• Show
Clear All

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    You are doing a great job as thread promoter oldjarhead100
    I like reading your rambles

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    If you have some lights that arent to cost prohibitive or have it set up on solar, it pays for itself fast, plant some herbs. I know you can put it outside, but nice to have that aroma. Not to mention fresh herbs to make munchies. I always have some in the bottom under the canopy of the taller plants.

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    the veg rooms are quite now, the plants all moved outside and when I walk by them I can here them say I'm lonely plant something but alas no seeds until Aug. 11th ,then they will get fired up and go into overtime to get the seeds to seedling then plants , You know guys sometimes its hard to come up with enough rambling to keep it current lol

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I know if I grow a good crop the thc will be fine , the only way to obtain the stated thc is to grow perfection then choose the best plant and half it tested , I test it by smoking a j first time of the day then I note how it affects me , I understand what you meant redwasp there is to much that affects yield ,but with this being a challenge and trusting others to be truthful I think we are going to have a ton of ideas and methods of growing and thats why I'm doing it

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    well said kingkush

• KingKush
    replied
    This Grow Challenge will provide many objective results including a legit Strain Review from some growers. And we can all follow it. There are some popular strains that we all grow/ have grown so we are trying some promising NEW up-and-comers to test genetics. We talked extensively about bag appeal and longevity of these flavors in our grow rooms. They will hopefully become a staple in my barn.

The challenge is against yourself, how well can you do with a short veg time and swelling/smelling flowers around the holidays (and family).

We have banded together to grow some new exciting flavors and some of us would never venture out and order seeds if this motivation wasn't here. There is also a wider window for learning: if my grow ended up subpar to yours, I would still know how you achieved victory and I could be on the fast track to improvement for the next try for myself.

Its fun, perhaps it will become something, but it is very friendly and informative rather than competitive.
    Last edited by KingKush; 05-20-2018, 09:45 AM. Reason: be

Leave a comment:

• farmerjim
    commented on 's reply
    Ive been looking up labs in the area but was thinking if there was an affordable home test then that would put everyone on the same level. there could be variability across different labs...

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    That's insane. I paid 50 bucks for thc cbd microbes mold water test everything I wanted except terpene profile which was only another 25 bucks. Plus labs are very accurate within .5% of each other.

• Redwasp
    replied
    Well i wish i could do this just so we would have some hard numbers. Wish we could easily compare yields, thc, cbd, flavor, perceived quality etc etc etc. Would be nice. Then next we could each change just 1 small thing and see what happens. In the future that will be possible. Just not sure we can yet.

Leave a comment:

• DankwingDuck
    commented on 's reply
    Home testers run about 150$ on the low end for a decent one , up to thousands . Worth the investment if you ask me . And a good comparison. But the question is how accurate is the reading and with that merger of error how accurate will the comparison be I feel like the only real way to get an accurate comparison with the test kit is for everyone to be using the same test and that’s not really realistic I’ve looked into test kits and the one I want runs about $500 to $700 and not everyone can afford that

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    I usually take mine to a lab since I live in a legal state. I've been intrested in comparing with a home kit though. But like OJH said it's not a competition 😉.

• farmerjim
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking about how we could get good comparisons across the board... Yields in the completed grow journals seem to be a common measurement but I agree that quality needs to be taken into account. There are home THC testing kits that people have posted about previously. Maybe we can find an affordable one that all participants can use to standardize our outputs...

I think it's important to track as much as we can for future reference and I think the THC test kits add another dimension beyond simply yields.

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    Yields are not a good accounting of what you grow. Not a fair comparison. That was what i was trying to portray. Id rather have an ounce of sticky, high trichomes, really nice smoke than 10 of bad. Unless we met up and shared no real way to do that.

• farmerjim
    commented on 's reply
    absolutely ojh! we may have some fun comparisons on the way, but we'll all be winners come harvest!

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    Guys it is my understanding that this is a challenge not a competition yes we will compare yield but really what we are doing is growing in all different styles of growing in dirt ,in coco,and in hydro and the use of nutrients what types we use and how much ,lighting ,we will be reporting everything successes and mistakes, this grow is about knowledge not bragging rights . now I know their will be some friendly teasing/joking were humans its what we do but its all in fun . I'm in this challenge for the knowledge but if it will make you feel better you can all do better than me ok

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X