Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Californiakid
    replied
    Hey Capncanna, drying in the dark is necessary to breakdown the chlorophyll iirc.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    It's a BCNL dryer, but I'd look around at prices. Prolly would be much cheaper to build, just rig the fan so it pulls air thru the box and out thru the filter. I will take a pic if you wanna see it.

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    It's not the smell it the humidity. In the grow room it's 45 outside the room it's 70. Also temp it's 70 degrees in grow room.
    Why the dark? Scientifically I mean? Are you talking bacteria?
    I always trust your advice. Need to build a dark room I guess?
    I'm on 12 12 as well

• Sheesh
    commented on 's reply
    I second ATU on that, I always read that need to dry in the dark. One option is a cardboard box right next to your tent. Have the intake suck the air from the box into the tent and out the exhaust. Beware fast airflow in the drying box though. It can dry weed way too fast if you have tons of airflow across the branches hanging in a box. alltatup : what is the name of that little dryer with the carbon filter?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Capncanna Doubledealing72 Y'all, they really need to dry in the DARK!! The grow room is definitely not the best place to dry bud. If you are worried about odor, you might consider getting one of those little dryers with a carbon filter. I have one. A lifesaver.

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Ha ha , Thanks , it makes senses because the environment is perfect . How did the trim go. I had a ton of small buds all the way down the stems.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    That's hilarious! Great minds think alike they say! I am trimming my first girl today, and I think I'm going to have to just hang it up in my tent because I don't want the house smelling lol. I don't think the light will make a difference, but I'll do some research!

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Also I just hung them back in my grow room , does light matter? Temp and humidity and fans are just right. I have a mesh drying rack for the small stuff

• Capncanna
    replied
    First ww , 9.5 oz wet. She was a little small. Gonna give the blue berry another few days. Tomorrow ww 2 comes down.
    Lots of good trim for butter! Chocolate chip cookies yum!

Leave a comment:

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks @ alltatup , It's actually weak acid cation ion exchange resin. There are a few types . It is reusable as well. Small beads . We used it in experimental saltwater tanks for a few different things including ph. It can't hurt anything but it's a little expensive. By my calculations should be 1g per gal. Gonna find a filter to put it in. Maybe a new biz.😀 ha ha like I'm gonna work. I'll see if I can't find a paper on it. It's very cool stuff .

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Ion exchange resin???? Gonna have to look that up.

Hope the early "windfall" smokes good!!! ;-}

• Capncanna
    replied
    Was adding water to the res. And this little lower branchlet broke off. Trimmed her up and ok! That's a mini bic btw , all I had handy. It's gonna get quick dried, smoked, and results will get posted. Ph is looking good.
    Anyone used ion exchange resin? Had a flash back and remembered way back when it was used for water softning and all kinds of stuff. Looked it up and sure thing they still make it. It keeps ph 5.8 to 6.5. . Put it in an inline filter and bingo.
    Thats theoretically. May try it next time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah, lived in Port Saint Lucie for a while, well aware of rh in sofla. My point is tds in condensate water is really low like 10-30 ppm. If you using nutes and low tds water thought it would help with ph issues. Looks like you got it solved, 👍 Peace

Leave a comment:

• Capncanna
    replied
    Thanks , I though of it but I get 2 gal every few hours out of the unit. I live in a swamp! So it a little much. I'm gonna redo my room after this grow . Automate the ph and move all meters on the outside of the room etc.

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Hello Capncanna,
    Great thread, nice room, beautiful girls. Not a grower yet, so...
    Regarding your humidity, and your use of tap water and your dehumidiier, could you use the water from the dehumidifier as a better form of water? I would bet that the ppm of the water would be under 30 pr so. Not sure if this better, but noticed that a MI grower uses his dehumid water to flush his plants. Just an idea. Peace all

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X