No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the rest of my pics. I've never been able to trim a plant and leave it whole 😂 I'm so proud of this little girl!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_231230_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	386476

Name:	20200321_234647_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	513.4 KB
ID:	386477

Name:	20200321_234846_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	530.9 KB
ID:	386481

Name:	20200321_234728_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	719.2 KB
ID:	386480

Name:	20200321_234932_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	386478

Name:	20200321_235730_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	386479

Name:	20200321_235758_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	550.2 KB
ID:	386482
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking flowers! Crazy how root bound it was.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Another top contender for sure!

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      BeeYootiful! That looks delicious, congrats on cutting down such an awesome grow.

nice chunk of bud right there...betcha that root ball felt like a softball. Mines in a fiber pot so i can squeeze it an feel how dense it is. What strain is it again? im too stoned to go back and search it..lol
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yeah, she was really dense. Its Gorilla Glue auto from fast buds

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to step on those root balls to break up the soil out of them. It reminds me now for some odd reason of a shrunken head. Yep homegrown i'm still rather " foggy " also !

heres my baby hiding like the little one she is lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Awwww OJ she's just shy and insecure in her smallness LOL it's hard playing with the big dogs around here.

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it’s fattening up!

Sun was shining bright so I decided to give her a break from the tent. Khaleesi was excited and sat guard- “Don’t you lay a hand on my plant.”

The other plant was originally another solo contender. I decided to put her in a 1g smart pot and have some fun. Topped it a handful of times to try and get that Bonsai look.
    Current Grow:
    • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
    • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
    • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
    ​​​​Nutrients
    • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
    • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
    • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
    • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
    • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

A lot of really great looking plants, I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's posts... well your pictures but you know what I mean. I hope mine finishes by 4/10 but I'm not counting on it. Either way I'm hoping for some good smoke, it already smells freaking phenomenal. Happy Sunday everyone, stay healthy.
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
      GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow
      I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        My Alaskan Purple photo in a 3Gal is almost done, I'll try to remember to take pics when the lights come on in a few hours. It was a breeze to grow but I would have liked to see a bit more yield. I reckon any lack of yield is mostly my fault though.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        looking great so far I love seeing plants outside so early Well for us anyway

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 it was so sunny yesterday I couldn't help myself but to bring them outside to get a nice pic. Unfortunately it wasnt even 50°F so their trip outside was short lived

So just a few pics to update, starting to see a little more every day. Not sure how this will translate to yield, but it looks pretty. In the top cola, there’s a little blackish purple bit. Looks like a dead fly in cobwebs. Not sure what it is or what it’ll be, just along for the ride.

Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        musta tried to eat a tric and got stuck lol

• Billyblastafuc
        Billyblastafuc commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol maybe! I don’t think it’s actually a bug, just funny it looks like one. At first I was wondering if I got my animal cookies and purple passion seeds mixed. Guess I’ll have to wait and see. This lady gets wilder everyday, my other lady is still getting taller (2 ft and counting) and only has 2 pistils. Started on the same day. So, trying to get that worked out. Lol

Final dry weight for Walter White. at 56% RH,
      50.21 grams or close to 1 3/4 oz.
      Buds are not super dense but smell strong and look great.

Late edit but sampled a small bud and with only 2 puffs and that was more then enough for me. No coughing, slight spicey taste with some sharp edge to it but it has yet to be cured. Sticky and full of resin. Will post some bud shots later if I remember.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200322_213844_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	352.9 KB ID:	386880
      Last edited by JohnEmad; 03-23-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        lol greenlivin, i know the feelin. July last year was my 1st harvest with 3 plants and I barely harvested 3 oz. I have a bit of ocd and directed it to growing with the help of all the members here and more. It does pay off. Now my goals are for even more and better.

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just placed my first Seedsman order and now I have to check out Mephisto Genetics. So many strains, so little room in the tents :-)

Great grow JohnE!

• Greenlivin
        Greenlivin commented
        Editing a comment
        John I’m the same way with a bit of OCD. I probably spend way too much time with the plants, but at least I can catch any issues early on! I’m into the end of my second grow. No photos this time except my solo contender. With a 2x2 tent I had to get strains that would grow short. So I’m hoping it still produces a decent amount. I think next time around I’ll try just one plant (a photo) in the tent, and let that thing get super bushy. Instead of cramming three plants into the tent.

