Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingfish
    commented on 's reply
    I never made oil, so I can't comment on it.

• Camk
    replied
    I use 2 products now decarb high CBD and decarb 1:1 both milled and i put in capsules
    i have to buy the product now through my access to medical but with the machine and growing my own i should be able to save money

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    I did a test the last two days that I find interesting. I put 1-2 grams of cured flower into a little glass bottle. The bottle is floated in peanut oil heated to 240F for 110 minutes (induction hot plate with a separate digital thermometer in the oil to confirm temp). I would normally make Golden Tiger out of this using EverClear. For the test, I just ate it. Tastes like dried lawn cuttings. Strong full body high, lasting many hours. Very different than Golden Tiger, which comes on faster, doesn't last as long and is more intense in some ways. For the medicinal effect, eating the decarbo'd flower seems to be more the ticket. Particularly if functionality needs to be maintained.
    So instead of using a loose foil wrap for the ground flower and floating on hot oil, I used a tightly sealed glass bottle in the oil and un ground, cured flower.
    More tests to follow.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I started this thread because I had been researching all of these issues. It makes sense to me that the less heat used in processing oils, etc.--the better. The whole point is to keep the medicine as whole as possible, i.e., not evaporating terpenes or anything else.

Look what lighting a joint does to cannabis: it wipes out 50% at least of its medicinal potential--up in combustion. I want to be able to use the decarbed weed in a variety of ways--but I ordered this little machine specifically for making medicine.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    jak397 I am hoping that it will be better, because it won't involve any more heat! I have been looking into making extracts/tinctures with the decarbed herb.

• GreenDragonRon
    commented on 's reply
    I think RSO would be easier to dose and you can also use it topically.

• jak397
    replied
    ok forgive my stupidness lol bear with me is making rso oil better for medicating than eating this decarboxlited flower

Leave a comment:

• GreenDragonRon
    commented on 's reply
    You'll still need to use a solvent to extract after decarboxylation. I believe if you follow the typical RSO procedure, decarboxylation happens as you boil off the solvent.

• jak397
    replied
    would this be as good as makeing oil with solvent and a slow cooker would it perhaps be even better and be more potent with less bud wasted

Leave a comment:

• kingfish
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the forum. I also have asthma, I vaporize, it make all the difference in the world. Give it a try.

• Camk
    replied
    that would be great im way new at this but cant smoke due to asthma

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Cool and welcome to the forum! We can compare recipes!!🐸🐸

• Camk
    replied
    new to here love the forum

Just ordered mine cant wait to get it

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Alltatup try making me some up for rainy days or at bedtime for me and my girlfriends, ok. Please

• Jason
    replied
    I'm getting what I think are good result using an induction hot plate ($40) with the induction pot ($40), a digital thermometer and peanut oil. All tech from Amazon.
    Set the temp, confirm with digital. I wrap ground flower in alum foil, float in a little alum pan, cover and time. Some researchers in the Netherlands, confirmed by some Russian pharma guys I read about
    say "110 for 110". That's temp in C and minutes. Seems to work very well for moi and friends. 1 gram of flower to 1 oz of EverClear. Soak, strain, consume. 5 ml to 30 ml will do the trick depending on sensitivity.
    After reading about these new devices, and sous vide, I think I'll experiment with a seal container for the flower.
    I look forward to hearing user testimonials about the Nova type machines.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X