Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capncanna
    replied
    Well another lesson, since July we've been getting rain my tap water ppm was 300 . I've been adding nutes on that assumption. Checked today 455 , just under legal limit. So defiantly nute burned them. Lowered my res to 550 ppm with plain water ph 6 . Going to let it run overnight then res change.
    Buds look strong and colas are getting fat. Trichomes galore. Leaves funky but stopped changing color .Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    U 2, Capn.

• Capncanna
    replied
    Pulled part of the effected leaves and got out the microscope. Did not effect the trichomes at all. Covered and also the veins were still working . So we shall see. Got the ph back up and added AN sensi cal mag. 1/4 strength.
    Have a good day all!

Leave a comment:

• Capncanna
    replied
    I would say if new growth is an indication , all,is well. Buds a poppin. The top leaves are all that was effected and that looks like it stopped. Beginning to think ph was the problem along with a bit of lockout . Still gonna add a touch of cal mag just in case.
    thanks GWE fam.

Leave a comment:

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    I try to do it every other week. I agree with you about lock out. I also have been reading a lot about ph and uptake of nutes. It's a small range for certain things. So I also wonder if ph was hi or lo for a week would it not uptake that certain nute. Would look the same as lock out or deficiency? This mornings check should tell a lot. I'll keep you posted.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I flushed my sativa with AN's Flawless Finish, even though I am skeptical now about the value of the flush. I flushed em for 8 or 9 days.

Glad to hear you flushed your girls! Ever since I had nute lockout, I guess I suspect everything is that, but here's the deal: we're feeding this specialized cannabis food, and I'm wonder how could they be deficient? So if there's lockout, it will look like a deficiency. When it happened to me, I added calcium and the leaves looked far worse the next day. So I removed everything and replaced with just plain pH'd water for the 48 hour flush. I'm going to do that this weekend to my small box grow, I have the feeling they will bounce back with a vengeance. I think it is a really good idea to do it on a regular basis, I just forget to...

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Oops failed to mention that did a flush! I also can pull my hose in the growmroom now , so I can rinse after the flush and did a good clean. I think the ww has bad genetics as well it had wierd two tof me leaves early on.
    The bb has been great. I checked my water it's been running 380 with nothing in it now it's 200 so doing math duh I've been slamming nutes to keep it at 1000. Learn learn learn. alltatup do you run plain phd water for the last few weeks?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, but if it gets worse, do a flush and give those roots a cleansing rest.

• Capncanna
    replied
    Did a res change and went to half nutes. Also a complete newbie mistake, my ph meter was off needed calibration. Cal mag comes tomorrow and I will add that. Just when you think you got it, something comes in and blows your mind.

Leave a comment:

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks gonna try it !

• Daskahn
    commented on 's reply
    6.2 is what I was told is best for calcium.. lots of rain will most deff change your water contents

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Saw that too but it's just the top leaves of 3 places. I'm gonna do a flush tomorrow just to be sure. And back off the nutes. I'm thinking calcium because I'm keeping ph lo for flowering 5.6 and thats out of range for uptake of calcium I think? >6.4 . That's off the top of my head so may be wrong .
    My feeding chart says I should be at 1400 ppm and I'm at 850. So ?
    All our water is from the aquifer and with this rain I wonder if the natural nutes in the water have changed that drastically . The ph has for sure.
    Thanks keep your fingers crossed.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Ouch! I have no idea. You're not over-feeding, are you? Is this it? http://www.growweedeasy.com/phosphor...iency-cannabis

• Capncanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks my guess too, guess I'll go buy some cal mag !

• Daskahn
    replied
    My guess some type of nute problem, probably calcium(protects against light damage)
    Last edited by Daskahn; 08-07-2017, 09:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X