Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    It's been nothing but water until a few days ago and just kelp tea with molasses...not watering to run off. Maybe I'll ph it next watering with a slight run off 😉.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Depends what size hood you get I'm using the 6inch and haven't noticed a difference between the 2 different brands of hoods I have. Thinking of picking up some other open reflectors for winter though. It gets cold in the shop and they're super warm running reflectors.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, fabulous colas!! I see a little nute burn in some of the pics, so yeah like DAAS says, flush.

• Cannabliss
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the reply. Have you found any difference in the brands of air-cooled hoods or do the majority of them do a decent job? Just trying to gather input for those using them. Thinking of perhaps purchasing a 600W air-cooled package sometime in the near future.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Cannabliss the winged hood is hps and the aircooled is mh the mh is burning hotter then the hps... maybe an old bulb. I will have 2 cooled hoods eventually it seems like they have better coverage imo.

• Cannabliss
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good Chefbjy. I noticed that you're using both, a wing hood as well as the usual air-cooled hood to grow your plants. Mind if I ask if you've noticed any difference between the two as far as penetration, coverage, and heat is concerned? Thanks my friend.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I'm going to water again before I give them some langbeinite. I think the temps had a lot to do with it and the watering was held back due to high humidity. Supposed to be in the 90s again and a little hot this week so they'll be needing water more soon 😆. Thank you for stopping by D.A.A.S.69 and hopefully you're right about it clearing up on its own.

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    I'd just give her water for a day or two, and see what happens, I bet it clears up.

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Seems like there's a bit of a mag problem with this leaf? There can definitely be some burn on the tips but there are some leaves that just making me suspect k as well not sure if you can tell. But here's some more pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_112534.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	235978

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Chefbjy, Man, brother, those are some nice looking plants, great job.
    You can't beat good soil, man, that's the most important thing. It's fun messing with your soil, if your in good soil, you don't have to do nothin but add water, no more checking ph, or any of that stuff, if you take good care of your soil, you got it made.

• Chefbjy
    replied
    My suspicion of k def instead of tip burn is leaning heavily with the color of the tips yellowing on the Skywalkers. Granted they have 3 weeks to finish and they may fade but the dark green is prominant and the tips have a fade going on not like tip burn. I'll try and get some pics up later.

So I've done plain water with only top dressing a couple tbls. Of fish bone meal and langbeinite once. Watered with kelp tea and molasses 2 waterings ago. Since I'm in the final weeks I'm going to mix the langbeinite into next watering. This is a great source of k mag and sulfur https://youtu.be/-N50o39AU8w
    I'll give another plain water before giving them molasses again 😉. Been raining past couple days so they've been locked in the shop under lights.

Gg#4 clones are still trying to root...there might be too many leaves on them to take well but going to give them a few more days under domes. The mothers are having some yellowing going on where leaves are shaded doesn't look like a deficiency. Some leaves showing bug damage were stripped but they are about to get a major defol and sad I don't have time or resources to take more clones. Plus I can't go over my leagal limit. Thinking of leaving them outside since days are getting shorter and just moving them inside to avoid bad weather. This way they transition more naturally but sunrise is an issue. I can't leave them open on the SW side of the house...thieves and neighbors would see them for sure. Not too mention anyone that drives by. Since my neighbor has their own business selling on ebay or something traffic is spontaneous lots of mail trucks and unknown people. Maybe it will just help transition faster and I can get them back in the shop in 3 weeks or so to finish them off with the natural autumn solstice 😉.

The gg#4s just made this journal longer then expected so stay tuned for a photo grow after my autos are done 😆. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_092950.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	235944

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Chefbjy Suh weeeeeet!

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you 😃.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup I'm in the pac nw. Just an hour from Seattle... and an hour from Portland.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    Looking fantastic congrats on pic of the week

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X