HighTech curing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HighTech curing...

Using some new bags for curing my buds from Grove Bags. A new company ? Does it work ? Time will tell but call me old fashion but I prefer my old Mason jars. What I don't like about this product it's made out of plastic, but it is my opinion. So they say it retain the humidity between 58-62 % again time will tell. Here the site if you what to know more, oh yes it's also a USA company.

Grove Bags equips growers & consumers to efficiently preserve their quality from Cultivation to Consumption with USA-Made Packaging powered by TerpLoc®

Cheers,

FarmBuck
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

I've 'donated' for prepacked weed in these bags from dispensaries and deliveries. Ain't knowin' nothin' 'bout curin'?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

So you dried and now are curing it out in the bags. The bags are replacing burping jars? I’m subbed in, let us know how these turn out. Thanks for sharing this!
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

if you guys are into curing check out automated curing systems, imagine an air pump with lines that go into buckets (food save ones) and the buckets have pressure valves to release the air, so once a day the air inside the bucket gets pushed out by new air. do this during a couple of weeks and then its ready for storage

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Supposedly these bags do the same plus regulate RH with no need for mechanical parts or pumps. The material itself allows for this gas exchange.

Just saying, I'm testing only 2 bags versus my Mason jars so I wont know for a few weeks. One bag I will still burp it, for the other bag I will keep it seal. So will see !! For the price well it's about the same as the jar.

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Typical salesman: slick, greasy and exaggerated.

So basically it's saying you still have to put the buds in mason jars so the moisture disperses evenly throughout the buds before you put it in the bags. But supposedly no need for burping or anything but waiting for the cure to be done. Curious to see how these work too, keep us posted.

Comment

So far I'm not seeing any change but then it's being only a few days....
          Full auto grow

Comment

Looking forward to hearing about this. If I get a big enough yield, I might run one or two of these vs my jars.
            Gorilla 3x3
            LEC 315
            Kind Soil
            Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I won't buy it cuz it's plastic. I'll stick with glass jars.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Is the inside of the bag plastic lined?

im not anti-plastic, or anything like that, but my concern is the plastics deterioration the THC crystals that are in contact with the plastic. Not all plastics will do that, but what kind of plastic they used would be useful info before I would buy.
                There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• s62
                  s62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Plastics also can have a static charge that will tank away trichomes over time. I’ll probably stick to glass.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you scroll down on the home page and click on all the layers, they address all these issues plus more.

• s62
                  s62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, Toker! I’ll check that out

So far after 4 days my test sample (critical from RQS) is fresh, no lost of terpene and the HR is between 54-58% about the same HR as my mason & my 62% Boveda pouch.
                Full auto grow

Comment

Very Interesting thanks for posting
                  You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered 50 of the ounce size to test out. Will let you know what I think.

Comment

• s62
                      s62 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Awesome! Looking forward to hearing about it.

Ok Kool Spidermite !! I've got only 2 bags for testing, so keep us post

Cheers,

FarmBuck
                    Full auto grow

Comment

• Spidermite
                      Spidermite commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will definitely let you know. If they work out well I will be ordering by the thousands for the cbd/hemp farm. They will even print our labels for us.

• s62
                      s62 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I see that they do pound bags, which I bet would make your life a lot easier!

• Spidermite
                      Spidermite commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes very much easier

Ok I got my 50 1 ounce bags yesterday. I have 3 plants coming down so I'll do half jars and half bags. I also have the spoils from the last 9 plants just finishing their 3 week in jars. I'm gonna split that between bags and jars also. I will set one jar and one bag aside to check at 6 months and then a year. I will have them tested for terpenes and loss of thc and other cannaboids once at 6 months and once at a year. So we will see if their claims are true. If they hold up to the hype I'll start packaging the cbd/hemp in 1 pound bags with preprinted labels and logos. Will save me a hell of alot of time if they work.

Comment

• Farmbuck
                      Farmbuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes keep us posted..... As for me so far I don't see much difference between the bags and the mason jars with a Boveda. A bit early to tell !!

• Spidermite
                      Spidermite commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will keep everyone up to date. I'm hoping they work well. Then I can order them with preprinted logos etc.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                      LurkingInTheGrass commented
                      Editing a comment
                      logos?
                      please, please, please be a Giant Rooster with 2 basketballs

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X