No announcement yet.

Purple Bubba & the Old Riders of the Purple Sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transition to Bloom starts tomorrow - Here is a shot of the canopy just before the main event begins. Total amount of time for this grow spent keeping the canopy even? Maybe 10 minutes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Canopy_TTB-1.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	559655

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Always impressed with your grow.

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ck

Murphy's Law : What can go wrong will go wrong. Murphy was a hopeless optimist.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife and I are pessimist/optimist. She always says the pessimist wins. If things go south it's nothing more than what should be expected, "see, I told ya", If they go well "oh, wow! nice surprise (for a change)!" While I know what can go wrong will go wrong (eventually), just as everything that goes together comes apart, I also know that what can go right, will go right. The possibility for a negative outcome always exists, but in reality the probability can be reduced.

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      BU2B I think my wife is more optimist than me. She has been married to me for 58 years, that is a hopeless optimist. But hell she keeps winning.

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      If she's stuck around for 58 years, I'm thinkin' maybe she likes ya

Name:	BeHereNow.gif
Views:	194
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	559756

Comment

Now o'clock, I finally know when I am.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• BU2B
        BU2B commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s my reminder clock. I can either do something now or wait till now to get it done, but either way it’s time for it to get done now.

Week 9 Day 1: 14, March 2022 It’s Pi Day! 3.14

Click image for larger version  Name:	AD062239-DCD7-441D-85A2-11A0A742EDFC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	214.8 KB ID:	559763
      Photo Updates will be appearing any time ‘now’.
      and here they are -

Day one of Transition to bloom has arrived! Well, in 2 hours, so I’m calling it!
      Hard to believe the girls went from
      Click image for larger version  Name:	58B7B29C-C51D-4C27-B6B2-9C630DF9BF1E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.53 MB ID:	559767
      This
      Click image for larger version  Name:	33B6C805-F8B2-4068-AF37-A6927A92D91B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.86 MB ID:	559765
      To This - in just 3 days!
      Both girls except Little suzie are now 33cm (about 13”) tall and are drinking close to 3 liters per day. We will hopefully be looking at flowers before the weekend.
      Here is TOKABIGONE ‘s Critical Mass as of 4:20 pm Sunday
      Click image for larger version  Name:	56F43E14-F914-4B64-BE84-1B218AF87734.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	712.9 KB ID:	559764
      and the donated Critical Mass that went to my neighbor
      Click image for larger version  Name:	81B87F32-9768-4CA1-975D-B3EF8672EA9A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.02 MB ID:	559768

Everyone’s close to ½ way done at this point. The fun part is just getting started 😎

Name:	E2214BC9-46AE-4B78-872E-00BE0752C62D.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	4.36 MB
ID:	559805
      Last edited by BU2B; 03-14-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the time on the stage:

After giving it some thought for some time I've decided this is probably going to be my last grow journal. It's still GWE for me but showing the same thing over and over again with grow after grow is more of an ego trip than it is helpful. I've settled into a routine that works for me and unless or until I find something else that seriously grabs my attention, I really don't have any plans to change anything up in a major way from here on out.

Hopefully I have and will continue to offer helpful hints on how to get the most from your grows with better results for less effort. As always if you find BU2B's PPP Method useful and of benefit to you, please share it with others keeping distribution conditions A,B & C in mind (A.) You acknowledge this is NOT your intellectual property (B.) You MUST include the tag growweedeasy.com somewhere in your distribution & (C.) It would be nice if you gave me a heads-up and mention but it is NOT required for distribution..

The goal is still to get as many people as possible growing so much dank bud that the only way for the cannabis movement to go will be forward!

I enjoy watching and reading others grows, journals and comments and I'm sure sometimes I will simply have to say something. However, repetitive grow journals just for the sake of something to do that really don't reveal or discuss anything new from my last grow are best left off the menu. I've no intention of skimping on the remainder of this journal but when it's done- I'm pretty much done with grow journals.

The grouchyoldman and I still plan to include an update to BU2B's PPP Method at the end of this journal, so if you have questions, comments, things to say, stuff to talk about or suggestions that ought to be included in the update - you've got 'about' 2 months from today to post them. I'll do my best to answer any and all questions and make sure that any pertinent topics related to BU2B's PPP Method make it into the updated version.

Thanks to everyone for tuning in over the years. You're an amazing group of people and should be proud of the good you do.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the ride and hopefully some nice buds to finish up at the end of the line from and for everyone involved.

Happy Pharming!
        BU2B

Name:	HomeGrown.gif
Views:	206
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	559771
        Last edited by BU2B; 03-14-2022, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Transition to Bloom Day 2: 15, March 2022 SMALL UPDATE

TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN. Tub change to Flowering Nutes. After the tub change it was time to splay the girls out once again in preparation for those tasty buds. Unless I screw it up; which is always an option, it’s looking an awful lot like a 1.5 lb minimum harvest about May 15th.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	9B63D870-F6BE-4CE3-BADD-74CE996375F0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.89 MB ID:	559943
          Click image for larger version  Name:	0CA24119-BD64-4CDD-8D13-FBCFE3F812B8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.73 MB ID:	559942
          A few pre-flowers but I’m hoping to count Friday the 18th as Day 1 of Flowering
          Last edited by BU2B; 03-15-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Transition to Flower: 16 March 2022

Check out all those tender young bud sites 😎

Name:	5A5951A6-ED1C-413A-AF75-401F10520737.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	560054
            The tent is getting a bit full - with a lot more full-ish-ness to come!

