No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so all of my girls are preflowering I guess. I mean there’s pistols coming out so how long until they’re actually flowering? Newguy said it’s start flower around 35 days. Is preflower still just preflower with autos or are they about to start flowering? Thanks for any info
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Preflowers are individual male or female “flowers” usually only one pistil or one pollen sack per side of each branch intersection, if the main grow tips are forming pistil crowns then it is flowering, preflowers just mean they showing sex and are hormonally ready to reproduce, I imagine in autos should be relatively the same

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay I was just making sure. So I’ve still got a little over a week before they should start stretching. Roughly. Thanks 9fingerleafs

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome my good friend

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	281056 33 days from seed time to trim and lst.
    Last edited by buckets; 01-02-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope I'm 100% wrong (so please correct me if I am), but you may be having a pests issue. Either that or a deficiency. Have you had a closer look at your leaves?

Might need some nitrogen just a touch

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed

yes there was a complication hopefully it is corrected the leaves are turning greener now. I believe it was a nitrogen prob.
    I am using coco perilite and to start I thought there was nutes . there wasn't . Thanks for you help this is my 3rd time growing.

Comment

Day 34, on my sweet tooth autos. Time for a trim and some tie down. Kinda reminds me of going to a barber shop in the 60's. "There's your just a little off the top ya damn hippy" Click image for larger version

Name:	auto.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	281214Click image for larger version

Name:	auto 1.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	281215 .

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't aware of that Mcubed thanks I always just top once because they go into flower so soon I need to trim and tie today so I will try that

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome OJH! Like I said, this has just been my experience personally, but it does seem to hold true out of 6 grows so far.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll take experience over written every time lol

Thanks guys. As far as when they flower, I always like to say "If I was in a hurry I'da been here yesterday"

Comment

Saturday again! Today is day 26 for the Bubba Kush Auto, and she is looking good! She is taking to training wonderfully, but she is a little taller than I would like her to be.

Finally bought an SD card for my camera to take real timelapses, but I can't get the video to load on here. I'll go back to the way I did timelapses in the future, but it's cool for me to watch I guess lol.

She's looking pretty dark green, possibly too much N, so I will cut back just a bit on the nutes. Other than that she looks healthy and strong.

Using:
        1.5 tsp of silica Blast 1 tsp of CalMag
        1/2 tsp of Megacrop
        1/4 tsp sweet candy

And here's a pic of the whole tent. That gorilla glue is coming down Monday whether it wants to or not lol

​​​​​​Have a great Saturday everyone!

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Headbanger at 44 days, in preflower, can you pick which top is the main?
        White Widow at 43 days, now getting UVB at 1 hour times, will be increased.
        White Moscow (the freak) at 43 days
        Himalaya Blue Diesel at 13 days
        Snowryder at 11 days
        The Sweet Tooth died at just a few hours old, the second seed has not yet sprouted, fingers crossed, and a new warming pad is now in use.
        I ask before why these plants are growing limbs like crazy, nobody responded, so I will answer my own question. It is because of the light arrangement. I start them with 4 (28w) CFLs above them not 1, so they get light from all sides (look at the Himalaya Blue Diesel pic 4). I also cover the bottom 3-4" of the plants once tall unuf to make more roots (limbs can/will be underground). The White Moscow had no center, with twin tops she has been pulled out and the flat area covered, again to grow more roots.
        And the clone, can you say bug damage? (bug not found) Plan for it now is to put it in another area, spray it with colloidal silver and make some female Headbanger seed!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that wire rack for tieing them down

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I put the cages around them because I was afraid the home made bags would split, they certainly come in handy! The ties are solid copper 12 awg thhn, bends easily, and just as easy to straighten back out, oh it was a drop out of the recycle bin,,,

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I agree w OJH! Sweet girls!

It was bondage day in Mass yesterday the first two pictures and the last are of Mutant Louie still putting out 3 way nodes,I tried to do before and after but I think they are all mixed up
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          OJH, you are a master brother! What’s the mini pots they’re all in about?

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 Looking good mate

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          those are one gallon fabric pots ,I think it stresses them out alot less when transplanting I cut slits in the fabric and drop them in, I do try to transplant as soon as the leafs hit the edge ,because when I slice the pot there are never any roots near the edge ,

Had a little scare with the girls but I think things are turning around. No longer using 400w MH but 192w t5. Just too much heat otherwise. I’d like to try to still use the 400w HPS for when flowering sets in but only if I can control temps. Guess we’ll see. Ugh. Poo. Oh well, they’re still alive. Day 28.

Picture order: pic 1 from last Saturday, pic 2 midweek Wednesday, pic 3 today, pic 4....well it’s pic 4

Name:	FAB7B457-72E3-450F-AFC8-26A73A137934.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	281634Click image for larger version

Name:	DEA69BBA-0423-4BDE-87CE-3DC791B7271B.jpeg
Views:	298
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	281635Click image for larger version

Name:	22EC1B1E-E187-4379-822A-161470051DB3.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	281637Click image for larger version

Name:	C1EA9212-3B63-4721-B8EA-FE675BD49324.jpeg
Views:	369
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	281636
        “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good Juicy, Love Waldow,lol

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks all!

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          looking great wow you can see the growth from Wed to Sat

Things are doing great!

Thing 1 is chugging along, preflowering nicely.

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_75077436740078_20190104_153036019.jpeg
Views:	334
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	281674

Thing 2 may be a contender for fastest finish, shes in full flower mode. Wont be a monster but hopefully a wonderful smoke.

