No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chopped the dark devil yesterday only going to get a little over a ounce I thought it would be more what its lacking in weight it makes up for in quality lol'
    the second pic is of a jack herer she is an absolute beast
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg OJH let me get some of that dark devil yeah?? šŸ˜ˆ looks to be absolutely supreme stock. Awesome work sir. Man I wish I lived where you did. Iā€™d love to see your plants in person. šŸ˜„

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 looking nice old friend, was that Dark Devil the extra large version, I doubt it , or just the regular DarkDevil ?
      Looks beautiful to me though, both of them,
      That Jack Here is killer.
      Have a great day, Ojh.
      HappyGrowing

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Daas it grew to 3 feet but buds were spaced out so when all is said and done I will have just a little over an ounce ,I know the Jack H will way out produce it lol

Today Iā€™m transplantig the two biggest healthiest seedlings. Itā€™s day 22. Iā€™m amazed how fast they grow in coco
    Click image for larger version

Name:	65F9DB33-D86A-4EE5-9226-638392370E86.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	279410Click image for larger version

Name:	83BEE801-649F-4EFA-87E5-F97016AD5DC8.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	279411Click image for larger version

Name:	AF3FF698-FA7D-4BCE-B9D0-572B5C67E9DE.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	279412Click image for larger version

Name:	6EB66E29-9328-4D93-AF54-9F1865C945D7.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	279413

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks tika

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude what are those? Autos? Theyā€™re going to be flipping huge! šŸ˜²

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      These are regular photoperiod mystery strain. They grow very fast during veg but almost no stretch at flower

I prepared the pots for the autos to go in today ,then I took a break to puff and this little guy was doing laps around the bottle cap 10 minutes and he was still going strong so I took pity on it and moved it to the plants
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

My Moscow's at 7 days from putting them in towel

Comment

DimeBagKilla I figured Iā€™d show you what I was talking about on my watering technique. You can see the dryness of my soil around the outside of both my plants and how one is in a custom wood flex box and the other in a air bag. I mound the soil up around the fluxed plant about 11ā€ because I know that the roots reach out that far. On the airbag is about 8-9ā€ circle. I also use 16.9oz bottles where Iā€™ll have 2 1/16thā€ holes punched in to control the flow of my watering. Now, I went on about how I know my soil....itā€™s a mix of peat, worm casting, guano, bone and blood meal, and tons of vermiculite. My light is a viparspectra 450w led and itā€™s 22-24ā€ off the top of the girls. Iā€™m running 24/7 light and fans, 1-9ā€ and 1-5ā€. You want your fans to blow directly on your plants because it strengthens your stalks. Different strains will want different amounts of nutrients, light, etc. As a norm Iā€™m a outdoor grower and this is just my second indoor grow. Outside Iā€™m a beast grower, but from lots of help from others on this site and tons of reading Iā€™m getting really good at indoor.. Daas, Canuck, and oldjarhead really know their shit on indoor. I know soil and organic growing and just transferred my knowledge to indoor. Iā€™ve gotten really good at training plants too. Outdoor Iā€™d have to grow out and flat, so thatā€™s why Iā€™m trying spiral and flux on this indoor grow. Right now, like I said in my comment, I go by the feel of the soil. DAAS is going by weight of your bag. Itā€™s all a learning process. At my girls young age they are averaging 8oz apiece once a day. By the time I feed them next will depend on how dry the soil is. Good luck brother! šŸ™šŸ¼āœŒšŸ» Both of mine are basically 3 weeks old. Sr gets her sugar leaves taken off as soon as they grow and Jr only has a few. Jr is being trained at a 90 degree angle right now. Itā€™s hard to see her training wires in the pic. Sr has 10 on her so far. I have to adjust and add more to her every 3-4 days for growth.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          DimeBagKilla Did you put them all right underneath the light too? I keep my mix in a 1/2 gallon jug that I transfer to my watering bottle. Spray bottles are for occasional folier feeding...lol. Btw, thx LurkingInTheGrass I had to take off more sugar leaves right after the pix too. Do that at least once a week too...lol

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Retodd whats the white powder I know its not wpm is that a top feed nute?

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 Youā€™re prolly either seeing perlite or vermiculite in there buddy. Thereā€™s also some larger chunks of calcium too.

