Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigMak
    replied
    I think the LST worked well on my older lady and all 4 of them seem to be growing well. Any advice on the LST I've done? I'm thinking I'll let it be for the next week or so and see how it goes. How often does everyone else train their plants? Is it a daily thing? Weekly?

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    I do what Canuck147 is talking about during the super dry months in winter. I put a wet towel on a clothes hanger inside the tent. It raises the RH quickly.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    I'll give it a try if the humidity starts to drop below 40%.. right now it's hovering right around 50% which I think is good and from my research, as the girls grow, they will increase the humidity inside also.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Instead of humidifier one can put objects that are wet in the tent - pot of water/wet towel........

• dhll999
    commented on 's reply
    Good job your doing well keep us posted I would like to see how it turns out

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good BigMak Such bravery looks like you have a great handle on what LST is supposed to do and how it works. Don't be shy to cut a fan leaf or two off if they are shadowing bud sites (I see below that you are also learning about that). Great start and Good luck!

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know about the temps and humidity is hard for me. Where I live is so dry that even with the humidifier on 24/7 I barely get to 50%. Hoping that once the girls grow more the humidity will also go up.

I've started to do a lot of reading on pruning and topping so that will be my next thing. Pruning the fan leaves that are covering any bud sites. Topping maybe on my next grow.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    I think I will do a journal for my next grow but will definitely keep this thread updated with my progress. Everyone here has been great and I hope to be able to give advice one day also.

• Canuck147
    replied
    First off BigMak - great job on your setup - excellent start.

Your Temps will be fine - most cannabis plants like it on the tropical side. Try to keep humidity around 50% or so.

All I grow is autoflowers. Not a big fan of LST myself - if the plants nodes are too close together then i don't attempt LST. But sometimes branches need to pulled away from each other.

I usually top my autoflowers then instead of LST I remove fan leaves that are blocking bud sites that are beneath those big fan leaves. Do it properly and one only has to remove 4 pairs of leaves to develop those branches beneath. This will leave you with 8 colas and probably a couple more from the middle.

Good luck growing.

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent! Have you considered continuing on with a journal? I'm about 2 weeks behind you on my second grow, I'm going to try topping I think.
    At least come back and show some progress reports. I'm interested in seeing your results!
    Last edited by Catfish22; 04-06-2021, 09:51 AM.

• BigMak
    replied
    So I did a thing last night.. After watching a bunch of youtube videos by Bill Ward as suggested by dhll999 I decided to give LST another shot and I think it worked out quite well. Here's the shot last night after I did the LST and this morning. Looks like she liked the extra light on the other nodes

Leave a comment:

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks and agree 100% on the reading. That's all I've been doing for the past 5 weeks before joining the forum, reading everything I can about the different processes around growing.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I really like watching his videos really cool

• MehakNich
    replied
    Originally posted by BigMak View Post
    Hi all,

First of I want to say thank you for not only approving my access to this forum but also for helping me in my first grow. I've used the website and these forums to educated myself as much as possible around growing my first plants.
    Hello BigMak !
    I'm a noob here and I'm happy to see someone else has cucceeded so much!

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    replied
    BigMak ,hi and welcome
    Awesome bunch of people here who are willing to share their experience and knowledge with anyone who asks.
    Just try to read the GWE tutorial before asking. You'll be able to ask good questions and understand the answers.
    I'm just finishing my first grow and I didn't do any LST. I am glad now that I just concentrated on growing healthy plants. I am 2 weeks into my second grow and I feel much more confident about trying topping and LST.
    Good luck and Happy farming!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X