Comment

Full-ish-ness is my favorite past time now., well not just now...
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

OMG those gals are HUGE! My one remaining lady is looking much stronger now that I got her drainage problem figured out. This grow has not been my finest hour. Early failures with non germination then no sprout when planted. Then I drowned 2 of the 3 survivors so basically I would just hope to finish 1 plant with 4 or 5 oz for use. The Great Purple Bubba Challenge has gone by the wayside unfortunately so I'm I'm looking forward to starting my grow for landrace Sativa strain seeds I have years ahead of me on this project so I will be busy and do not plan to do a journal unless a special grow comes along. I will pop in on occasion to say Hi. BU2B and I have a couple of private projects to work out and I feel very privileged to have made a friend out of this and to learn as much as I can while having fun!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20220318_091847_416.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	560196 All things considered I have a very pretty remaining plant. She is small in structure but has been thru Hell! 8 inches tall and 10 wide at about 7 weeks old and has some growing to do. I think she will be a 10 week veg before stretch. I'm running lights 24/0 until the stretch. She will be fed casting and fish tea 1-2 times per week with plain filtered not pH adjusted water from a 4 stage filter on the tap in between. I'm still having fun and consider the trials as a learning experience. BU2B is afraid I'm quitting but no worries... Never Give Up! You will most likely see future double posting threads from us as well!
                Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 03-18-2022, 01:33 PM.
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• BU2B
                  BU2B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hang in there my friend. You've got this!

• Puglover1
                  Puglover1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi TOKA - do you find the fully-watered 7 gal bags to be rather heavy? I almost bought some last night on a rainforest lightning deal but I was hesitant. Your girl is looking good!

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Pugs I would say they are not unmanageably heavy tho I'm a 74 yo man with not much strength left. I will say now that they will fool you if you don't manage your water carefully. I made some fatal rookie errors early on when I tried to manage them as if they were 5 gal. I did not use the lift the pot method due to the weight thinking I had it all figured out. Nevermore!

Flowering Day 1: 19, March 2022 (Estimated Harvest Date: 19/20, May 2022)
                Click image for larger version  Name:	FloweringDay1_031922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	560282
                Little Suzie, Suzie 2 & Hazel (actual flower photo's coming soon - they're there, I promise)

Comment

Yeah yeah big beautiful hydro plants. PpffFttt!! C'mon soil growers cheer for me!

Name:	Resized_20220318_091847_3866.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	560288
                  This is what a proper pot plant looks like!

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                    Bowhunterwoody commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Give em hell TOKABIGONE ! Just veg that thing til it's bigger than his.

• TOKABIGONE
                    TOKABIGONE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Bowhunterwoody for the support. I knew there was more than one of me!

• Smallgrow
                    Smallgrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Go Soil !
                    Who needs stupid water anyway, 😉

Name:	S1S2FD2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	560392Click image for larger versionName:	image_152805.jpgViews:	8Size:	52.1 KBID:	560380 Click image for larger version

Name:	HFD2.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	560391
                  Last edited by BU2B; 03-20-2022, 10:01 PM.

Comment

On a lighter note or maybe not so light as it also deals with death. My lone survivor is starting to look more healthy so I spread her out a bit and staked her down.

Name:	Resized_20220318_091847_416 (1).jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	560382

And then there's this.... I let the dead girls dry out in the pots so I could pull them up easily .... What Roots? All this time I thought they gave up due to being over watered but NO! And they showed no symptoms of dry like wilting or drooping! Even after 10 days one time when I decided to see how far they could go but I chickened out and watered them. NO change before or after ... weird!

Name:	Resized_20220320_140337_9664.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	560383

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                      TOKABIGONE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      At least you did differentiate the two

• BU2B
                      BU2B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Strange … if you’re a person and you’re dirty it’s considered better than being soiled! 🤣

• Puglover1
                      Puglover1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      BU2B

Mundane Monday: 21st of March (SPRING) 2022

Remember earlier I mentioned about me doing the same thing over and over again? To prove my point - here are todays pictures of the girls @ flowering day 3 - I’m also tossing in a pic from the same time from my previous journal - let me know if you can spot which is which.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	27D12295-98EA-4D0E-9482-F526DBE6D198.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.15 MB ID:	560471Click image for larger version  Name:	C7356DE4-7F53-448E-9653-A578E5D514E5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	560473Click image for larger version  Name:	E4DEF65F-7B36-49B4-BDF2-3F57B48B82FD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.80 MB ID:	560472
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	718590D7-0D72-4029-A8F9-3A67C07FD7CB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	560474
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	81901C98-5CB1-4E5C-B85F-D364444DB007.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.92 MB ID:	560475Click image for larger version  Name:	EAD40992-5164-4647-B3EB-E60F1EB80FAB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	465.6 KB ID:	560477Click image for larger version  Name:	2711D023-9F28-45AC-912A-E58A19B68452.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	560476
                    Next update - Flowering week 2
                    Highlight Between Here -| The last photo is from the previous grow |- and Here for the answer
                    Last edited by BU2B; 03-22-2022, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• Smallgrow
                      Smallgrow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m gonna say the third last one is the old grow??? I think

• grouchyoldman
                      grouchyoldman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I going with Smallgrow on the quiz, but the real point is how consistent the results are with your BU2B PPP method. Really Impressive Maestro!
                      PS, look for BU2BPPP_V2 in your email.

• Smallgrow
                      Smallgrow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Absolutely agree with Grouchy , amazing results. Makes a guy consider switching grow styles

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X