Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Jaja thanks alltatup. I'm loving to do both now. I got stuck in this boat with growing photos with autos but not by choice. Turned out to be more fun than what I had originally thought. It was stressful trying to figure out how to run them both together. But now I'm more set-up for it, it's a blast.

I just love structuring and growing big plants so autos aren't really my thing but for quality buds in 3 months they sure are worth it. Since you can grow more then you're typically limited to you can get quality yields too 😉.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful buds and triches, Chef!! Y'all are really making me want to do an auto grow...

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    D.A.A.S.69 Fascinating and clear directions for the "paper bag dry" method: I will have to try it.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks DAAS I'll give it a shot. I don't have anywhere to hang atm so this seems like a better option. I love just using good soil, I've had great results so far and just trying to feed those microbes 😉. Going to do some no till beds and just take what I need when I pot. Mulch, cover crop, and worms...the whole 9.

Nothing easier then just giving your plants water and teas. She's one of those strains that fade pretty fast when she gets going. I'll bet 10 days leaves will be pretty much done. She's a 70 day from seed and 10 days will be 75 from seed. Last harvest I pulled em at 74 and the sugar leaves were even fading. Thanks again D.A.A.S.69.

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    I am going to try it on my next plant up to bat. Be about 2 weeks until she is ready. Thanks D.A.A.S 69

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Redwasp, yeah try it, it's so much easier, and does great.

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    I am going to have to try that D.A.A.S.69 I just wish it was easier to get the big brown bags still. Our supermarket no longer has them

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    Chefbjy, man that's a beautiful plant, I love the way they fade, when getting close, only in good soil.
    On the Brown Bags, I clip the buds off about the size of a golf ball, into the brown bags, trying not to let them touch each other. Fold over the top and put a clothspin on it. And don't open it for 5days ,plus 1day. then in jars, they usually are real close to 68-69percent, then i slowly burp the jars, for another 3-4days ,till they get to about 62percent, and that's it. They taste like they been in jars a month .After a couple of weeks in jars the smell is way better than after hang drying them.
    Try some both ways, but to us brown bags are way better than hanging.
    If your humidity is close to 60percent, it's gonna take 6days ,plus 1day.
    If it's 50percent humidity ,it's gonna take, 5days, plus 1day.
    40percent, 4days, plus 1day.
    Its not gonna hurt to open the bags an check on them, but you don't have to, I used to open an check for mold, but I don't do that anymore , never any problems with mold.
    I sure like your plant, looks like she still has some more fading to do yet, but a week or two she will be very close.
    Its hard to beat good soil, ain't it ? It makes it so easy, and plants love it, they got all they need in good soil, except water.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-07-2018, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I am still waiting for it to cool off here. I love it when I can get my temps 60 to 65 when its lights "out." It really does at least seem like the cold temps increase trichome production. And it may be psychological but I swear the smoke seems stronger and has a more intense flavor, in a good way.

Last winter I even had a few nights in the low 40s before I increased the temps. And those plants did very very well.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah these ones get some dense buds not as big as them buds DAAS has but at 100g a plant they do fine in 3 gallon pots, great smoke too. Puts a lot of people night night that come over 😆. I'll give her about 10 more days there's a few amber here and there but a little more then my last Skywalker harvest. Think the cold weather increased the trich production on this one 😉. Thanks Redwasp 😃.

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice looking plant. For all my auto grows from here on out I'm going to grow short ones. Like your Skywalker and @D.A.S.S.69 current plants. I love those. I will still have my photos but probably do mostly autos.

And I was looking at your trichomes, man that one has a nice amount, and was thinking it had a little time left. (I was thinking you were about to cut it down) But I know you know what you are doing so went and reread and saw you said almost ready. Lmao I guess I should wear my glasses while reading.🤔

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Skywalker starting to fade, almost ready to chop. Giving her another week or so with molasses one last time. Don't really have a dark room set up for her so think I'll try the paper bag method D.A.A.S.69 mentioned. So I don't have to hang. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181006_081457.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	255622
    9 do you have any pics of your process. I just want to know how much stem you cut off or how much you break the buds down.

This plant didn't get 20/4 for a long time. I was trying to see what the difference in yield would be by running 18/6. I'll let you know when it dries. Plant specs are 90-100 grams per plant. The height I think maxed out at 18" but not concerned with it overall. I'm really rethinking my defoliating strategy with autos now. I'll have to do a side by side to see what I can learn. Have some trich pics 😉.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Still stacking buds here, though things seem to moving a little slower then I expected. There's not much popcorn or larf on the bottom and I was expecting to see a little more gerth. But there is some lower stuff that's getting plenty of light and sucking up energy I suppose.

Feels like frost is coming and really would like these girls to finish before it gets too cold for them. They've been dealing with low 40s for a while now. Not sure how these freaking gnats are still floating around in it, obviously not too cold for them 😠. They've been bad on the lower older leaves and on the other side of the bloom wall. The clones are in danger of both of these factors as well. Watered in some bti on the other side of the bloom wall for clones. Top dressed bti and de in the bloom room where I don't see a single gnat but know that's where my leaf damage has to be coming from.

Phase 2 of my 12 cola mainline is in place. Topped all 3 branches at 3rd node and removed 2nd node. Growth tips are catching up to dominating branch and taking shape. Mama mia #1 is almost ready for phase 1 mainline but mama mia #2 isn't going to catch up on time for mainline training. Dgth #1 and #2 are struggling and have yet to express their mothers' phenos. #3-7 have yet to root. I'll keep 2 and a friend will grow 3. #5 and#7 are looking like the ones I want to keep 😉. Happy growing all!! ✌

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Shop clones being trained for mainlining. Doing 3 branches with my gg#4 going for 12 colas. May do something similar with dgth clone since the dominance isn't broken yet. But will be performing a traditional Nebula mainline on the mama mia seed. Still have clones to introduce but they should be able to keep up if I don't top them. Not sure how many I will introduce yet trying to get auto and photo plants to harvest still.

Might do some rearranging when buds come down and start a scrog on one side of the building...looking into light rails. Then just setting up the warm spot for the mainlines on the other side of the building. I have the light issue mostly taken care of. The auto side isn't light tight, so will have to fix that when they're done. Trying to keep a perpetual harvest going here and will dabble in some cbd strains as well. I'm too in love with growing to not have a mj plant around 😆.

Leave a comment:

• kingfish
    commented on 's reply
    Way to go chef, You are a man of my heart.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X