Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DankwingDuck
    commented on 's reply
    The actually swing of the temp may not be required this is just what I read awhile back ( you may just need the lower temp not a big swing between night and day not 100% sure ) . Feel free to fact check me . As I might not be 100% accurate . But that’s the general idea of it .
    Last edited by DankwingDuck; 06-27-2018, 04:06 PM.

• DankwingDuck
    commented on 's reply
    You can do this to all kinds of plants not just cannabis . This is the same thing that makes blueberries blue and cherries red.

• DankwingDuck
    commented on 's reply
    Anthocyanin is what it is called or something like that . My spelling maybe off . Which is Greek for blue flower or purple flower or something like that . Lowering the temp will help bring out the color but the strain has to have the flavonoid to be able to produce this coloring . It can be red blue or purple depending on the strain . It requires a large swing in night vs day temp during the final weeks of the bloom . Dropping the RH during this time frame will also force your buds to pack on large amounts of trics.

• Californiakid
    commented on 's reply
    I think it was a great idea...and I will be sharing the love. Haven't decided what yet...but I will be shipping something I have extra to a lucky GWE member. It will be in the same manner, Tika's gift.
    Thanks again Tika 👍

Look for the post friday or Saturday.

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    KingKush, oldjarhead100 yes...@Californiakid got it- first responder, shipped today. A few years ago someone blew their ballast and I had a new one gifted to me that I was not going to use...it went off to a happy home too🙃 FREE...not for sale
    It is too bad shipping is such a bitch, Craigs list NOT AN OPTION....I donated my last 3x3 tent, 5x5 tent, all accessories I couldn't use to my hydro store that found free homes. PS I'm NOT RICH- I work as hard as anyone for my equipment. The pleasure is all mine- makes me feel good🐝

• Redwasp
    replied
    For now put me on the really don't know list. So below the maybe. My grow went so well this time it doesnt make sense to do anything for awhile. I may but may take a couple month break. Not sure. Gonna travel for a few months i think.

Leave a comment:

• farmerjim
    commented on 's reply
    I have 1 standalone bucket not hooked up to my rdwc. I want to try this on it and in thedark harvest using the stand alone so I dont mess up the whole crop. Thought it would be cool to compare colors if others wanted to join me since were all popping the same seeds... gonna start a standalone thread specific to ace...

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    Yes lowering N in flowering is good. Temps also change the color. If you want purple or blue buds you need low temps.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I grow in my cellar and in the winter it gets down to 60 I often see color changes in what i'm growing so the temp swings definitely cause them

• farmerjim
    replied
    Has anyone heard of the autumn color effect? From what i understand, its strategically removing N in the last 1/2 of flower prior to flush so the plant uses up its N stores resulting in more colorful, more potent buds.

also, is it true that temperature variations around this same time also bring out the different phenotype colorings?

anyone have any experience with these color enhancing techniques or any other tips on the subject?

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    thats cool Tika very nice of you

• KingKush
    commented on 's reply
    You're fun Tika!
    I'm sure I missed it but good for you, your harvests must serve you well 👍

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    Hanging in there with you

• Tika
    replied
    Hey!!! I have new EC Pen by BlueLab....who wants it PM me with addy Andi will ship it to you pronto for this challenge. First PM first served. Free and I will pay shipping in states. Free gift no sale....

Leave a comment:

• KingKush
    replied
    I still don't have my seeds, working on the budget, but hopefully this week I can get at least one strain. So i know how you all feel...

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X