My Vent Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Vent Thread

Why are there so many hoops to jump through before getting to talk with a company representative on the telephone? It wasn't like this, not long ago.
    I have just been told by a machine that it couldn't let me talk to someone, at the moment, I should call back, and hung up on. This after a few minutes of giving it information.
    Scripted platitudes that make me want to tell a person to buck off and answer my forking question. No. You don't know how I feel. No. If you look deep, deep down past your anonymous, telephone bank driven, minimum wage soul, you don't care, but are breathlessly hoping I don't open my can of ginger whoop-ass and ginger beer bong it to you.
    Seller, middleman, and shipper say a package was delivered. Therefore, it is, bible-sworn testimony that the package was delivered. I've been given several useful tips on where I might find the hand-of-God delivered package because I might have missed it.
    Good golly but I'm upset. Where's my dog? Dabber! Git chir ball! Git it...
    I'm high when I write this and the missing package is for my pH pen. Ergo, this is weed related.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Sounds like your experiencing "tele-hell". Me thinks it was Amazon...yes? You think that's bad...try getting service (in Canada) for Samsung products...their customer service is virtually non existent.

Big business looks at it this way...there are only a fraction of sales that need service and in order to keep profits high, spend as few resources on service as possible...like outsourcing to other countries.

Bottom line is this...pay a little more and buy it from a small company it will pay off in the end.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I prefer to give my money to Elon.
      It's UPS I'm having issue with. Neither the seller nor eBay need be involved unless UPS is useless and I have to go for a refund through eBay.

• transcend
      transcend commented
      Editing a comment
      From all accounts Samsung product service is non-existent all over the world.. especially on whiteware.
      I've read stories of fridges going rusty well within the warranty period and the support centre blame the customer for the way they use it!?

It appears that they got rid of the people and installed the AI. You didn't ask a question the AI could answer and it just shut you off.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Story of my life, actually. People ask questions but don't like my answers. Stupid Senate.

UPS says the address they have associated with my tracking number is not the one the seller sent. Yet, the UPS tracker shows the correct address.
    It is amazing how calm I'm keeping about this. Don't get me wrong. I feel like drowning a baby animal. But I haven't. That's progress, y'all!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

I work for a certain company (don't ask) that uses off-shored phone banks too. I have to face customers in their homes and I always get asked how to get around all that and talk to a native speaker from the get-go. Never pressing a button after the first prompt used to work because the machine assumed that you are using a rotary phone and would be forced to hand off the call. It may still work for some other companies though.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I usually hit zero or say 'operator' from the get-go. But that AI concierge bitch cock blocked me at every turn.
        If I'm able to take my ginger wrath out on a live person, I insist on talking to a supervisor without telling the current operator what I want. If I can talk to a competent person, I'm all smiles. The worst person to deal with can be the owner of a company. But they can be the best, as well. eBay hooked me up with another issue. I am currently optimistic about chances of remuneration or replacement.
        Anyone know where I can hook up with the Analog Underground? The one stockpiling analog anti-technology items to nigh overthrow the digital overlords, only to be digitally destroyed in fire? Not the record store. I don't have a record player. I prefer Pandora.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

Gingerbeard Just tell her I know where you live fatima !! See if that helps ?
          Last edited by PRIMO; 12-18-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I went round and round with the DirecTV Robot a couple of years ago. I mean menu, options, screaming at it. I was a customer for 17 years, not my first rodeo. Finally the DTVR: What would you like to do next? Me: Slit my throat. DTVR: I can help you with that.
            Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I called our DMV and after being on hold a few minutes got a message saying “Due to the high volume of calls we are no longer accepting calls” and it hung up on me. Sometimes with the robots if you start using every cuss word you know it will send you to a person.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                UndergroundFarmer commented
                Editing a comment
                It worked in Judge Dredd for the titular character's acquisition of toilet paper too!

• Jebidiah
                Jebidiah commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha I forgot about that!! I still don’t understand the shells either….I kinda thought I would have figured it out as I got older.

There's a hold tune that's real quiet and pleasant, like. If you make a sound, you get a calming crashing wave. Like it's telling you, 'HUsshhsshh'
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6
              Nutes
              CalMag

Comment

Why do you need the info immediately? Wait a couple of days for them to return an email. Your plant cannot change in 2 days.

Comment

Oreo It's like this.

1. Someone took my money in exchange for a product to be delivered to me on a certain day. It wasn't.
                  a. Don't fork with my money.
                  2. Seller's initial response was that the tracking information showed the package was delivered. It wasn't.
                  3. Shipper's response was that the tracking information showed the package was delivered. It wasn't.
                  a. The address information they have is not mine.
                  4. I have to wait for the seller and shipper to get together and figure out what to do.
                  5. I don't need the pen. I've been using my neighbor's for years. Every month, I buy something for my current grow, or my next: nutes, soil, seeds, fans, and such.
                  6. I don't like having to track down other peoples' mistakes. I made a lot of money doing that in my career. This is borderline frustrating because I have to wait to see if the other parties are doing what they need to do.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6
                  Nutes
                  CalMag

Comment

I get it. People make a deal, take your money, don't give a dam, and point fingers. I spent 47 years in retail. From the start it was hammered into me that after you are done if a sale was made or not, say thank you. These days when I make a purchase somewhere I wait for it. Usually there is nothing, but me staring back waiting for thanks for my patronage. Cancel the payment, and tell the seller to FO.
                    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

PRIMO I saw a CCTV video of an 'office' somewhere in India. They were talking to a man about paying $1200 for a computer repair where India needed remote access to his computer.
                      At the end of the conversation, India was really pissed off at broken computer guy. He was spouting off BCG's address and telephone number and such and telling him he was going to flake him up. It was real cool. You sure as shift don't get that kind of personal service with AI, wot?
                      Then there was the one where some country called a sheriff's office...
                      And the number of robo calls we get in our elevator. Those scare the h-e-double hockey sticks out of Dabber. It can be unnerving to hear 'Your warranty has expired.' when riding in an elevator that has a history of breakdowns.
                      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6
                      Nutes
                      CalMag

Comment

Gingerbeard When I get the calls, I tell them, I've been trying to reach you about about your car warranty.......

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X