set of true leaves right?)
    Then it goes to Veg and uses Vega for 4 weeks and switches to Flores...Any way what i can't figure out is how much to use for example placing my babies in the clay first time,do i put 60ml of canna start in the tank (20 for every 10ltrs?) and since i will be flushing the tank every week ill just leave it there and change the amount for the second week?

Also i know i can use the timer to feed them but is it ok if i feed them when lights on manually ? Im gonna be in there only lights on from what i read and only lst before feeding/watering(read the stem is softer then) so i can also feed them then,right?

Sorry for the way ive written this if it seems like an official cry for help,but it prolly is lol!!!

Also has anyone manifolded or topped to fill a tent like mine?(I already made the pvc scrog i will use also)...

Thats what i have in my chest at the moment,im waitting for the girls to arrive,after i secure everything i will post some pics,prolly not many but the set and setup most likely...
    Last edited by Nartak; 01-02-2017, 07:34 PM.
    Is No More

Came to the right place Nartak start out small the first grow is a nail biter. You have help here!

Good luck

600 w light you can only get so much a plant, do you want a certain amount? figure it out first.
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Originally posted by Karlee View Post
      Came to the right place Nartak start out small the first grow is a nail biter. You have help here!

Good luck

600 w light you can only get so much a plant, do you want a certain amount? figure it out first.
      Hey,thanks for the reply!!

Well i know the written amounts on seed sites are nasa equipment based(lmao) so if i.e Church carries a 800g/m² rep,i was hoping to get from 4 of them in 2.25m² about a kg or so,anything more than 600 for the space i have!!

For the wattage i will upgrade to Lumatek Ballast 600/750/1000 ,1000sonlite agro for flower,a 1000w MH for veg and most likely a good cfl for germ->veg,but that needs this first step to be a nice one forward to my learning about cannabis and its interaction with me ^_^

Not getting crazy glory feelings but i was told that i could do 12 oucnes if i touched nothing on the plants and just scroged them,but if i actually manifold them,i could double,perhaps even more !?!?!

KISS yes yes i know,keeping it simple stupid,but cmon,trying is half way huh
      Is No More

Comment

• morgan55
        morgan55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am nearing the end of my first grow, using Nugbucket's manifolding tutorial on GWE. My results have been excellent. Next, I'm gonna try Nebula's modification for faster time-to-flower. Good luck--the effort is worth it in keeping plants manageable and increasing yield.

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey morgan thanks for the reply!!Do you have pictures of your manifolded babies?

1000 watt for flower you could do better then my 8 or 9 oz. a plant with the 600 w. I like the t5's for veg. I use it to heat up tent and leave it on 24/7 . Baby steps and keep a gallon of ph'd water all the time at 6.00

You're going to love this!
      Bubblehead
      4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
      4 Cures and a Life time gardener
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you say this to me then just incase i messed up my tank /or need to flush the pots?

• Karlee
        Karlee commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure fix a mistake as soon as possible and the plants won't notice LOL

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahah cheeky u!!Im hoping thats the case days now but it's not !!Still trying to please all four of them seems impossible !!!

I use the Canna aqua line too. I didn't give seedling strength nutes until they were about 2 weeks old and followed the schedule from there. Check out my "First Grow Journal" if ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by Pankace View Post
        I use the Canna aqua line too. I didn't give seedling strength nutes until they were about 2 weeks old and followed the schedule from there. Check out my "First Grow Journal" if ya want.
        Hey Pankcake,im not using the canna aqua as i haf leftover from a friend and just added a 500ml bottle of each,i know Hydro series is for RTW system but i can run the Vega+Flores to waste while keeping Canna Start in the start and CAnna Pk13/14 at flower,in the tank!
        Is No More

Comment

• Pankace
          Pankace commented
          Editing a comment
          Man with the plan! You're gonna do awesome at this. I haven't used it yet but I'll be using Canna Boost and the PK 13/14 soon.

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you use Canna start? Also did u really use up all that dosage from the bottle? 1:250?

Originally posted by Karlee View Post
        1000 watt for flower you could do better then my 8 or 9 oz. a plant with the 600 w. I like the t5's for veg. I use it to heat up tent and leave it on 24/7 . Baby steps and keep a gallon of ph'd water all the time at 6.00

You're going to love this!
        Haha yea i will when i get the 1000w lights in,for now im enjoying the 600w MH HPS i have!!!

8oz a plant is legit for first pop i believe,if manifolding/scroging them boost that also,i could be looking at a good 800g,again this is not for sale nor a standar market,this is to put smiles on peoples faces and start my Green adventures (using all the plant for the uses it has,cooking,oil exctraction etc)!
        Is No More

Comment

1kg from a 600W would be pretty impressive but I don't think 35 ounces from a 600W would be a realistic harvest expectation.

