Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome advice and thank you! I've been checking PH and keeping it at around 6-6.5 and if I think of it as coco that means I'll have to start giving them nutes to it every watering period.

Thanks Mr.furley

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    You are right transplanting is not a big deal for a season Gardner/grower and can be done flawlessly with no impact. What you are missing is that a autoflower plant Has a pre determined biological clock and any disturbance can hinder the end result, Maybe nothing happened, maybe you'll harvest 4 week late, or maybe your yield will suffer It's a process you'll have to decide and work with personally.The next thing your are missing Is your soil will be depleted soon and I see your feeding liquid nutrients so all you need to do is Change your mindset from soil to coco, up your watering time, runoff amount, ph at 6.3 and they will stay happy as a clam in the 2 gallon for this grow without the risk.

Always plant autos in their forever home.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Pros/Cons to transplanting? I've done a bunch of research and again it seems to go both ways on whether to transplant during flowering or not. Some say that if you are careful there is little to zero impact, others just say don't do it as it's too risky. Seems that everything I read about growing is split down the middle on what you can/can't do.

My concern is that the 2 gallon pots they are in are making them root bound and will affect the end harvest. I plan to transplant the baby for sure as it's not in the flowering stage yet but would like to understand your reasoning for not doing the others.

Appreciate all the feedback and thanks for taking the time to provide it!

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Don't transplant your autos, especially at this age. Stay the course and buy 3 gallons smart pots for the next grow.

• BigMak
    replied
    Monday update

All 4 plants look to be doing well.

Oldest Lady (LST) - Seems to be growing well, not really growing up but the bud sites are getting bigger every day.
    Twin A (Topped/Pruning) - Looking good. have about 7 or so bud sites on it and the canopy is relatively flat.
    Twin B (Light Pruning only) - Really surprised how big the one girl is growing that I didn't do anything to except some minor pruning. She's getting tall fast and has at least 8 bud sites with the main one getting big fast.
    Baby - I topped the baby a few days ago and was going to try some LST but decided against it. I kinda like the look of the one I just topped with no LST.

One thing I have noticed though is that they are sucking up the water FAST. I used to be able to go 3 days easy with no water and now it's 2 days max. I think the 2 gallon smart pots I got are too small so ordered some 5 gallon ones that I'm going to move them into later this week. Hopefully that will help ensure they don't run dry when I'm not looking. I'm also alternating nutrients with each water, I've read pros/cons to this so also curious on any input the forum members may have.

In addition I've had to move up the lights a couple tims

Gotta admit I'm having fun growing these and learning as I go. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how I can improve them even more I'm all ears

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Hi BigMak This is normal. My plants do this sometimes. I was worried as well. As far as I can tell what is going on here is the plant is tired when they droop the leaves like this at the end of the day. That have already got their Daily Light Integral. With the root system they they have developed so far they are running full tilt trying to keep up with the amount of light that they are getting. They shut down shop when they cannot keep up anymore by drooping the leaves. You could reduce the amount of light that they are getting. You will also notice that further into the grow, after roots have developed more, they will do this less. However, I believe that it will not hurt them to droop like this. I would love to learn more about this if anyone else has more info.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks.. my first grow so a little over protective I guess

• RetiredGuy
    replied
    I believe it is normal based on the research I did when my autos were doing the same thing (scared me at first too!). I just harvested 2.5 ounces per plant so it didn’t hurt. I was running lights on 18/6 schedule and they would start drooping several hrs before lights out.

Leave a comment:

• BigMak
    replied
    Is this normal? My oldest girl seems to drop at least once a day but then perks up again the next morning. I have my lights currently on a 20/4 schedule, lights off from 12am-4am, but the drooping starts way before lights out. She's fully watered, ph levels checked, nutrients carefully measured and I wait until the pot is light so as not to overwater. She just looks so sad when she's all droopy it worries me.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    They all look great! Difference already showing in this experiment eh. Very cool. LST girl looking real good too.

• BigMak
    replied
    Here's the latest update. All 4 girls are growing like crazy. The one that surprises me the most though is the one I topped. I can't believe how many more bud sites then the one I just let grow.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Lol regardless BigMak I'm sticking around to see how this all turns out. I'll be great to see how they respond to the different methods.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    LOL yup.. first time growing but I did a TON of research prior..

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    This is neat...an experiment! Also, you are like really good at this. You're LSTing, topping, all plants looking good. Are you sure that you're new to this? Good stuff!

• BigMak
    replied
    Looks like she's back to normal

Also figured I'd try something with the twins. On Twin A I topped it, nothing else. Twin B I'm letting it grow with no LST, topping or anything else other than some minor pruning. As you can see, Twin A already has more bud sites then twin B. Will be interesting to see how they both turn out in the end.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X