Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panalilies
    commented on 's reply
    My hardest part for drying was finding room for all the branches and colas to grow in a confined space I could control. Good luck!

My CP seeds came in the mail today and Im super excited to grow them! But I have to focus on the seeds Im germinating now before moving to them
    Last edited by panalilies; 05-10-2021, 03:59 PM.

• Catfish22
    replied
    BigMak , I'm posting a pic of my NL auto at 84 days. I harvested it 4 days later.
    I was concerned a bit about the red splotches but decided they were essentially age spots.
    Let her rip!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_154027.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	514288
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BigMak
    replied
    It's another a Monday and my weekly update.

Got home from Vegas after losing all my money and my plants weren't looking so good. A lot of the leaves had turned yellow and some were falling off. Gave them some TLC and they are looking better. I think the oldest gal will be ready to harvest in another week or so and I'm going to start flushing her this week. The twins are growing like crazy and still probably have a good 3 weeks to go before they are ready. Hopefully I can keep them alive for at least another 2-3 weeks

Now time to start reading up on harvesting, drying and curing.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good BigMak The leaves do all sorts of things during flower. I had the yellowing and curled tips (I called them elf shoes) with my last grow. You're still going to get a great harvest though, they look good. First grow...they look fabulous! Good luck in Vegas!!

• BigMak
    replied
    Weekly update.. After the scare last week with the Nute Burn I flushed all three of the older girls with straight PH checked water and I think they are looking better. Had to trim a bunch of the yellowing leaves and starting them on 1/2 the nutes this week. I think the older girl is getting close to harvest but still a few weeks out. The twins are doing great too, the one I left alone is at least 2 feet tall right now and the one I topped has quite a few buds and more uniform in size.

I'm off to Vegas till Saturday and my daughter is house sitting. Gonna leave her a couple gallons of PH balanced water to give them mid way through the week and hopefully they make it without me checking on them every other hour

Leave a comment:

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, I read up on both and just wanted and second opinion. I’m flushing them now and will lower nutrients and see how it goes. Appreciate the feedback!

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Hello @BigMak
    Middle picture looks like textbook nute burn, with the burnt tips. Third picture looks like textbook magnesium deficiency, with the yellowing in the veins of the leaves. There is a lot of info about both on the GWE site.

• PeterMatanzas
    replied
    BigMak Hello & welcome. There’s good advice above from the pro’s here.

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    Let someone with auto experience comment before you make up your mind, but as far into flower as they seem to be, it may just be the plant starting to use up nutrients from the fan leaves. Next phase will probably be dropping a few of them. If they fall off on their own or pull off with the slightest tug, it's because the plant was finished with it.

• BigMak
    replied
    So two of my girls have started to turn yellow and I don't know why. I've tried to use the plant troubleshooter and the closest I can find it the Manganese deficiency but don't know if it's correct. I check my water PH every time and keep it around 6.5, I've been adding the Cal-Mag (5ml/gallon), Bloom(10ml/gallon) and Pro-Tekt(5ml/gallon) nutrients and I water until I get runoff and then shopvac it up. Not sure what's happening, how to fix it or if I should even worry.

Any advice?

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Nice update! You're rocking this BigMak Looking good in there..you're going to get a good harvest. No need to worry about harvest yet though. Let's get these buds nice and fat first. LOL Something tells me that you'll be just fine at harvest time Good idea with using raised platform to share the light. Keep doing what you're doing.

• BigMak
    replied
    So it's been another week and sorry I haven't been around or posting much. Work has been kicking my ass on top of other things such as my water heater bursting, having to deal with insurance and contractors, etc.. Been a painful week but here's the latest update on my ladies.
    • Oldest lady (LST 7 weeks) - starting to look like my youngest one. The LST I did has kept it very short and flat which it's supposed to do, I think..
    • Twin A (Topped 6 weeks) - Is growing great. Definitely taller then the oldest but no where close to twin B. Can't believe the difference just a simple cut will do. It's spread out and looking great.
    • Twin B (6 weeks)- one TALL main stalk with multiple ones around it. She's growing like crazy and I have to check her at least a few times a day to ensure that she's not to close to the lights.
    • Baby (Topped 5 weeks) - She's doing great too. I was going to do some LST with her but decided not to. I kinda like the look of Twin A that was only topped.

Over all they are doing great or at least I think they are. All three of the older gals are drinking up water/nutrients and drying out the pots every other day. Have to give them each at least a gallon of water every second day and the baby maybe every 3 days. They tell me when they are thirsty by drooping their leaves a bit and then a while after watering, they stand back up. Raised the light multiple times and had to put the oldest girl on a raised platform so she could stay at the same level as the others and get her share of the light.

From what I read about the Critical Purple autoflowering strain, I probably have at least another 4 weeks to go before getting close to harvest. Just the though of harvesting, drying and curing is making me nervous as it will be my first time and I don't want to screw it up. Would really suck if I spent 3-4 months growing these beauties and then screw it up in the last steps.

What do you all think? Am I missing anything? Anything I should be doing other than adjusting light, making sure they are watered, checking PH levels, giving them nutrients and checking on them every day? I'm still pruning them a little bit a couple times a week, should I keep doing that or just let them be now?

Thanks to you all for your advice and this awesome site. Couldn't have gotten here with out ya'll.

Leave a comment:

• Sylvester
    commented on 's reply
    I'm still following along, they look fantastic.👍🏻 Interesting to see how tall the un-topped girl will grow.
    Think I'll change over to those smart cloth pots, good for the roots, I use soil too.
    So 3 gallon cloth pots are better size to buy? All good advice from everyone.
    Only thing I'd add, in my last photo grow (13weeks flower!) I fed nutrients at every feed, Canna is great but expensive. The Bloom boost is great.
    Next grow will be my first Autos, I'm giving water in between nutrients, I think they'll do just as well, save nutrient lock out & food will last longer.
    Happy growin.

• BigMak
    commented on 's reply
    I'm gonna leave as is per your suggestion, next grow will just be bigger pots

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Fox farm soil in known for running out in week 5 and that is the most important time to feed p/k. You could just put the 2 gallon pot and all in a 5 gallon with more soil as the roots would grow out without being air pruned, if you do transplant out of them your going to ripe the root ends off at this point.

Good luck.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X