A gram per Watt is what many growers hope to achieve and would be a more realistic target. Once you get there you can try to improve from there.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Originally posted by OzBud View Post
            1kg from a 600W would be pretty impressive but I don't think 35 ounces from a 600W would be a realistic harvest expectation.

A gram per Watt is what many growers hope to achieve and would be a more realistic target. Once you get there you can try to improve from there.
            What about the 2.25m² of scrog? 600 is good enough for my needs,just wondering is the square footage plays role...
            Is No More

Comment

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              To me I don't think it would make much difference, the light can only put out so many lumens. I think 1.5x1.5 is at the far end of the area a 600W can cover and the edges might not receive a great amount of light.

I've only done one grow though someone with more experience might disagree.

Learn how to achieve the elusive "1 gram per watt" yield with your grow lights by following this tutorial!
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• Nartak
              Nartak commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes all the guides from here have been printed and pinned on the Schedule Board in the Op room hehe ^_^

Well,don't even know how to begin this...

It's been a month since i joined GWE and ordered my babies,set up their cradle and started dreaming - In this past month failures of delivery ,power surges during environment testing,wrong nutes due to wrong site and a general funky ride if i may....

Changed the nutes,got the babies in today (surprisingly fast delivery by zamnesia of 4 working days) ,cleaning workspace and organizing tools at the moment...Finally time to get jolly

I would love to post picture updates but im holding back due to no https on the forum and a high risk of busting my crop due to the country im in so i think you guys might never see the girls..Will certainly look into picture encryption and upload but not promising anything...

I will be posting updates when possible!!
            Is No More

Comment

Good morning GWE,so excited already and i can't even see the seeds where i've put them but the feeling in my chest is overwhelming and ecstatic
              Phed (5.5) the cubes and popped 4 Church seeds yesterday,in a small dome,4 small black potties with the rooting cubes in the corner of my grow space under a 600w MH (about 60cm away from plant height,80cm in actual angle).

Dome temps have been moving around a bit from last night,they started off at 26.0 - 26.7C with 77% Humidity,i decided im gonna put a dry fan in the center of the room (just a 7cm fan one) blowing on the dome and moved the dome to the corner of the room...Instantly Humidity went to 82% which is where it has stayed stable up until now and temps were 25.5 - 26.5C last night and moved up to 26 - 26.7C last check a while ago..

Im happy with the humidity but i did sprinkle phed water over the not so drying cubes this morning,just to make sure a couple drops in each seed hole...
              I know it wont matter at the moment but since it lasts 6 months i decided to use the co2 generating bag already but my co2meter.com thingy isn't working,i hope it's just a bad battery coz it takes time for it to come over :/

Im unsure as to how i should treat the seedlings once sprouted,should i put the seedling with a coty leaf in the pebbles it will be for its life span or should i wait a bit more? the dome isn't as tall(prolly get me couple nodes maximum) and the MH is as far as possible which worries me about stretching,i can't afford a single cm of loss :S
              Is No More

Comment

Wait until the root pops out of the bottom of the rooting cube. I think this is far more important than what's happening up top.

Setup sounds great! Wish I could see it!

Comment

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I actually just started reviwing my security so i can upload here or to another source and post the link but my camera charging cable is gone and my mobile aint got a camera good enough,i really want to get to share pics coz thats the whole idea of the community,eyes on sight ,as nebula has said about crops,she feels like being there and i would love a couple minds on here to have a look into my room...I will try find a way...

On the seedling matter,the cubes are not deeper than 3 fingers or so but im worried it wont make it lower sooner than it will reach the dome ceiling,you think? if it's 1/3 out the ground,2/3 in yeah it will make it to be short enough not to touch the plastic lid...

• Royal Nugs
                  Royal Nugs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't germinate with a dome so I can't speak to that...

• ZigZag
                  ZigZag commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just want to second what Royal Nugs said_ pay attention to the roots_ they are what will establish the most growth potential at this stage.
                  If they have problems you'll have nothing but problems from then on. Later when the leaves start coming on strong they will generate a lot of new growth through the photosynthetic process. Cheers. You've got the "Get Growing" bug for sure_ you're in trouble now dude!

Update on germination Day 2.

Humidity has been 82% all the way,i've turned the dry fan off because it lowered humidity and took the light all the way left of the room opposite side of the germ dome.Temps were nice in the morning till late evening (25 - 25.8C) and after 7pm hit 23.8 up to 24.6C!!

The NEWS IS WE HAVE GROWTH on 3/4 seeds!!Check in the light to see in the hole what was i seeing,coz MH can seem white on the seed shell buried in the cube but,there they were,three sweet lil wigly worms bout the size of a bad diet weekend pimple lol!!Will keep an eye on the 4th one,maybe it needs the steady 25's to germ so tomorrow it will be popped,it def will ^_^
                Is No More

Comment

Success is on the way. Congrats on the sproutlets!!

Comment

• Nartak
                    Nartak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanking youuuuu Haertbeating n sweatin underwear (not that you can use that info lol)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X