No announcement yet.

Anyone in for growing trees? Summer Grow 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 2 for the GF done today, a GG4 and a Piebert, next nice day she gets a Shock Trauma and BB3! All of them got wigglers added as i found a batch while moving a log.
    I am now out of perlite, almost out of blood meal, still have lots of rabbit poo, and some bull shit in the field!
    I am thinking of adding a watermelon to each pot, make some food too!
    Last edited by Rwise; 04-01-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Still only 12.5 hours of daylight per day here. Next month, or so I’ll be putting mine outside. Send a few Picts when I get there.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL all my clones flowered at 14/10, I just moved them outside, I have about 12.5 daylight now too.

mine are inside but growing as space clears up I will transplant from 1 gal pots to 7 gallon for the woods grow mine here at the house will be going into 25 gallon pots and some 10s , I decided to dump my pots from last year to amend the soil ,plants that were in 5 gallon pots were almost root bound ,7 gallon pots had a nice root ball lots of space left then the 10s had almost no roots at the edge of the pot ,so I decided the 7s were all around the better pot , because they are so much lighter to carry and when you carry them with plants a mile out they get heavy , so thats a factor lol
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        what organic matter do you feed the worms with ,I was thinking about putting a handful into each pot then top dressing with corn meal , at home with the green house I'm going to try and use 25 G pots , I use 3 g pots for my inside grow ,I built a auto watering system so drying out is never an issue they get feed 4 times a day now

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        OJ i'm doing 4-15gal. nursery plastic "zillion holes" drilled in them LOL 4-10gal and 3-5gal. for autos. Ready to go sitting in my greenhouse. Veggie tent on porch is rocking with all these 1gal pots now. Won't transplant till mid May hopefully warm enough for GH just gets sunlight for heat. I am so cautious about setting out to early but these will be huge when I do. LOL got my wagon ready

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 I feed the worms whats in the soil, ground leaves, animal poo (cow preferred), but if you use perlite it will kill the worms!

I think this is the earliest I have ever planted outside, but all the signs say spring!

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I've been watching the weather and our last frost has passed. We will be starting the plants outside in their raised beds this week. We are working on the larger field that is not in the flood zone as soon as we finish.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        we still have both April and May to get though before no frost I'm so jealous lol

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 I cant imagine having to wait that long. But we are contemplating moving your way when the wife retires.

This is whats going on in t5 setup right now. Long pot at the end it tobacco seeds I planted a couple of days ago. The seedlings are bagseeds and the empty pots are more bagseeds and some autos planted today from germination yesterday (all grew 1" taproot in 24h!).

These are going into pots in the greenhouse or out in the growbeds as soon the weather flips from storm and cold to sping. Hope it wont take long!

I want a big tree! =)

Last edited by swegrow; 04-02-2020, 12:14 PM.
      Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

Weather folks said it would be 60-70*F this morning, its 41* (wind chill 34*), I will have to watch, I may need to cover tonight! And still dropping, should level at 39* with wind, 12 more days and I should not have to worry with low temps.
      I got an email from the grow shop I use, they are open! Like I am going to risk my life for a bag of perlite!

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol our low was like 66 for the past week. Days are in the upper 80s.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I am covered! Could be 31* in the morning, and 90 in a few days

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        average here is 50 right now next week looks better ,nights are still cold

Man we had freeze warnings here, it's clear but dang cold and breezy. It's time to start warming here were 10degrees below normal for this time of year. Woodstove is doing it's thing
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yesterday 68 @ sunup, 28 @ midnight, ice and snow cover this morning,forecasting 78 on monday. They say in nebr. if you don't like the weather wait til tomorrow.

Comment

They tell me 36*, but I must be ready for 5 less, better to cover than replant!

Comment

I can hardly wait to get going. These are from last yr. when weather was good, turned sour not long after it was a struggle to finish with mere cloudy just be prepared at least with a cover of some sort, I did have cover but lacked the sun. I going bigger this year larger pots, longer veg.

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice! I cant wait to see what you do this grow.

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice! Nice stock of wood too!

Bowhunterwoody thank you and my hubby is very proud of his wood LOL ( ummm ya know I mean his wood cutting skills) he has piles of wood all over our place.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. We put up 5 or 6 cord every year. Heat mostly with wood. A little work but it's fun.

• RuralChic97
              RuralChic97 commented
              Editing a comment
              My hubby would look right past the plants and notice the wood pile

Yep us too Bowhunterwoody even cook on it got some pots heating up on it now. We have oak, madrone, fir mostly in our area. We've cut all the oaks in our yards down over the years now there is a small stand out front in the woods area. It has opened up my yards to the sun thank goodness. I still put some veggies in but not as much as I use to. Mostly flowers and herbs some root crops. We enjoy cutting and cleaning the forest floor. Trilliums are beginning to bloom native wildflowers are just lovely. We have a Spring wildflower show here probley not this year

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              We still have a few giant oaks shading a big portion of our lot. Have a hard time cutting down a 35" diameter tree for a few more cukes. We do ok. Mayflowers are starting. Trilliums come a little later here. Lady slippers and Jack in a pulpit too. They're all coming. Can't wait.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              All y'all can come cut wood here, I have plenty to go 'roun', I do want to keep some of the 150+ YO oaks.

Well we made it through with 37* for the low (wind chill 28*), hope that was the last cold front I have to worry with! 4 More for the GF and we'll have our summer grow going. I must also do some work in the veggie garden!

Comment

Bowhunterwoody we just split a big oak like that been laying down since last years snowmeggedon winter. Neighbor used his tractor to get it off another tree it hung up on was a really big job. It's taken us nearly a year to get the debris cleaned up. I don't ever want to roll big rounds again at our age.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                Bowhunterwoody commented
                Editing a comment
                We had a tornado come thru two springs ago and had four get uprooted that were better than 35". Took the whole summer and most of the fall to get cleaned up and split. Got 10 cords from those four. Still burning some of it. Like you said. Those big rounds have to stay on there side till at the splitter. Once they go flat forget it.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I just noticed my post says 1919 birth year of my mother

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                when I was a kid my dad had told me to split up this oak tree trunk and like a kid I put it off ,one afternoon when it was about 0 out he told me to go do it now so I bundled up went out and split the whole trunk about 10 feet of rounds ,apparently it was frozen solid and when I hit it with the mall it just flaked off ,never had to swing hard ,it was like a hot knife thru butter , Now I haven't had to split wood for alot of years but when I did I always let it get frozen first ,I did next years wood this year only way it worked

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• swegrow
                swegrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Fine machine and great logs, you will be set for the winter if you keep that up =)

• Bowhunterwoody
                Bowhunterwoody commented
                Editing a comment
                54 ton! Beautiful. Ours is just 37. Still does ok for us. I try not to take the big honkers. Just the 12-20 inches. Little easier to maneuver on the splitter. Wife works the lever. She still has a good eye. Still have all my fingers.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                I wonder what caused that ring around the outer edge interesting

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X