Purple Bubba & the Old Riders of the Purple Sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*NOTE*
    BU2B's PPP Method will be undergoing a revision in the next few months. grouchyoldman has agreed once again to put his amazing wordsmithing skills to work while at the same time trying to decode what I have written. With any luck I am hoping to have V2.0 available for download by the end of this grow. (AND yes, it will be a direct virus checked link as GWE limits uploads *except .png files - to 5mb or less.) IF there are questions or topics that you would like the updated version to address please PM me and I will make sure they are answered or clarified in the V2.0 release

Have a great weekend folks and Happy Pharming! Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	557838
    Last edited by BU2B; 02-24-2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Week 6 Day 6
      s1S2 & Hazel are free from their bonds for a few weeks. They will just be folded out as needed for the next 2 plus weeks. Transition to bloom will begin March 14th at which point I will change up nutes and add 2 hours of darkness per day until the girls get to 12.5 hours.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	40F41447-CA3F-4B89-A3C0-960209C9BAE8.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	558098

Name:	E0905AF4-A30E-45A8-A960-CC45A1D7D1D6.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	558097

Comment

Week 6 Day 7 Do you see what I see?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	D5A291C6-35DD-4333-BD29-02E2210990AE.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	329.0 KB ID:	558155
        Last edited by BU2B; 02-27-2022, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          I see it.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Somethings white?

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          She’s ready to bust forth big buds

Sorry bout the spider mites BU2B. What are you gonna do?.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• BU2B
          BU2B commented
          Editing a comment
          Phhhht! 😂

Joke btw. It's a girl.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Looking good!!
          4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
          GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
          Second.Grow​​
          PC.Grow
          Grow.3
          4th.Grow
          I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Week 7 Day 1
            The Big Picture
            Click image for larger version  Name:	404F9133-0C70-4947-9DF5-32D02BAA9351.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	558319
            suzie1 & Suzie 2 (left) with sister Hazel (right)
            the girls except s1 are now @ 25.4cm (10 inches) tall

Name:	6B32AAAD-BC8F-4C1C-B0F8-141006DDBA15.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	558324
            Last edited by BU2B; 03-01-2022, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
              grouchyoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Very Nice Presentation Sir!

Originally posted by BU2B

just a reminder

Name:	putin killer.png
Views:	235
Size:	672.0 KB
ID:	558330

Comment

• BU2B
              BU2B commented
              Editing a comment
              KILLER's should be singled out and made note of - hopefully put away somewhere safe, but I'm still standing by my belief that killing the killers makes you a killer (regardless of the reason or intent). THIS is the human dilemma, do we put them away and stop them from breeding and remove that inclination from the future or do we just shoot them and say YOU OUT OF THE GENE POOL NOW!
              "Don't you know we are the roots that hold this tree
              Feeding the branches and all of its leaves
              Love and truth shall always prevail
              Raise them high and we will set sail
              No ocean to wide, No mountain to high
              Our feet on the ground and our heads in the sky"
              ghosts t.hall

Week 7 Day 3 & 4
            The girls are growing like crazy and keeping me on my toes when it comes to defoliation. Hazel in particular is about as FULL as she can get. I have been removing leaves daily and even had to re-tie them with training wire to keep them as spread out as possible. I’ve pretty much given up on little suzie. Anyone need trees for their model train set? Buds are gonna be tiny on that one. Here they are as of early afternoon today.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	F5C22126-55CA-4A37-B050-AE5D3E99B667.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	558485
            s1&S2 (Purple Platinum Kush) & Hazel (Purple Bubba)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.42 MB ID:	558591
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5134.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	558590Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	558589
            Root images just after refilling with aggressive growth nutrients (water level 7.5cm/3" below net pot when full)
            Last edited by BU2B; 03-03-2022, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2B

just a reminder
              So you are a pacifist... me too, but I wonder what I would feel and do if my country was invaded,
              if my people were killed, my friends, old, young, children, women and men, I truly don't know...
              These are troubled times. Peace...
              Active Pacifist - The case for non-violent resolution to conflict and war.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/01/o...-pacifist.html
              That's a good song and good lyrics "Ghosts" by Trevor Hall! Never heard it before, and I like it a lot.

Comment

Week 8 Day 1: March 7, 2022

Wow! Week 8 already, time has been flying and crawling and getting on with its passing. So, after 7+ weeks of seeing the girls I thought it was time for a proper introduction. First up is Hazel, she is Purple Bubba Feminized and here is some of her background and specs quoted from the sellers site- Original Harvest Seeds

Purple Bubba marijuana is a beautiful, pure indica hybrid that bursts with brilliant, juicy flavor and color. This fragrant strain boasts a short and sturdy structure that does well in the hands of a novice, who will be thrilled with its potency and yield.

Treat Purple Bubba marijuana seeds to a controlled environment, plenty of light, and excellent ventilation and patient growers will be rewarded with an average yield of 10 to 12 ounces of sticky and high-potency pot – Purple Bubba can top out at 25% THC, making it a delicious force to be reckoned with.

