No announcement yet.

Anyone in for growing trees? Summer Grow 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate rain this time of year, I too am watching closely for bud rot. I'll deal with it as I see it, take the big buds leave the larf to maybe grow more. But the rest I am sticking it out for the amber!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with ya on this Rwise i'm looking almost every hour LOL. I just went out trimmed off alot of extra large fan leaf don't need those anymore here at my house. I see more WPM on leaf also today nothing in the buds yet that looks like rot or mold. Brother we got to be diligent and then will still get some but hopefully not alot of loss.

Green crack starting to sugar up!
    Attached Files
    4x4 flower tent
    sour dream
    Blue Diesel
    Trainwreck
    platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
    Green Dream
    Sour Dream
    blue dream
    Freakshow

Comment

With all the root damage this GG4 must have taken when she got blown over, I decided the buds were just not going to fill out well. So I chopped em off, now my fingers are sticky like glue. Leaving some behind in the hopes that (if I have time) the roots can feed these and make them big. The smell is awesome! The other GG4 looks way better.
      Also the Sour Tangie was done yesterday.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the last photo so much!!!!

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        So what strain is that last pic? Looks like DLCI (Dog Legged Cousin It). Throw a stick to the sunny spot, and it'll run right over.

The gals fought the good fight, but Sir Snips A Lot, took em down at the end. R.I.P. my fair lasses. Note that not all of these were taken down at the same time, I snip no vine until it's time! I still have a few up on the hill that are just about ready, maybe a day or two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Done.png
Views:	253
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	453460Click image for larger version

Name:	Hill 1.png
Views:	245
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	453461Click image for larger version

Name:	Hill 2.png
Views:	239
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	453462Click image for larger version

Name:	Hill 3.png
Views:	248
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	453463
      Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

Saw a few amber on the top buds this morning. Three days of rain starting this afternoon. Gonna be lonely in the garden after today.

Comment

Went out this fine morn, just before the cold storm gets here, and found a bit of bud rot on the Shock Trauma, milky with some amber. And the Mazar Vtwin is not happy so,
          Time for a rootopsy, the Vtwin Mazar is younger and the roots are smaller (she dont like wet feet and i think her soils stays a bit wet) her roots look healthy (shown unwashed and washed). But look at the roots on that shock trauma, much bigger, but the twisting, thats from to small a pot to start them in to begin with. Another dif is the ST had only perlite on top (so no one would say anything about no perlite). Edit Look how the roots are grown out through the fabric and through the fabric into the ground!/Edit
          Perlite, for me has been a mistake, it will be removed from the soil and feed to the chickens, they have been picking it off the top already. First issue with perlite is I use water soluble powdered sulfur (PH down), with the perlite it makes sulfuric acid way to fast! The second issue and the one I cant have is it kills earthworms, whatever type you use.
          Another thing is 6 feet apart has been ok, but I need more room, 8-10 feet next year.
          I have someone thats going to cut trees (firewood) for me, and more than 100 will be removed, the sun will shine on my girls more hours per day. This will also increase air flow through the garden to help with WPM and bud rot.
          Pics in no order, the GG4 is on the racks, Mazar is in a box, the rest is now hung behind the ST. A pic of the burping station as it is this morning.
          Attached Files

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Thoughts on the Psycloner?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I modified it very fast, the water pump adds heat we dint need here, and it kept coming loose. I went to the pet store and put 2 bubble wall tubes in it feed by a dual air pump, much better. This made more circulation and air in the water, almost 100% success now, if I do things right.

Its cold out this morn, ok I'm not ready for it, its about 45*F, and I am thinking of hanging that DGD by her roots today, and trimming a few big buds from another plant or 2.
          Also starting to plan next years outdoor grow starting with Black Willie, this will be a spring seed run and I am thinking of feminizing it.
          Santa Marta Colombian Gold is on for indoor winter run, make seed and a cross or 2. I want to try to reveg the Tajikastani Hash Plant, and seed it as well, maybe a Mazar.

Comment

My outdoor green crack is looking good! Give me a yes or no in the comments if you think it should come down!
            Attached Files
            4x4 flower tent
            sour dream
            Blue Diesel
            Trainwreck

2x4 veg tent
            Green Dream
            Sour Dream
            blue dream
            Freakshow

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              She doesn't look ready yet but the weather might not hold. Good looking plant !!

