Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RosettaStoned
    replied
    Interesting....nodes growing from node points? A PExWW I topped has three growing from the seventh and two on the sixth. There's are already well established branches with new shooting out from the stipules. Maybe it's normal but with my limited experience it's a first for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180419_163237.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	895.1 KB
ID:	197245Click image for larger version

Name:	20180419_163227.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1,005.5 KB
ID:	197246Click image for larger version

Name:	20180419_163248.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	197247

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    you could get a 2 foot t5 with uvb bulbs and turn it on while in tent and off when you leave unless you want seeds then leave it on

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    It's full spectrum like any other light. They hit all the wave lengths not just a specific range. I get the idea, just wasn't sure the blues would be strong enough or if they would just get washed out by the cobs.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    The idea is to produce uv-b rays in the harvest window. Uv-b rays cause sunburn and can really mess with your eyes. Trichs are like sunscreen so the theory is more uv-b = more trichs. Though this hasn't been confirmed and there is little debate on the topic. I know mh puts out uv-b without the lens on not sure about leds or the ability to make uv-b with them.

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    It's just plexi over the LEDs. I not sure it will be enough blue even. I rebuilt the light with 35k cobs and 65k monos. I could try it with the 125 cfl I have, it's 65k only.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    I did expirement with the mh during flush I had heard about a possible 10% increase to thc and had to try. If you have a lens take it off the uvb won't penetrate the lens. Be careful and use sunglasses when inspecting. But I'm not to sure it increased the production of trichs as my grow was pollinated. I also experimented with a 32 hour dark period. My first grow was better no dark period but I'd like to see the side by side in Augusts' challenge. I may try it again with the mh during harvest window for another side by side. I do believe my nugs benefited from it though. We will see for sure when August's harvest comes.

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Well, it looks like you're growing some good stoney bud, so be careful

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    I do. I'm in there at the beginning of the light cycle so I wouldn't have to worry about that.....unless I'm so high I don't notice light 🤣

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I think it is a minor miracle that we have as much success as we do seeing as we are often/always high while gardening! So cut yourself a break!
    I really like the switches, but the danger with them is potentially leaving them off. I flip them off just before the timer goes off to water quickly in the morning. By the time I am done the timer is off and the switch is off. If I am not going to be there to water again when the lights come back on, I have to remember to flip the switch back on! It isn't usually a concern, because I am always there to water when the lights come on - but you can see where the problem would lie

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    On the same note, not hard to plug it back in right too

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks camp! I don't understand why it's so hard to put a switch on a light.

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    RosettaStoned Looks like some good buds!
    There comes a time during the stretch, where training is tough because they have so much energy. I feel like I keep everything nice and organized and then it just goes bonkers. The fact that access time is reduced significantly once they are on 12/12 also contributes to the chaos.
    I got little switches that I plug into my timers and then plug the lights into the switch. Might help prevent a similar slip up... This isn't exactly what I have, but same idea: http://a.co/8mz8Mhg

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    I know that Chefbjy has done research on this

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    It is only for the last few days so I wouldn't see a problem with it

• Locrian99
    commented on 's reply
    That’s interesting. I wonder with something like the PAR line from viparspectra where you can dim reds blues or whites if there would be any advantage to turning down the reds or if it’s as long as it gets the blue spectrum.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X