A sweet way to find relief, the 100% indica-hybrid Purple Bubba marijuana soothes consumers with its fruity profile and blankets those in need with deep relaxation. Combined with a touch of euphoric bliss, this strain is ideal for combatting stress and depression, insomnia, loss of appetite, and mild or chronic physical discomforts.

Visually appealing with an aroma that won’t quit, Purple Bubba marijuana is an excellent addition to any garden, and flowers in a typical indica time frame – 7 to 9 weeks.
                Original Harvest Seeds
                Indica
                55-65 days
                25%
                Low (<2%)
                Happy, Relaxing, Sleepy
                Up to 350g/m²
                Up to 400 gr
                Cramps, Nausea, Stress
                Berry, Sour, Sweet
                Intermediate
                Feminized
                Photoperiod
                Indoor/Outdoor
                Medium

Next up on the podium we have little suzie and Suzie 2 both of these girls are Platinum Purple Kush. Here's their specs: Dutchman Seeds

The criteria for ranking cannabis strains may be circumspect, but with characteristics like bold, juicy flavor and a creative-driven high, it’s easy to understand why anyone would hold a bud like Platinum Purple Kush in such high regard.

Platinum Purple Kush marijuana will make you feel like you’ve hit the big time, but she’s not the kind of cannabis strain to be wasted behind glass. Yes, her THC content will leave you in the dark until it’s time to light up (it can range anywhere between 12% and 23%) but her effects will make your body smile from head to toe. Deeply relaxed with a touch of the giggles, Platinum Purple Kush will be your new night-time companion. Chronic pain, stress, and depression are no match for the sedative qualities of this fruity, earthy cannabis strain.

For all intents and purposes, Platinum Purple Kush will thrive if planted either indoors or out, but she is a relatively tricky plant to cultivate, and so has been labelled for those with intermediate to master cannabis gardening experience. Sticky, heavy buds don’t happen overnight; she must be nurtured with tender loving care to produce the fragrant, fat nugs that have made her so popular. With that in mind, the patient gardener will be able to harvest a moderate yield after at least seven weeks in the flowering stage.
                Dutchman Seeds
                Indica
                60-70 days
                23%
                Low (<2%)
                Euphoric, Happy, Relaxing
                Up to 450g/m²
                Up to 450 gr
                Depression, Insomnia, Pain
                Berry, Earthy, Grape
                Master
                Feminized
                Photoperiod
                Indoor/Outdoor
                Medium

Click image for larger version  Name:	s2S2w8d1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.77 MB ID:	558987

little suzie & Suzie 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	HazelW8d1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.25 MB ID:	558988
                Hazel
                A Peek Under their Skirts

Click image for larger version  Name:	s1S2UnderW8d1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	558990Click image for larger version  Name:	s1W8d1Under.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	558991Click image for larger version  Name:	HazelUnderW8d1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	558989
                First up suzie & Suzie, special feature Little Suzie, Hazel

Suzie & Suzie - have a look at those stalks! Hard to believe that Little Suzie is 5 days older than her sister. This is the first time I ever grown a Midget cannabis plant - or Dwarf or whatever she is. But she is without a doubt the smallest cannabis plant I have EVER grown. At the start of week 8 she is a whopping 12.7cm tall (5 inches) and is perfectly formed and healthy just a tiny waif of a thing.

I'm not sure of the yield I will get from Susie 2 as she started out being trained as half a plant so she doesn't have as many branches as my usual grows do. I'll be happy with whatever I get as both of the Suzies have brought a lot of excitement that I normally wouldn't have. They're both beautiful plants and have been a great addition to my growing number of grows.

Hazel. What can I say about Hazel that isn't obvious from the first glance? I just keep thinking how glad I am that the 4th fim-ed branch didn't take off! She if packed to gills with growth tips - how many? Good question! I'll find out when I kick them into flower and see which growth tips are going to be kept and which ones are going to have to go, and some are going- no question about that. I have been removing a large handful of leaves from her almost daily to try and keep growth tips exposed but she is growing them back about as fast as I take them off.

I think that's all I have to report for now folks- unless I see that there are comments, questions or requests the next update will be at the start of Transition to Bloom - next Monday 14th of March 2022.
                IF I can keep my mouth shut for a week! lol

In closing for this post - I leave with a shot of the girls. Week 8 Day 1
                Click image for larger version  Name:	BothW8d1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.39 MB ID:	558992
                Platinum Purple Kush - left. Purple Bubba - right
                Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	558993

Comment

The Seeds Of Freedom are still growing but I do have some news
                  I am posting this regarding my grow buddy TOKABIGONE 's growing efforts. No he hasn't fallen off of the edge of world, and no all his plants are NOT dead. Because I am also happy to count him as a friend I think I can say circumstance, a forgetful friend, and time have beaten his best efforts up a bit I'm afraid. I will leave it up to him to disclose details at his rate... but I am happy to report, YES he does still have at least one horse in this race and that we are both STILL limping along at our own pace.
                  Last edited by BU2B; 03-09-2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Week 8 Days 4/5: 10-11 March 2022 Pre-flower Defoliation

