demoralized here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

demoralized here.....

So, to say I've had a poor growing season would be an understatement. I thought I had some luck when seedlings I'd germinated had stuck around and didn't die. But my seven week old purple chemdawg photoperiod and three six week old autoflowers have only grown about three inches high (no lie). I realized that the indoor LED's I'd bought were TOO CLOSE. Otherwise, they look healthy. I started some other seeds today. Should I toss the ones I've had going all summer or should I continue with them and see what happens. I feel very stupid right now so feel free to pile on.

I usually like to see a little more groveling before giving advice. I need to feel the other person's pain.
    Maybe it's the drugs, but I am not requiring as much.
    Keep on with what you have going on. Unless the plants are in the way or infested or you want to save a few bucks on the fertilizer, there is no reason to stop. Lesson learned.
    Please, keep us informed of your future failures. If you are unable to talk about it, just show pictures. We will have much more negativity to lay on you if you give us more ammunition.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• OldManGrower
      OldManGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Hear! Hear!

thanks. will do

Comment

Give us some details about your grow setup and add photos if you can. Let's see what's going on.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

If you can keep them going I would. They have been filling your pots with roots and I have no doubt will burst forth soon.

Some of my best plants I've ever grown have been terribly slow starters.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I didn't know man, too close lights would not result in stunted plants that otherwise look good. I think it's a different problem. Post photos and details.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes we need details, and pics all in one thread.

Those 2 LEDs @ 78 watts each, is that from the wall or spoof watts? My mars hydro LEDs are 328 watts each from the wall, spoof watts is 2000 each.
          What are they growing in? Nutes/watering etc.? PH RH temps?

Comment

• Allenpro
            Allenpro commented
            Editing a comment
            "spoof watts" that is a perfect description

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          Those 2 LEDs @ 78 watts each, is that from the wall or spoof watts? My mars hydro LEDs are 328 watts each from the wall, spoof watts is 2000 each.
          What are they growing in? Nutes/watering etc.? PH RH temps?
          what are spoof watts? From the wall? I'm not sure what that means.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            My LED pulls 328 Watts from the power company, it claims to make 2000 watts of light, Watts from the wall 328 and spoof watts 2000.

To answer the other questions: they're in a 60:30:10 Coco/perlite/vermiculite mix. I have a humidifier going 24/7. I'm using Advance Nutrients brand nutes formulated for coco medium. Temperatures have been between 70-80 degrees Farenheit. I water when necessary.

Comment

Can you give us a link to the lights you have Weedfreak
            Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
            Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
            Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
            Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
            Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Water when necessary? Environment is a lot of the battle when you grow indoors.

Comment

you keep the humidifier on constantly? i don't think you need to do that even if you live in death valley. What's your humidity? Again, pics are worth a thousand words.

Comment

So here they are in all their 2"-3" of glory. I present 6 and 8 months worth of effort.

Comment

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are still going strong.

Is that a reflection or white stuff on the leaf?

Humidity today is 63%.

Comment

Thanks for sending. Stunted but otherwise looking healthy. When the leaves bend down like that it means it's a little too wet (or the lights are about to go off for the night). 63 percent humidity is fine but honestly even very low humidity is fine, depending on where you live I might just turn that thing off. It looks like your leaves are all wet, is your sensor calibrated or is it actually super super humid? Everything seems too wet. They've been growing for six months?? That's crazy. How warm is it in there? Also get your wattage figured out. My guesses are too much watering, too much humidity, not enough light. Maybe too cold.

Comment

• Bluey
                      Bluey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think you nailed it Franklin.

• dirtymike
                      dirtymike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Environment is the Key.

• Rootsruler
                      Rootsruler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep! I wonder if his tap root has even hit bottom yet.......

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X