Well, it happened. Good things always come to an end.(just kidding)

I noticed my solo was drinking less and less water. So I tried to dry it out. Then I started noticing symptoms working their way from the top down. Thought maybe too close to the light, but that didn’t help. Today I pulled up the entire root ball with soil in one piece to get a look at the roots, and sure enough they are brown and extremely tight-knit. No room for oxygen.

I should have about two weeks to go before harvest time. Hoping to make it across the finish line with some decent bud.

Question for everyone: have you ever had root bound and root rot and pruned the roots to actually fix the problem? I hate to see it die a slow death after having such a good run.
      Last edited by Greenlivin; 03-24-2020, 09:44 AM.
      Current Grow:
      ​​​​Nutrients
      • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        try giving them a bath in hydro guard, if the roots were bigger I would say to give it a try but I dont think it would work on a solo cup

• Greenlivin
        Greenlivin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the tip OJH.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be more concerned about the rot then the bound. How of do you water?

Mr.furley I had been watering every day. Going to let it dry out as much as possible now. Do you think I’d do more damage than good if I tried to clean the roots up and put new soil in?
      Last edited by Greenlivin; 03-24-2020, 09:43 AM.
      Current Grow:
      ​​​​Nutrients
      • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

My girl gets lots of oxygen - cuz I pushed a few hundred holes in the cup sides with a pin. Although she has adopted an anti-tip mechanism which doubles as her watering container. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_103837.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	991.4 KB
ID:	387416Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_103643.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	888.2 KB
ID:	387419Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_103810.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	387417Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_103655.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	925.5 KB
ID:	387418
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks - she's still in the clear - definitely waiting on amber trichomes on this girl as she's supposed to be heavy on both THC - over 20% and CBD over 5% - hopefully some goodnight smoke for me and my girl.
          Last edited by Canuck147; 03-24-2020, 03:52 PM.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          She's lookin' good! I use that same technique to water my seedlings in cups from the bottom.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have water in the measuring cup - just the plant so if doesn't fall over.

I decided to do a little surgery on my root bound/rot issue. Tried to get all the old soil out of existing root ball, pruned the bottom roots, got a new cup with a lot more holes, and added new soil. Fingers crossed. 🤞🏼
        Current Grow:
        ​​​​Nutrients
        • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm watchin to see what happens - these are pretty hardy plants - my guess is she'll slow down before she fills out.

• Greenlivin
          Greenlivin commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. But as long as she makes it to the finish line I’ll be happy at this point.

Well Iv had a coulpe of set backs but I'm still here. Iv had to leave town more then normal and had problems both with the cup setup and my personal life that has kept her from being the best she could, it has taken a toll on the plant but it is what it is.

I'm hope she will finish in time, it's going to be close....

Everyone is doing a great job and the finish line is coming up.

Name:	20200324_211936.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	387597
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          plant still looks good! nice buds setting up. and Mr.furley, this is just for fun...take care of yourself and personal life first and foremost..

Solo GG#4 has grown another inch in 7 days..buds are still quite a way from being done. Her free range sister, in a 5 gal pot is starting to bend branches..i'll have to yo-yo her this week.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

So....what are people’s thoughts on stretching the deadline another week? It sounds like there’s a few of us that are cutting it close.
          Current Grow:
          ​​​​Nutrients
          • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr Furley, As you basically set the stage for this friendly comp I am fine with whatever you and the judges decide. Keeping it open a bit longer so plants fully finish is ok by me. As photos tend to take longer to reach maturity they could be in a semi separate category. But I am also fine with majority votes.

• NickyChicks
            NickyChicks commented
            Editing a comment
            Even though I don't think either of my solos are going to finish in time I think the deadline should remain 4/10. I think the 100 day start to finish makes the solo cup challenge more interesting and it brings one more control into everyone's grows. other than cup size, keeping the roots contained and a deadline, the rules were super flexible. It also might make it more fun if we were to do it again with the same exact rules.

• Greenlivin
            Greenlivin commented
            Editing a comment
            You make valid points Mr. Furley and NickyChicks.

My $0.02 is the rules are the rules and we all knew them going in. Keep the 4/10 deadline. If I had not fried my seedlings I'd be on time. But I fried my seedlings - so I am not. Next time I had better not put my seedlings under the 600W MH so fast :-)

If I decide not to enter to have better smoke then that is my choice too. I will harvest no weeds before its time!
          Last edited by billyboy; 03-26-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Billy I think the light was to close not the light itself

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 it was so close that I turned the first half inch of soil into the surface of Mars. In my defense I wanted to keep them warm!
            Last edited by billyboy; 03-26-2020, 09:18 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X