The girls are being cleaned up tonight & early morning in prep for Mondays Transition to bloom. A few more leaves will be removed before dawn but after that no more big defoliations until around week 3 of flowering - which will be here before you know it or I have much chance to think about it. As the clock is ticking and new leaves are growing as I type I suppose I should post a few photo's of the girls in their relative nakedness with nodes exposed. The Bare Naked Ladies
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Preflower_Defoliation Week 8.jpg Views:	11 Size:	4.72 MB ID:	559423
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Preflower_Defoliation Hazel 8.jpg Views:	13 Size:	4.48 MB ID:	559421
                    Hazel (Purple Bubba)
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Preflower_Defoliation s1S2 8.jpg Views:	11 Size:	4.46 MB ID:	559422
                    Little Susie & Suzie 2 (Platinum Purple Kush)
                    The plan is still for the girls to kick into Transition to Bloom on Pi Day 3.14. A cursory count of flowering growth tips reveals: Suzie 2 has around 30, Hazel over 80! The training has accomplished its goal; more flowering growth tips without adding time to the grow.
                    Last edited by BU2B; 03-11-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
                      Ckbrew commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have been reviewing this thread and following your time line, comparing the amount of growth with my present endeavor. I have all the structure, going by size I think I'm about 1.5 weeks behind in growth.

Growing Pains - 11, March 2022:

When the hair brained idea for this grow was hatched it's intent was a good time and maybe a few old fart jokes and witty stone-icisms while watching the grass grow. That's about it really, the weed was gonna grow or not grow regardless of whether we documented the event, so I figured why not? It's been good and bad and good for me (often not as funny as it seems) but I've carried on carrying on, not much else to do whether things are good, or bad. My dear friend TOKABIGONE hasn't made it as unscathed as I have this far into the show. I think this grow kinda killed his growing spirit and I feel pretty bad about that.

If you look here https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...755#post557755 when you have a chance, AND if you are astute and pay more attention than I do you will be able to assess for yourself what became the issue with my buddies plants. Several reasons I feel bad, first I coaxed him into this to begin with, "oh sure, it will be fun...", when things started going pear shaped, I smiled and grinned and never gave it much thought. Hey, it's TOKA, he's got this. AND the real topper? When he asked for help and wondered what was going on I didn't give him the time and attention that I would have given joe newbie with the same issues. Thank goodness for the grow journal eh? I mean that just put him on the spot and left him feeling like he had to explain what happened and how it really wasn't that big of deal TO THE AUDIENCE! It's like asking everyone to show up for the dinner party and then having to explain how the meal may not be exactly what you asked everyone to show up for.

It's now been over 2 weeks since he has posted here, I really don't know if he will and whatever he decides or what he chooses to discuss or reveal is perfectly fine by me. He's a great guy, and a good friend but I think this grow has been growing pain for him since we started.

Comment

Aw shucks BU2B I'm just being a whiny cry baby cuz my grow went south. Why you say? If I knew the full answer I might feel a little better but it appears that I managed to drown my roots in cloth pots by placing them directly on the heating mat with no elevators or gravel underneath. Did I know better? Yes. It seems I became quite complacent with this grow on autopilot and didn't pay attention. My error, my bad not you BU2B! Have I learned anything? Yeah I think so. I hope so. So I currently have one plant left. It's a Critical Mass. I'm hoping it will grow out of it's funk now that it has drainage provided. If not it's on to the next grow. We can be our own worst enemies at times.

Name:	Resized_20220311_170745_7949.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	559504
                      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                      make pH correction unnecessary
                      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Smallgrow
                        Smallgrow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Man that sucks , I was enjoying the idea of the side by side. Especially the living soil since that’s how I grow too.
                        I’ll second what SoOrbudgal said as well. Usually more is learned from or failures than successes.

I never thought of a heat mat with the mature plants, interesting idea. I suffer from lack of heat and need a heater during the dark period. I’m probably going to switch to all LED next indoor season that will likely make it worse.
                        Do you use the mat for this?
                        Or just to warm the roots a bit like with germination ?

• TOKABIGONE
                        TOKABIGONE commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks SoOrbudgal and Smallgrow. I used the heat mat as my grow is outside on a covered porch with lows in the 20's to keep the roots warm. About 70 degrees is where I kept it and they were doing well until I F'ed up without thinking. Never get complacent with a grow because Old Murphy is always lurking and will catch you out!

• Puglover1
                        Puglover1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey TOKA - you know Murphy well too, eh? I was a rebel, got a tat on Good Friday 1977 before girls did that. If I get another it will be Murphy's Law, red ink, GoT font.

I look forward to watching you finish the CM, I have those seeds. Sorry for your loss.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X