Today is day 19 for the bubba kush auto. She is a little tall, but very healthy altogether. The time lapse is a 9 day timelapse of her. Looking forward to training her!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking great mcubed I picked up a camera but it works at 2.3 hertx and my wifi is 5 hertz murphys law lol

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks OJH! That's a bummer about the camera though! They should make them compatible with the 5 hz. It seems to be the normal router setting.

I got the new autos planted in forever homes ,I found 3 types of different soil so I planted in each as my own experiment . the first is mutient louie is in kind soil and it looks sad ,I think the light was to close or over watered either way it should be fine Ill hit them with f oilier essence the second pic is in Coast of Maine platinum series ,and the third is in roots organic green fields , I had to take one of the Jack H girls the last pic is of her Main Kola It came in at a whopping 137 grams wet that comes out to just over and ounce dry

Comment

Canuck147 D.A.A.S.69 PaganRich oldjarhead100 LurkingInTheGrass DimeBagKilla
          This sux, I just wrote this all out and it deleted itself....lol. Here we go again.
          I know I tagged you guys, but Iā€™m also writing and adding pix for completely new growers. I wanted to show a before and after of my training on JR this morning. I did a post yesterday for DBK. For the newest of growers I wanted to show how I do my measurements for my nutes, etc. I use a 10cc syringe to measure and add everything to a 1/2 gallon jug of distilled water, or rain water if I have it. I know some use RO water
          Well, the girls are 3 weeks old and theyā€™d be giant bushes if it wasnā€™t for the type of training Iā€™m doing on both. First time growing blue cheese and they are already putting out smell as soon as I open the door to my grow room. They are both doing really well. The main branches on SR are about 5/16ā€ now. Iā€™m constantly adjusting and training every day or every other. Most of you will finish way before me because the type of training Iā€™m doing. I still have a personal goal of a min of 20oz for SR.
          As always šŸ™šŸ¼āœŒšŸ»
          Looking forward to reading and seeing the rest of yā€™alls today!
          Attached Files

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Retodd On board for this now mate, thanks for shouting

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            I got you bro

Time for the Saturday update, the girls look pitiful,,,
          The Headbanger is doing nicely, and will soon be flowering, a bit of training but not topped. Next the White Widow is ,, well,,, spread out. I have trained the limbs out so the main top can get some light. What I dont get is why is the left side is outgrowing the right side, and center?!!? A few close ups as it is well, you can see! Now comes the freak (White Moscow), born without a center top, she made 2 limbs which I trained out, broke 1. I left it be and it is still growing, the next limb node down has replaced it and is now competing with it, cool! Grow baby grow! And some new girls we have a Himalaya Blue Diesel, and a Snowryder. I lost the sweet tooth, forgot to replace the dome,,, new seed dropped, maybe I can pull my head out and do better,,,,

Comment

Good day everyone - my thingies are coming along - looking kinda ugly, but next week should be better. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_081515.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	279814Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_082050.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	279815Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_082339.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	279816
            ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like you do the same as me and cut and bend strips of 12/3 romex wire for training....lol

This past week I watered them once with nutes. Next watering will be with a tea blend. Foliar fed once and actually twice, did it after pics were posted.
            Been busy with the training. Usually two or three times a day I check their bindings. Thing 1 has taken to the training pretty good, this week will be seeing a big change I think. Thing 2 has taken to it as well, little slower,. Thing 3 doesn't like it much, pouting for the past few days. May be stunted, we'll see. Not surprised if I stunt one, or all 3, we'll see.
            Good luck all you posters.
            ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Well hereā€™s the start of week 4* for me a the 4 girls. Theyā€™re doing well at the moment. I think they have a calmag deficiency. But I ordered some and itā€™ll be here today. So hopefully thatā€™s what it is. Anyways, posted some side pics from a day or so ago and then a little gif of last weeks pic, mid week and then today. I also topped all 4 if i havenā€™t mentioned that. No training otherwise. Hope everyone has a good day and happy new year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	78139554-3221-49A6-8AE2-C846C92F8878.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	279886Click image for larger version  Name:	82FA4476-218A-410B-A44B-1367496AD356.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	279884Click image for larger version  Name:	77359624-4CA9-4308-AF14-B7340F09F8B2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	279885Click image for larger version  Name:	1E908D20-EE20-4E62-8C0D-0F6C14A6DDF6.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	279887Click image for larger version  Name:	EF37EDA7-D348-499C-A297-A849C7D10D78.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	279888

Today
              Click image for larger version  Name:	319473B6-D7BB-407A-BB93-70E735DA0F15.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	279889
              Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-29-2018, 07:20 PM. Reason: Not week 3 but week 4. 3 weeks old today.
              ā€œPounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.ā€ - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
              192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
              3 Gal Smart Pots
              FoxFarm Trio
              +Open Sesame
              +Cha-Chang
              +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
              192w t5
              Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
              FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
              FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
                Juicyj89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey thanks! Thatā€™s really a relief to hear.

