Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I have to get that side dialed in better but I'll still be able to use the space. Have to use the other side for my next grow with a 8' clearance.

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    I am certain you will figure out how to use it all year long real soon.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. It's getting cold and going to get some heat cables or heating mats to power through a little with my new additions 😉.

• Redwasp
    replied
    Very nice. Looks great

Leave a comment:

• changeofpace2014
    replied
    Originally posted by Chefbjy View Post
    Hi all going to be starting a second journal here. I haven't got all the details worked out yet as far as light pots and medium. 8×4 mylar room with 20feet plus height venting won't be an issue just need fans and an ac for summer and heater for winter.
    Strains are going to be some freebie mamma mia femenised. I might add a different strain later as I said details aren't worked out.

Still have to do some wrapping on the back wall and get a zipper for a door. Going to buy some bug screen for the top and outside to keep pests out. I can extend the room a bit if I need to but going to start off with the 8x4 lighting a bigger area isn't in my budget atm.

Right now just working on fitting everything in my budget but it's going to be a great investment in the end. Materials were free but getting extras for my new tent which I'll be running another grow in at around the same time. Setting up security cameras and just some minor adjustments and I'll be good to go for Shop Grow.

I'm going to veg a sprout I started 23 days in there now. I won't be updating on it here but you can see it grow up in my current journal linked in my signature of you'd like. But I will be posting updates and modifications made while it grows to work on any problems that may arise. Here's some pics.
    Dam YOU had a lot of head room....

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    D.A.A.S.69 here's a better pic of the fade. alltatup this is a pretty good strain as far as potency. They've come a long way with autos and I don't think you'll be disappointed when/if you decide to give it a shot 😉. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181007_152711.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	256137Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181007_152747.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	256135Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181007_152753.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	256136
    Last edited by Chefbjy; 10-07-2018, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Redwasp I'm not going to buy seeds from anyone but the most reputable breeders; I just don't take what I consider to be a risk. I hope this guy establishes a great reputation, that his seeds display consistent phenotypes and that he win some cups.

• Redwasp
    replied
    alltatup you want autos I would look at that guy D.A.A.S.69 has been talking about. Newguy420. He has a really nice selection of autos. So many that you need to hide your money when you look at the site. Trust me on that or you will end up with 5 or more different strains. Lmao. Most of them are shorter than most autos. Anyways good read if you just want to look.

Another that I have grown, and it was my first auto, was a green crack auto from seedsman. With training I kept it under 15 inches but it was almost 3 ft x 3ft wide. I wanted it short. It did not have alot of fan leaves but the buds literally went all the way to the dirt. I had to put something under the buds to keep them from sitting directly on the soil. That plant made an unbelievable yield. And the flavor was the best tasting smoke I've ever had. I like my pipe the most usually but I smoked all of that one in the vaporizer just for the taste.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100, that's where Recharge, is worth it's weight in gold, it will charge up your soil, quickly too. After using it, you will see quick results, everything just looks much better, in a day or two at most.
    Plus it depends on if you are growing fast autos or slow autos.
    This soil I use will definitely last thru 2months ,with nothing added. If I was to use 3gallon pots, an easy 3months.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure how far those will carry you through growth. That was my concern as well oldjarhead100. That's why I decided to do a kiss method soil. My thought was, those are good soils but will it be enough for flowering. Cannabis are considered heavy feeding plants and I figured I'd run into problems towards the end of the grow. I'd say that they're probably enough to get them through a couple months but after that will there be enough left to supply flowers. I believe you will still have to apply bloom food (p) specifically since p will get used up for root growth. My 2 cents anyway.

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    in the news letter this morning it said to not feed plants in soil for about 3 to 4 weeks to let them use up the nutrients in the soil, so here is my question I do my autos in soil I use root organic green field and coast of Maine platinum series will they have enough nute so that I dont have to add any or will they run out

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I want to chime in on autos I went hole hog on them last year .I started in August and they grew great the next batch were stunted due to a cold floor I ended up buying some heating pads it was to late for that round , so this year I am growing them again the first round is done and jared the 2nd is about 3 feet tall and the third are seedlings,so keep temps steady.
    @atu make sure you have enough height in your box my little 300 w leds have to be 18 inch from plant something to think about

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    The one I'm going to get means I'll never have to change another lightbulb in my grow box; how nice not to have to worry about whether the bulbs are getting weak. But I'll use up the MHs & HIDs in my original box. I will definitely ask about whether there's a difference in yield.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    I can't afford leds that would produce like my hids alltatup. You're trading watts for cooler temps when you go with leds imho. I think if I were to go led I'd have to invest in a superior light company or build my own. But I'm no electrician and have no training to build one, so I'll stick with my hids till I can afford a nice led.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Chefbjy I don't think autos could ever replace my beloved photos for the reason you mention: you can grow some big ass indoor plants; plus, photos in general contain higher levels of THCA and all the other good stuff; plus, there's more variety and more cup winners to choose from--although autos are starting to win some HTCC awards.

I actually am gonna do an auto grow comin up sometime soon; I promised myself I would... I think I'm going to get another box that will be LED and eventually replace the ballast in my current box with LED, which will lower the heat significantly. I may even be able to grow through the summer.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X