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_75095613667206_20190104_153054196.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	281675

Forgot what days their on.

Comment

• bhaskaraphoenix
          bhaskaraphoenix commented
          Editing a comment
          They look great! mine is like that too, one out of three flowering like crazy while the other two just starting.

Good day everyone - past week I have foliar fed twice and watered this morning with nutes. The group pics are a before watering and after a couple hours.
        Very happy with the way they look today - 2 fuzzy pics of thing 3 so I won't post those - thing 1 has multiple bud sites - thing 2 would have had more had I not broke a branch. Tied her down on Thursday night and she was fine, but in the morning - branch was laying on the soil - too late and too much broke off to try and tape. Rather have the plants energy going to the healthy parts at this point rather than healing.
        Attached Files
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

...AND HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL!!

my Things:
          Royal Gorilla Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds)
          50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis
          56-70 days after germination

Thing 1
          34 days from seed

Name:	IMG_20190105_203405.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	281767Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190105_203415.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	281768

She has been doing great, accepting the training
          currently, she has 9 tips. remember when I topped her, and missed and FIM'd her instead? - well she sorted it out into 3 lovely tips - as if I had done nothing to her Click image for larger version

Name:	hmmmm.gif
Views:	307
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	281769
          just trying to keep her growth on a level plane

Thing 2
          28 days from seed

Name:	IMG_20190105_204353.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	381.6 KB
ID:	281770Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190105_204343.jpg
Size:	1,003.1 KB
ID:	281771

Ay Caramba
          poor Thing 2, she was in a "almost no touching" quarantine for 3 days. I started training to early, and almost broke her stem

It was like I had her in 'old timey' ski accident traction - holding her up, so the stem stayed straightish, pulling the tip down (because I had already started)

so - here she is, with a slight, almost unnoticeable crook in her back
          she can stand on her own - the ties you see are holding branches, more than they are holding weight
          I can tap on that knuckle, it firmed up so much in the last day. there was no tapping on it the first 2 days, it was just mush, in a tube. I thought she was done for

Name:	IMG_20190105_204324.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	794.6 KB
ID:	281772

Name:	IMG_20190105_204400.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	679.5 KB
ID:	281773

Name:	IMG_20190105_204443.jpg
Size:	826.0 KB
ID:	281774

been trolling around other grow journals - looks like these guys start showing pistils around day 35 ish, so not even looking

Lurking

Name:	ganjamon.gif
Views:	311
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	281775

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last year I started some autos in August and when those were almost done I started more ,well the temps dropped and it stunted them all ,Now I have plywood and insulation on floor and heating pads if needed , I was surprised at how easily they could be stunted so this year I'm making sure they have no stress whatsoever

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s not a sprint...it’s a marathon brother👍🏿

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            @oldjarhead100

when you say stunted - they finished short, and less than expected? how bad did the temps drop (freeze?)

just trying to figure out how far I can manipulate the auto's

Hey guys sorry I'm late I couldn't post cause some stuff happened or well thought might happen but ended up not happening so my beans poped on Dec 9 out of soil after germinating about 2 days in bath tissue inside a dvd case.

I'm just looking to join in for fun don't care about winning. You all have some awesome looking plants I see!

I've got 3 Mephisto Sour Livers (Sour Crack x The Livers)
          Diy 276 True Watt Cfl Grow Light (12 23watt bulbs, there cheap around $10 shipped each 4-Pack)
          3 Gallon Smart Pots
          Roots Organic Original Soil
          2x2x4 Tent
          4" duct fan and carbon filter (Haven't put Carbon Filter in yet.)
          Timer set to 20 on 4 off
          Digital Thermometer and Humidity Reader
          General Hydroponics Ph Up and Down

I bought most of this stuff on Ebay and Amazon the tent was $37 shipped on Ebay and even cheaper now.

I use tap water which has just regular Chlorine in it so I leave the cap off my gallon jugs at least 24 hours to evaporate the Chlorine, the ph runs high at 8 so I use Ph Down to bring it down to between 6.2 and 6.5 before watering.

I do have some General Hydroponics Flora Bloom fert I got today but haven't used that or any fert just what soil came with in it and ph'd water.

Here are some pics there all definately different phenos in terms of there growth I think. All preflowering but the smaller one on the right more rapidly preflowering.

I am using 8 2700k bulbs and 4 6400k sense preflower, I was using all 6400k before.

I have been leaf training the crap out of these pretty much everyday to get all the tops I got (10 or more each plant)

Rest of pics in next post.

Comment

Newest pics, new grower here.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lurkin is right we are not really in a competition we are sharing grows to see what works and what doesn't I try to post failures as well as success ,for a new grower your doing great ,we all love DIY stuff and any ideas , I dont mean this disrespectfully but I am going to shorten your name how about BH most call me ojh although I would love to try and say it correctly one of my old employees name was gabrasalassie fiesia and I learned to say it correctly

• bhaskaraphoenix
              bhaskaraphoenix commented
              Editing a comment
              oldjarhead100 Thank you, yes I just put that cause I didn't wanna seem like I was jumping on here last min to get anything, I was around before this started and couldn't remember what all it consisted of I know some forums give away titles for comps so wasn't sure how everything was working but I'm cool with just for fun.

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually Red and I did start this as a competition. It’s for highest dry yield on your choice of plant and largest cola/bud....using a tape and not a mini lighter...lol. It is all in fun tho and learning for all.
              Those sure are purty tho👍🏿

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X