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I like more amber, but shes not mine.

• Booger789
              Booger789 commented
              Editing a comment
              I concur it needs a couple more weeks. We will see if the weather holds.

I took the Mazar, and the DGD, the DGD shows being in to small a pot to start, she did ok this is her second harvest. Also trimmed one of the BB3s a bit, its getting crowded in the grow, err, drying/curing room. What A luvely day this was here in T town OK!

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I found a small praying mantis in the grow room this morn, moved to my Tepin pepper plant/s.

Been real busy these days so sorry for the long absence 😔 .this year's grow went fairly well the gg#4 had issues with wpm which is getting worse so she'll be getting the chop soon the g13 has no wpm so she will go another week maybe two depending on the weather conditions..the breeder, Barneys farm said g13 would grow 100 cm outdoors but she surpassed that which is why I had to build a third tier to support the colas.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Gingerbeard posted 2 tablespoons af apple cider vinegar in 1 quart of water does the job, I have tried it and it worked for me, completely gone in just 1 or 2 treatments. Some folks use this as a foliar feed as well.
              Edit, Air flow, this is very important with WPM and bud rot, you may need to add a fan (or trim) for dew /Edit

Thanks Rwise i did read his post but just wondering would it be safe to use during the last week's of flower? And I do use many fans to keep air flowing through the canopies specially at night I'm to the way north of you and the climate is Changing quickly the Dew point is unreal to the point where water is easily visible..I found with the unbelievable side branching going on with the gg#4 I had to constantly keep clean and cutting branches off to keep the main branch areas open to allow air to flow through easily,I like to read what you post you seem very intelligent and have many years of growing outdoors and there's no bullshit with you..I thank you..here's a night shot of the g13 I took two weeks ago I will take one more shot before she gets chopped.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              It has been in the low 40sF here already, and dew is an issue. Last year was worse, I take off inside and lower leaves to help, last year nothing within 18" of the ground.
              I dont have any idea if the vinegar would taste, but I dont think it would be harmful to us, not like we would be smoking powdered vinegar. I think it will not last long on the plant, maybe a few days.

Yeah. That's a thing Greengringo . I haven't sprayed it on weed. However, the plumeria is blooming just fine.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Heck it's unusually warm here upper 80's f smokey skies but not too bad. Unfortunately seems to be hanging on till it rains again which won't be for a while. Went to Oregon coast yesterday and was smokey there also and very warm. Lots of campers from California trying to escape the fire storms there. Anyway....i'm not dealing with much PWM just a little on few leaves. It was real dewy for a couple of mornings humidity is low again. I'm just tired , tired of staying home watching the " grass " grow. It's what happens getting close to the end of growing, waiting 7+ months for it to end but it is and i had to go big for our family and friends this summer. So it's nice to see that some are being harvested who are doing outdoor. My Thai Skunk is not done like i hoped for was going to chop her today but she's still looking clear/cloudy. Only giving well water now will do another loupe look on Friday, all others are 30days more i reckon
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Lots of work trimming yesterday, 60+ quarts put up so far! More standing, hanging, to harvest, and in boxes waiting. I have hit all my storage buildings pulling quart jars and cleaning them up.
                90*F here yesterday from a 40* morning
                SoOrbudgal I would join in the rain dances for all y'all, but I made promises to never do it again. Last time my brother and I did a rain dance, it flooded like crazy (almost lost Keystone dam) our pond was washed out (more than 5 feet deep over the whole dam). I'll just hope this doesn't last to much longer. But what I see, the forecast doesn't look good.

Comment

Our forecast is back to almost 90 by middle of next week. I am gonna keep letting my sativas put on bud size. But I am battling the worms. I seem to be getting ahead of them now. I’m not spraying just going over each stalk by hand and removing them. And the cool nights and mornings are really beginning to yellow leaves fast.
                  4x4 flower tent
                  sour dream
                  Blue Diesel
                  Trainwreck

2x4 veg tent
                  Green Dream
                  Sour Dream
                  blue dream
                  Freakshow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X