No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a bit of before and after on my trimming and training today. I know some may be skeptical about the way I’m doing these autos, but those who understand....understand fully of what’s going on. JR is in bloom, but I’m continually training her still. SR is starting to bloom a bit on her mains, but I’m still able to train her too. Here in the next couple weeks is when they are both really gonna hit their growth spurts. I’m doing my best to keep them both in veg as much as possible. The longer I can continue, the more I’ll have on the end game. In two weeks I’ll let them both go full fledge bloom. The branches on SR should be right where I’m wanting them. I should have 18 of the 22 colas I was shooting for on her.
    Well, time to water. I have company coming tonight. Let me tell you too...they sure are stinky....lmao
    🙏🏼✌🏻
    Attached Files

Comment

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice retodd! I'm so excited to see them in full bloom!

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Retodd I can`t help but think of Wile E Cyote where parachutes are concerned

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Yeah, there’s only minor bloom going on and I’m trimming and training every two day for stretch. As long as I can keep it in a bit of shock they still grow. So far there’s 14 shoots coming off JR that I’m training and SR has 22 shoots, including the 2 mains.

Gonna start a bit of lst today bend her over a bit first auto grow so going with lst

Comment

I think I may have to go ahead and let JR go into full bloom. It means that today was her last trim and train. I found out that I snapped one, but it was still alive and was able to tape her. Here’s JR for y’all. I’m not the greatest at doing a spiral train since topping her. Next spiral training I’ll do it the correct way and leave the main on. I still think she should net pretty good tho. It’s SR that I’m really putting all my effort into and time.
      Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd did the Canadian gov give out directions on training when they legalized it lol WTF thats 2 training ideas that I like where did you see this and do you have anymore great ideas

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 Nope, just a couple different techniques. To do a true spiral you don’t top your main and plant at the edge of your container and train as I spiral. Red said I should top after the second, so I did but still wanted to spiral train. I figured I’d try both at the same time as a experiment. The flux is something I studied for months. I just wanted to do methods that wouldn’t create too much height in my small tent. Both techniques will just be straight up colas coming up from ground level. Since I’m training every day or two the branches are really forgiving. Both are meant for photos, but seem to be ok so far im just going to loose weight I think. Time will tell. Remember,I live in the South...lmao

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd Morning Retodd mate, that is a very interesting grow you`ve got going there. Looking forward to seeing how you fare as I have been thinking about Fluxing for a-whiles. Looking good mate

Furley's Flat Canopy

Controlling the Stretch is a tricky one at one point you just can't pull the branches down anymore. So I use Super cropping to help out with a flat canopy. Remember kids I am growing Photoperiod plants, you can do this to a auto just
      Make sure not to over do it and until you understand how it will benefit you or how it will stress your plant out be careful.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...crop-marijuana

Alot of peeps will use Super cropping in Veg, But I have no fear of it in Flowering especially if my plants getting too close to the light

On 1/7 three tops on Thing 1 started to out grow the others so a lightly pinched the stems to soften the branch in one spot till they were floppy and easily lean over 90 degrees from the canopy and left them to be.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190114_015322.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	283919

by the next day The other tops had grown level
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190108_182507.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.15 MB ID:	283920

On 1/10 I took the 1000's post picture
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...070#post283070

And tonight I had to search hard to find the knuckle.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190114_011019.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	283921

Got to busy this weekend and my plants are underwater, clones may have died but here it is. Happy Growing all. ​​​​
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-14-2019, 09:32 AM.
      GSC (1) Feminized
      Miss Tree. (1)
      Durban Poison (1) Feminized
      Tahoe OG (1) Feminized
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...918#post283918

Never Rock the Mic with the Pantyhose

Comment

All the luvely girls! I do like all the styles that everyone is using, very nice all yall!

Comment

hears my update the first and 6th picture is of mutant Louie ,Man I hope she continues with the 3 nodes on each level .In the 3rd Picture I broke off one of the growth tip completely man that really opened her up lol gotta look at brite side the rest are a mix ,I think today I will try Retodds idea of bending them inside the pot ,

To all of the noobs this is why we do these grows I have gotten 2 new training ideas in this post , this is sharing the wealth not a competition
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah man, in the first pix just start staking next to them to get them to make turns in concentric circles, slowly going outward. Keep main branches low and just let the new growth grow up while mains grow out and low. I’m sure you know what I mean.

Training going well. No topping just lst some of these grows on here are very interesting I'm curious as to the yields and timeframes with advanced training that a few are doing. These 2 autos have pistols already so I wasn't willing to slow them down any. These are 25 days from hitting towel.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X