Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Cool, I'll leave it a little longer and see how it goes and for water I do exactly what you said.. I check the soil each day to see if it's dry and then if it's dry I lift to pot to see if it's still heavy. If top of soil is dry and pot is light then I water

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Well hello BigMak those are beginning flowering so sometimes what i've seen in mine is they are changing hormones just like females do and powering into production mine will droop when it's lights out and they get abit chilled. I have no set time for watering and feeding yes i write done the day they have been feed so i don't over feed when all they is a drink of clean water. Lift that pot prior to watering if it light water if it's alittle heavy wait a day. Could be she's just adjusting to the LST also. Bold move for a new grower but she looks fine with it. I was watching Bill Ward today smoke report LOL

• BigMak
    replied
    HELP! Woke up this morning and my oldest girl is all droopy. It's watering day so I watered her and the other gals but still nothing. Not sure what I did.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    I've always had my light at the recommended distance by the manufacturer.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, thanks for the advice. I had no idea how far to put the light away from the plants as depending on what you read it's different and then you have to take into account the type of light, wattage, lumens, etc that my head was spinning. I stuck with the average of what I was reading and put them at about 12" from the top of the plants. Plan to keep it at 12" and just slowly move them up but for my next grow I'll start at 24" and see how it goes.

• george66
    replied
    Just a little tip for thew next time your growing autos,keep the light a little further away than usual so the plant stretches for the light and the gap between the nodes will be greater.It makes it alot easier to bend over and spread evenly You dont need to top them unless you realy want to but it wont increase your yield and only stresses the plant more.I grow mostly autos and this is how i always do it now.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Your plants are in preflower. Time to start feedling bloom nutes

• BigMak
    replied
    So I've done some LST to my oldest plant and I think it's looking good but how do you know when it's in the flowering stage and I should just let it be? I bought a macro lens for my phone and took some close up pictures. From my reading I need to look for the little white pistils which I think I'm seeing in the macro pic. If right does that mean my first plant is officially flowering? What do I do now? Just water and make sure it's healthy? Sorry for all the question just kinda excited that it's flowering.

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    That should work as long as you raise it when you raise the lights when the plants grow too close.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    No fan on the LED's, just the ballast and heatsink but they are actually pretty cool considering. Any reason why you have them 15mins on/off and do you see any issues with just letting the fan go 24/7 with the lights?

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Looks okay - don't your lights have their own fan?
    I have the same fan usually blowing over the tops of their heads - 15 minutes on 15 minutes off.

• BigMak
    replied
    UndergroundFarmer, just installed an oscillating fan as you suggested. Have it just about at the same level as the lights pointing down slightly. Is that a good position? I read that you don't want it blowing directly on the plants so I have it aimed just over them oscillating back and forth.

Leave a comment:

• dhll999
    commented on 's reply
    I adjust my plants about twice a week and pin or tie new branches into open spots in the canopy to cover the entire pot to create a round canopy and to keep everything at an even height...Sorry I am a little stoned so i hope this makes sense

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, didn't think it was that often.. I'll have to check them more often.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    It's a daily thing sometimes twice a day.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X