Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you sir! Gotta admit I was stressed out over the Nute Burn but oeveral they came out ok. Can't wait to try them!

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Hey BigMak You did (and are doing) very good for your first run. Just look at that nice weed in them jars!! It's amazing how the plants still finish up pretty good considering we beat the shit out them sometimes eh. The plants looks amazing...tall fat buds!

• BigMak
    replied
    Sorry for being a day late.. My daughter had Lasik surgery on Friday and my weekend was crazy taking care of her.

My first harvest is curing in the jars, they dried really fast due to where I live. No humidity and high temps all summer long. Had the humidifier going 24/7 in the small tent where I was drying them and they still only took 5 days to dry. Going to try moving the small tent to the basement and use the bigger humidifier I have to try and lengthen out the drying time to at least a week or more.

My twins are about ready to harvest next. The one that I did nothing too looks will probably go down this weekend while the one that I topped I think I'll try and hold off another week on. My youngest one is not far behind. I think I would have gotten a better harvest if I didn't over do the nutes and give them nute burn but live and learn. Still think it's gonna be a pretty good harvest for my first time.

As always, thank you for all your inputs and even if you're just lurking, thanks for following my first grow.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Bammm! That's what it's all about You did great! That plant is ALL buds. Nice harvest too.

• BigMak
    replied
    So I know it's not Monday but I did a thing today. Gonna be busy all weekend moving my daughter back home from school so figured I'd harvest my oldest plant today. Did a bunch of reading and watching some youtube videos and I think I did ok. From the one plant I got over 8oz wet, don't know if that's good or not but I'm happy with it.

Let me know what you think and thank you again for everyone that helped me through my first grow. Just gotta get through the dry and cure now.

Leave a comment:

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks JeffInCanada for all your advice and support.. never thought growing a "weed" could be SO stressful. Figure if I can get this grow complete then it will only get better and I have to have my lessons learned list or else I'd forget what I was gonna do lol

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    Hey BigMak
    They really do not look all that bad being so close to harvest and all. They do look a little rough but you're still going to get some kickass weed, a lot of kickass weed. I think the purple coloring is likely normal. I make a list of things to improve on too, after a grow. Great idea of you to do that. The list gets shorter as we go (maybe slowly but it does get shorter). You're doing very good for the first time. Better than my first grow that is for sure. It can only get better from here. Good luck and keep the posts coming!
    Last edited by JeffInCanada; 05-24-2021, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BigMak
    replied
    Another week gone and this one has flown by. I've flushed all three of my older plants all week with PH balanced water and I think the oldest one is super close to harvesting and guessing I'll be cutting her down next weekend as long as some more of the trichomes turn amber.

As for the twins, I'm not sure what's happening to them and I've tried to use the plant troubleshooter but still not sure why the leaves are turning that dark purple color? Maybe I flushed them for too long and now they need some additional nutes? Has anyone seen this before and if so what's the cause/fix?

Kinda getting nervous about the harvest but I plan on doing a lot more reading and video watching this week to make sure I understand what needs to be done.

Thanks to everyone for all their advice and support during my first grow.

I few things I've already learned and plan to do for next grow:
    • Bigger pots. The 2 gal ones just don't cut it and I have a few 5 gal ones ready to go for next round
    • Start them all at the same time. As much fun as I had growing and experimenting with them, having them on different cycles means a LOT more work when it comes to water and nutrient schedules.
    • Slow down on the nutes. I started at full strength according to the manufacture directions. Way too much and ended up burning them, next time I'm gonna start with 1/4 strength and monitor them closer
    • Invest in a better PH pen, I bought the cheap vivosun one and even directly after calibrating, the reading are off. Been relying on the drops and color chart for the most part now until I can find a decent PH pen that will last longer than a few months.
    • Just keep learning and growing

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Tent looks nice and full of buds! You're still going to get a real good harvest. It's amazing how they still bud up even if we put them through some abuse (speaking from experience). 2 weeks out looks fair to me. Thanks for the update BigMak

• Floopydoop
    commented on 's reply
    I recommend a Pirate accent. I mean, he did mention flogging ffs.

• BigMak
    replied
    It's time again for the weekly update.. I think I've gotten over the majority of the nute burn I caused and I'm thinking I have maybe 2 weeks before I'm ready for harvest on the oldest one. Attached some close ups, sorry for the quality, and it looks like all the trichomes are cloudy/clear so just waiting for more of them to become amber as I primarily use it for sleep/relaxation.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    I bet that you'll keep them alive long enough to harvest. At least for sure your odds are better than Vegas house odds that you will. First time grow learning...it was going too good. LOL. Just try and steer them home to harvest as best as possible. Figure out what to change or improve for next grow. I also bet is smells pretty good in that tent now. That's the smell of victory even if it looks a little rough.

• panalilies
    commented on 's reply
    I bought a smaller dry tent for drying, 3ft tall, and my main cola branch (I didnt top or anything, just grew like normal) was too long for the tent, so it was king of sitting bent on the floor. Something to consider with your untopped, main stem monster on Twin B

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    I have a separate 2x2x2 tent ready just for drying. Since the 4 of them are all going to be harvested at different times I'm hoping there is enough space.

I hear you on the seeds, I have lowryder seeds sitting in my fridge waiting for the next grow

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, good to know that it's normal

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X