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes indeed looks very very good

• Juicyj89
                Juicyj89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Canuck147

HAPPY SATURDAY!!

my Things:
              Royal Gorilla Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds)
              50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis
              56-70 days after germination

Thing 1
              27 days from seed

Name:	IMG_20181229_191151.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	279984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181229_191136.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	279983

PaganRich, thinking of you...
              pinched and rolled her (above and below node 2)
              gently eased her over
              and firmly secured her into position
              put up the extra guide rails for the fan leaves, trying to prevent her from twisting Node 2 back to 'normal'

re: training
              working with whatever she gives me, will just try to keep a fairly flat canopy, with a slight, uphill grade towards the top(s) of the plant (where ever that\they end up )

noted slight tip burn, removed some nutes from res, replaced with plain (CALiMAGic and Armor Si) water. she started with 25% GH nute schedule - will pull back to 15-20% (RQS did say 'minimal nutrients' lol)

lights at 22-24 inches (almost full sunlight range)

and in weird, but ok, news - I think my topping might be actually be a FIMing?

Name:	IMG_20181229_195631.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	662.9 KB
ID:	279982

Thing 2
              21 days from seed

before the gentle madness

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	761.0 KB
ID:	279987Click image for larger version

Name:	down.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	663.4 KB
ID:	279986

she just put her roots in the nutes, 2 days ago - added a little bit of nutes to res today, during top up

I haven't/didn't/not sure if I am going to top her, at the moment, just cleaned off node 0 (cotyledon, first leaves), gave her a little squeeze and was gentle when I started bending her. the six days difference is still a big difference (between Thing 1 and Thing 2)

she is going to need a couple of days to recover, might have to put up a "do not touch me" sign, for the guy attached to my hands

lights at 22-24inches

and here she is, after the gentle bending

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	592.4 KB
ID:	279985Click image for larger version

Name:	down.after.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	867.6 KB
ID:	279988

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                That was a great idea for tying down your plants LTG

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                I do like that set up LurkingInTheGrass very Space1999...I like it mate a lot

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                wow - not many people remember Moonbase Alpha, Commander Koenig and Maya

Photoperiod Furley.

Feedng on Sunday night. Just been pulling down ties, water only on Wednesday, took 4 leafs from the middle of each last night. Little side experiment, each of the plants are in a different kind of container.

Thingy 1.

is in a 5 gallon geopot. It is not ready in my opinion to flower just yet.day 26 from helmet head

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181228_195701.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	280032
              Thingy 2

is in a 5 gallon vivosun grow bag, this plant is close but I may pull it to the other tent for a longer veg. Day 31 from helmet head.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20181228_195920.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	280033

Thingy 3.

is in a 3 gallon airpot. This plant is ready for flower. Day 33ish from helmet head

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181229_102406.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	280034

The flip will happen soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181228_183427.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	280035
              Happy growing.

Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-30-2018, 12:05 AM.
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                You topped all yours after 3rd set of nodes huh?

• RagWeedDWC
                RagWeedDWC commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank You Mr.furley your picture #3 gave me my forehead slap "Duh" moment. I had it in my mind you guys were topping in such a way that you had multiple nodes coming off that cut (Fimming?), I see now you are topping and then using the branches below also.... anyway, thanks, clear in my mind. Not sure you can piece why it is :-)

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                @RagWeedDWC
                You are welcome.
                The training Im using is a one top and Lst/Hst format that can be done with Autos as well.

The Things are looking good. Thing 2 is flowering pretty good already and a little smaller than I'd like. Dont mind the sand/spots on the leaves. Had to water in a little rush earlier. All cleaned up now

Pics of the bigger plants are my Lemon OG and White widow.

Name:	20181229_194941.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	280039Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_194949.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	280040Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_195005.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	280041Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_195012.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	280042Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_195021.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	280043Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_195029.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	280044

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X